Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Sero problem has been resolved

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Dim Mok, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

game needs a community wipe / reboot, and it's getting it

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

The people who are left are the people who drove everyone else out.

Unless severe measures are put in place to deter the same things happening over again, it’s a fools gambit.

Shieldbreaker and Marxman like this.
  3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Ironic, his clan is the only one left.

People were "driven" out by the community just as much as people were "driven" out by nothing to do.

We did the endgame, over... and over... and over again. There is nothing left for me and many others to do. We have the 120 stats, the maxed characters, i have 2 almost 3 PVP viable alts. I tossed my bank TWICE and it's STILL stacked, been through multiple server wars... There isn't anything to do anymore but login, and zerg or be zerged. It's just not fun anymore.

It's quite funny that you guys talk about the toxic community and vets being the problem, since they've pretty much all quit (except CryGaul). Hows it working out?

4. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Games a lot nicer without 100+ no shows I must say.

We are still playing because we live in calf, (ironically enough because "that's where clans go to die") because it's helped prevent us from being zerged/griefed out of the game by elitist blobs who literally want nothing more than to force us to leave calf so they can do exactly that. Now the elitist blobs are dying out because they have over-fished and there is nothing left for them to eat

We will rebuild agon with a strong anti-elitist streak and the population will finally be able to grow!

5. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Wtf??

6. Hostile

Hostile Goblin Warrior

lol they need to wipe the server for it to grow, small clans have no chance Blackwater will just zerg em out of the serve anyway

Shieldbreaker likes this.
  7. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

We only zerg elitist nerds who ruin the game for everyone else and drive them out

8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

No you dont. You ally them remember?

Pssst: you're not fooling anyone, and IF pop ever picks up, those "elitest nerds" will be right back qyooti.

#108 Sero, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    CaptainAmerica and NonFactor like this.
  9. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

"blobs"

Sero likes this.
  10. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

I wish that was true but many people casual players did end up being zerged and quit because your clan/alliance kept zerging the smaller groups of players.

At least Defiance would ress or people like Squanto left all the loot. These "elitist" really aren't as bad as you try to make them look.

With big clans like that there really is no point for smaller clans to exsist. All you do is gimp yourself and make the game hardcore but since it's seems to be the mentaility to bring all the numbers you can there are really a lot players that left since that is not appealing to them.

11. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

It's funny to see the very people who were playing to crush another alliance by any means necessary is crying because that plan back fired. Own your mistakes and learn from them. Server wars create a boom and bust population, it was fun when you were winning, but now that you lost you want to concern troll about population and health of the server.

You reap what you sow, a wise person once said.

Shieldbreaker and Marxman like this.
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

hey dude, theres no one playing the game. u know that right?

last week a few of us log and we just killed u guys 3 times in a row at champs then varecry started a crying river on agon chat.

said that we gonna keep LOSING HARD when we dont log.

#112 NonFactor, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  13. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Part of the reason people aren't playing is due to the server war, it created a bust population after the boom. People get bored and eventually come back, but the other part is that when people came back during the surge of population there were still a ton of issues with the game i.e., time and resources wasted on combat changes that ultimately were reverted, QOL changes that have been neglected for the current and potential future player base neglected, server instability / laggyness, etc...

14. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

ya, not a "part of the reason" its the fully reason. lack of content.

theres nothing to do, only the same of 9 years ago so ppl sometimes log get bored quickly then quit and go play another shit.

Shieldbreaker likes this.
  15. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Smaller group of players != Noob/Non-elitist by default

I never said we don't zerg smaller groups of players, but those smaller groups we do zerg are rich elitists. Even a small group of elitists can push tons of people out of the game.

Not once have I ever seen us zerg down some hapless random...if we find some nooby or some otg guy and we have like 8v2-3, we never kill them... When we zerg someone it's always someone in tta/dayar/pe or defiance, someone who has the option of bringing a lot of others in to help and is rich. Just ask otg if we zerg them down or any other randoms not in elitist clans.

