Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The return of the king and his empire.

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Ebuleh, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Ebuleh

Ebuleh Goblin Scout
    Tester

Our king is building our beloved empire,King mannus is returning.You all should get ready and kneel to his majesty.

Agon black days will finally vanish,by the sunlight of our kings will.

The kingdom of Hyperion will be back and will punish all the vigilants.

2. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

There is only 1 real king and that is King Gans

AbyssWalker likes this.
  3. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

I mean I'm pretty confident this is a troll, but i'll humor you. Oh no, literally the least effective pvp clan in the history of the game is coming back to 'dominate'.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

mannus mr anus,go play shitty mo

5. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Hyperion was an alliance. Inside that alliance were some clans that weren't that bad at the time compared to everyone else. There were also some really bad clans in it like mine. Even if you are talking about Duchy of Wessex, the main 'Hyperion' clan they had some decent players for the time/era when you figure what the average player/meta was like back then.

On the flip side the Hyperion alliance had the clan Realm of Kirdain in it, which was the actual worst PvP clan in the history of the game. We were trained by our leadership to not use transfers. Many of our fellow members considered jump kiting cowardly and dishonorable so we often times didn't use it. We weren't allowed to macro at all. Only designated crafters were supposed to craft meaning we never had gear either. We were so bad that some times the Hyperion alliance would make us 'guard holdings' against 'possible counter sieges' rather than have us come clog up the battle field with useless guys that would die in 3-4 hits and generally do no damage.

Its pretty bad when even in an alliance like Hyperion the leadership is like 'naaaah why don't you uh... guard our rear rather than bring in those extra 60+ people... thanks'

Finnad, DeadlyHit, Ninogan and 4 others like this.
  6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

fake

7. Ebuleh

Ebuleh Goblin Scout
    Tester

Do you even know who i am ?

8. Ron Paul

Ron Paul Deadeye

No clue, but any roleplayer wouldn't be caught dead with an introduction like that. So fake.

9. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

even i can write up better roleplay stories ... hell, even Arkillion can (and did), but thats another story .....

Mimitis TheOne likes this.
  10. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

Why? Who was your SG? Why did you not leave straight away?

Lol
    HG

11. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I was a complete newbie, technically everyone was because the game had just launched. I didn't know any better and by the time I did, I left and was picked up by the early scarebears, called 'Darkfaii' back then. It was them and brutaL that showed me the right way to fight. Tibidor Greymarch or something like that was the SG of Realm of Kirdain, he was a nice guy but not such a hot leader at launch. I think the running joke in the alliance (right before hyperion collapsed) that I remember duchy guys always saying was that he was retarded or had down syndrome or something.

Clans making bad choices (in hindsight) was pretty much the norm back then. Clans and alliances pouring resources into cities instead of character development was probably the most widespread and common of the 'huge mistakes' that resulted in a lot of people leaving the game the first time they lost their city. Another common one early on was clans trying to force class based systems onto their members rather than encouraging them to utilize all the tools at their disposal. I remember for awhile in kirdain they wanted archers in leather armor, mages in robes and warriors in heavy armor, with of course warriors only meleeing, archers only shooting bows and mages only casting mana missile.

I hope by the time this game launches they have very publicly posted guides about such things to avoid the toll bad newbie leadership can take on the games population. Just all the common pitfalls newbie clans make that fuck them in the long run.

HighTimes, Roskoe, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  12. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

Lol, I have my very extensive noob experience, especially since at the start you could hardly understand what was going on; I remember a 1 fps siege in Velleynith where I got mixed up and started to chase and hit our allies and only after the siege was won I finally read line upon line of chat: "Hyld you Moron, stop attacking us, we are allies"...lol, luckily I could hardly do any damage

Regards
    HG

13. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

if this was real, i would be one of the first to know. also checked my sources to confirm this. that was not even a good rp announcement post.

14. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

I had the cape and burger king crown ready for our liege.

Xipos<3 and Hyld like this.
  15. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

welcome back, good to see old people/clans/alliances returning. Larger population will never hurt

16. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

lol, I'll take it

17. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Didn't that guy run Sinister and die from a horrible infection while visiting Australia?

#17 Quin Tessence, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  18. Ebuleh

Ebuleh Goblin Scout
    Tester

Soon you guys will feel king's Wrath.

Just be patient.

19. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

what king?

20. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

OP looks like it was written by an 8 year old.

Mea Kulpa likes this.