Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Themyscira

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WithoutShame, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

Not to mention I opened a chaos chest yesterday and literally it comes up "This Chaos Chest is Empty" COOL

Fengor and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  2. Tiax

Tiax New Member
    Loyal

If you guys watche the stream BGP had befor the housing stuff they showed the making of one of these islands.

KoKane likes this.
  3. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I got PMs before the housing video launched telling me what mats and skills were going to be required. When i asked if they were just guessing they said a friend of a friend of the devs told them. THEN the video comes out showing the list i was given to be about 95% accurate. There will still details i was told that weren't in the video and those panned out to be true as well, including where a lot of the rare mats would be found. There is definitely information leaking. Whether this was included, who knows but those that leaked and received. But it is common knowledge that things have been passed on pre-patch that gave others an advantage.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    BootyEater69 likes this.
  5. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

of course stuff like that will happen its human nature, not liek the devs are going to play with their long time friends and not at least give hints about where it is or tell them where its not which helps narrow it down

6. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

A private message of the name of the friend of a friend would be greatly appreciated. We take these accusations very seriously and do not tolerate leaks of information. We also don't appreciate rumors so if you have information please do forward it.

Ylahoto, Green Chili, ElrinaS and 2 others like this.
  7. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

LOL, like im going to give up names of people so you can plug the leaks leak. It happened in beta, it is happening in launch. Is it breaking the game? no. Is it frustrating? yes. Is it as bad as people make out almost like the information is the ocean and its leaking into a boat so fast it sinks in seconds? no. The fact it happened or is happening at all is an open door to all hell breaking lose in the community.

When Darkfall seen its first hackers and AV maintained there were no hackers and no hacks, we knew there were hacks. Then it turned into a shit show of everyone who beat you was obviously a hacker. The forums blew up about how so and so was hacking and never ran out of stam, or was doing more damage than he should of been. If a person was hugely unlucky they likely got killed by a hacker once a week at most. But the fact it did happen, no matter how slight opened the flood gates.

It isnt specifically BPG's fault, its human nature to repeat the same mistakes over and over. The human race is quite literally insane as a whole. It takes Two to Tango.... The leaker and the leakee. If a BPG employee yells every secret at a concrete wall it does no good unless some hears it and abuses it. So the ones receiving and acting on that information are just as much to blame. If i were BPG i would start picking certain people and "Leak" information to them. Tell them something completely wrong. Just sit back and watch what happens with that information in chat logs, then post it all on the forums and we all have a laugh about it.

Adding new content in the ocean with piss poor ocean support in this game was dumb. The housing materials in different continents i understood, hit a few trees in yssam, oh hey! i just found a secret for how to get mahogany.... Hit some stone in Niff and bam, holy shit Limestone! those are good changes. hiding shit in the water where 90% of the population avoids like the plague, isnt the answer to "Bring more people out on boats to pew pew over some rocks and trees.". you need secret content people will have a chance as a whole to find. So if Loose Lipped Dev Y tells Player A a secret, the secret is only valueable for a day or two because its in a place people will stumble across by then. Minimizes the perceived damage the leaks did or did not cause and allows people to find things without for whatever reason, wasting an entire day on a raft looking for a tiny island. I found an island on the map that had nothing on the map for it. i hit the nodes and got nothing but regular shit. would i ever think to check more of these stupid islands? Or would i just assume AV did some more stupid shit i didnt know about by putting stuff not marked by the map and no one gave a shit cause it had 20 trees, 15 rocks and a few bushes on it? If you make a scale and straight up measure the weight of the really bad ideas against the weight of the really good changes i think it would be tough to not be in the red by at least a little bit. It seems like someone is being given too much say in a position they dont have the skill set to hold.

BootyEater69 likes this.
  8. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Tldr: I have no evidence I just like to insinuate things for attention.

Ansem, Ylahoto, Lexendros and 3 others like this.
  9. EarthMother

EarthMother Earth Elemental
    Supporter

Because it never happens right

BootyEater69 likes this.
  10. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

These games always have to be designed around the lowest common denominator because there is no consequences to exploiting the system like there is in real life.

If there is a way to exploit something then you know god damn well someone is doing it, the game can't be set up for the community to do the right thing or police itself.

11. AzraelVII

AzraelVII Dire Zombie

So you care enough to bitch about it on the forums, but you don't care enough to validate your slanderous claim?

Ansem, Ylahoto, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  12. apophis

apophis Goblin Warlord
    Legend

entire housing implementation was garbage. this remote island afk alt paradise is just the cherry on top

i would have been 1000x more hyped to do stuff in the game if they were just miniscule chance chaos chest reward, or champion/devil/dragon loot, or trade routes

Ylahoto, Fengor, Foomanchu and 6 others like this.
  13. Gotja

Gotja Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

They made houses worth 10x as much and cities 1/10 as much g fking g

Ylahoto, Fengor, RootedOak and 3 others like this.
  14. Throndr

Throndr Goblin Scout

Yes, for the first days, it was nice on the first island. We where alone. because of limited playtime I got mats for 2 housemods. Then more people found it. Not being the best PvPer I gave if up. The second island isn't afk anything. It's in the middle of a bloody mobspawn :) And now an afk alt will just be killed fast on both islands. So I've found 2 islands. at most these gives about 8 house mods per day if farmed continously and uncontested. So come on, this is a nice little easteregg, small hotspot for those bothering to go out there, but not exactly game breaking.
    There are still secrets out there. Go find them, use them as much as you can before they become common knowledge. It's a way for the solo player/small clan to get an edge on the bigger guys. It's actually sand in the box. Not even WoW tells you how to do a raid, why should BPG do?

BootyEater69 and KoKane like this.
  15. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

im still wondering where squid comes from lol. i bet its some little swamp or tiny river where nobody would think to look.

idc for squid tbh but just knowing would bring me rest. are they confirmed in the game bpg?

BootyEater69 and The Red King like this.
  16. Throndr

Throndr Goblin Scout

I know 6 ways to get ink, squid is one of them...

BootyEater69 likes this.
  17. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

I think this island is pretty neat, I always dreamed of finding secret places, tricks I could make profit from that nobody knew about, more mystery is awesome.

BootyEater69 likes this.
  18. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

ye idc for ink. its one of the easiest parts to acquire from the deed crafting i just am wondering where to find the squid lol.

come to think of it i hope they implement new uses for these materials. deeds wont be used forever.

19. Throndr

Throndr Goblin Scout

Would bet a ink or 2 for the mats to be used in deployable vendors ;)

BootyEater69 and Ylahoto like this.
  20. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Wouldn't it be so much easier to just release this information publicly ahead of time, and completely nullify any chance of any leaks giving anyone an advantage?

You guys seem to be stuck on how cool and amazing "secrets" in the game are, but any benefit of them is vastly overshadowed by the downside of opening up accusations of leaks and misconduct to me.