Very shallow way of thinking to only take into consideration "big" or "small". Like a braindead fucking caveman or something. You can have a relatively small clan that still shitstomps a large clan, you know? It's unbelievable that people are still this dumb and think that all that matters is number count. It's like saying some 200 lb out of shape fat fuck who can barely move would shit on some ripped 180 pound mma fighter lol just because he is 20 lb bigger.

wot about how dumb most of you here are
    Say for example OTG had 30 returning players and dropped a siege, I think we all know that less than like 20 dayar could absolutely slaughter them. What would you say then? That a large clan of 20 is zerging a small clan of 30 out of the game? Let's stop playing dumb here pretending that the only thing that matters is numbers, it's is quite literally just elitist propaganda. Depending on the roster, a relatively small clan can certainly drive out a larger clan. Yes ofc numbers makes a big difference, but it is not the only factor....roster is also a massive factor, OTG having all older folk is a massive fucking factor...but elitists ignore all of this because it benefits their ego to pretend the ONLY thing that matters is numbers (admitting they have literally every other advantage wouldn't help their ego, which is all they will ever care about, so they hyper-focus on numbers alone since it's the one advantage they (usually) don't have).

The issue isn't that "smaller" clans can't exist because they get zerged down, as I just pointed out a small clan can drive out a large clan given the rosters. Take intensity for example, they had more than us at frostbourne siege (25v20) but somehow still couldn't survive as an independent clan despite their large(r) size. Why? Because we zerged down their 25 with our 20? Nonsense, it's because they had a weaker roster than we did. That's not their fault ofc, they were a fresh clan who used to (until sero stopped it) allow in new/bad players. We tried to help them every step of the way and was going to sell frostbourne to them (which was why the siege was initially dropped, was supposed to be a trade) till they decided at the last minute they were just going to try and take it with a 25 man siege force lol. As soon as they allied tta the next day sero had thor grim kick out all the undesirable members who were inflating their numbers (i.e. weak/newer players) so they immediately dropped from a siege force of 25+ to less than 15 essentially overnight. Then they continued to drop an insane amount of no shows, nutcup with dayar and blob us down wearing full dragon regularly which made people from both sides (mostly ours though) quit permanently because of how boring and toxic the whole thing was.

Elitism is what kills the population, not "zergs". Zergs are the only way to stop the elitists trashing the game, which is why they spend 24/7 crying about them. It's the only thing that challenges their death grip on the game. Another elite group could challenge them, but given how rampant incest is among elites it's much more likely they will help each other rather than fight. Zerging is the only option they leave people with.

#115 Marxman, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  16. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Most of your clan/alliance are way more elitist then me or the players I run with and we are also not richer or have run people out of the game. Also no trashtalking or any toxic behaviour. Even solo we have been zerged by 10+ of your allies/clannies. I rather run into 1 eltist player and die in a good fight and learn from it then being chased down withouth even being able to put down a fight.

The game just doesn't have a big enough population. If the game was in a healthier state there would have been more people like us to fight against. Smaller groups but sadly most clans stack their members up or feel the need to stay competive versus another clan. I get that and understand that but it makes little room for smaller clans trying to get into the game and enjoy pvp unless we/they merge/ally up with another clan. That's why smaller clans don't really exsist in this version because the state the server is in isn't really healthy.

Also, why do you go and throw insults instead of going into a normal discussion? If you have some issue's with me then please say so. Because if you have some sort of issues then there is no point in going into a discussion since it would cause you to be biased and not openmindend about what I have to say. I have no issues with you but when the words written on the forums don't match what's happening ingame I am going to speak out about it.

All I did was pointing out your hypocrisy by telling the truth. You wrote a whole wall of text but what I mentioned in the previous post did happend. No wall of text is going to make it dissapear.

17. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

If you read what I said right in the beginning you would see I never said we DON'T zerg smaller clans, but not all smaller clans. OTG and clans like that are let off the hook, flower elitist clans like dayar/tta/pe/defiance (however small at the time) we do zerg most of the time, yes. I never denied any of this, so I'm not being a hypocrite and my words are matching my actions you are just completely ignoring 90% of what I am saying.

It's nothing personal against you, but when you just repeat the exact same things as people around you then I am going to treat you like the amorphous blob that you are. You don't have even remotely unique opinions, so there is no reason for me to treat you like a unique person in this context. As long as you are part of a bandwagon repeating their talking points I'm going to call you dumbasses pretty often, but if you ask me 1 on 1 about something where you aren't in full parrot mode then I will be just as nice to you as I am with anybody. Again, nothing personal (honestly).

The issue isn't simply the size of the clans, large clans of new/returning players can't really exist independently either and that was my point. Focusing only on size and absolutely nothing else is so shortsighted.

18. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

BW won ROA who cares move on.

19. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Wow, OTG still has a presence in ROA? That’s good to hear if true.

Mea Kulpa and Marxman like this.
  20. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

I've seen them running around here and there recently, found 3 at a village and invited them to party