Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Themyscira

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WithoutShame, Jul 7, 2017.

1. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

The housing materials have been a huge fail for RoA so far.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrubby Bear, Myater, Ylahoto and 5 others like this.
  2. Mad Knight

Mad Knight Dire Zombie
    Hero

So now we have alts semi afk tapping trees and rocks on two big islands and alts semi afk tapping trees and rocks on two small islands.

Yet you can kill mobs such as a golem that gives 0-2 limestone forcing players to live that semi afk alt life because harvesting is somehow better than farming it from mobs.

3. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

I love all these modern-day Nostradamus level predictions that have been popping up about 2 weeks after the housing mats became widespread public knowledge. But yea, protect you sources guys, your journalistic integrity is on the line.

You guys with all this supposed leaked knowlegde of all of RoA's biggest secrets, could have done so much:

You could have been a hero to all the people that are constantly looking for any excuse to bash BPG.

You could have taken a simple screenshot of the person leaking info the second you obtained the info, to let them try and track it down so they coulds try plug (best for the game option)

Or you could have used the knowledge to get a mssive leg up on the competition and corner the housing mats market....

Probably a couple more nefarious ideas that have not occured to me, yet all you've done with this amazing piece of insider kniwledge is used it to stir the pot in a thread that should have been a cool little thing that BPG did to try and add something to the game.

Well played, boys

KoKane likes this.
  4. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

the plus side is I no longer have to maintain a sub to keep a house as I never bothered

but yeah, i agree it was a pretty big fail. They should have made houses more or less accessible to everyone via chaos chests (cause exploring is what the devs want right???),even add lots more houses, removed house addons from chaos chests / mob drops and put the crafting grind on addons. Houses are a good way to keep people subbed and thats money in BPG's pocket, and once you have a house.. you'll want at least a safe

Ylahoto and Mea Kulpa like this.
  5. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

The point i was making is that i have no need to out the person who told me what their friend told them. When i heard what the housing system was supposed to cost i said fuck that im not putting that work in for a cottage i wont get before they are all gone to large clans and no lifers. I expressed my opinions as such here without saying anything about a "leak" because really the "leak" didnt matter to me at that point. The only advantage it gave me was that i knew i wouldn't bother trying for a house. This Island thing did not come to me in any form of a "leak" it was fed through the slow to release player base the way you would expect it to slowely travel. I told the person that expressed they were very unhappy about it that MMOs have secret things that people find. That this biggest reason this is an issue is because A) its not a new game so people dont have the mentality like they would in a new game to explore everything. They assume its the same game with changes being listed in change notes. and B) if someone leaked the info to some friends about them and they went right there to farm it after the patch.

I don;t beleive that near as much information is leaked as people think there is was the point i was making, I know SOME information has been leaked here and there. I know for a fact as i was in a clan with someone "lower level" in beta that would talk about things being worked on before anyone else had an idea what was coming down the pipe. Then this house thing that i thought was someone talking out their ass till it turned out to be right. Reporting BPG to itself is like telling the police another policeman has broken the law. They will likely fill out a paper and maybe look into it, but in the end nothing would be done about it unless it was a major crime. So why bother going to bpg and ratting on everyone who has ever told me something about what was coming in a game? the only thing id like to see come out of this is a bit more transparancy from BPG and that IF something is to be hidden it shouldnt be something that gives a few people a giant leg up over everyone else and shouldnt be in the middle of the water to which people really have no reason to sail around in.

BootyEater69 likes this.
  6. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

Oh wow, talk about drama..

You get more Limestone and Mahogany hitting nodes on Yssam/Nifl Btw.
    These islands are just little easter egg secrets that you most certainly CANNOT afk on.
    People need to get a fucking grip. And This Kilrath guy talking about a leak, that wasn't quite accurate, that he didn't act on, or report, yet posts publicly now, in such an ambiguous fashion. Don't even bother posting something like that because the only problem I can see in that scenario, is you.

It's fascinating to watch how negative ideas or moods can spread and gather momentum like a runaway train on the forum.

The single fastest way to get a home right now, in game, is farming a specific mob spawn that requires at least 4 people...

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  7. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I strongly supported removing the acquisition from chaos chests, but didn't expect what we got. Until the original loot rate was increased after the first week, my clan had given up on farming up a house.

WithoutShame and Ylahoto like this.
  8. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Undead Dwarf

Pretty much same here. I'm not even going to bother to gather up all the resources to make a deed. Sadly I miss getting the deeds the old way though chaos chests, at leasts seeing a chaos chest then had some great anticipation on what you could get. Now when I see a chest I get about the same excitement as opening a old barrel except you gain 32 gold.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  9. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Pretty much. Cottages should be easily available to people who want them. Upgrades and decorations should be where the cost is, not to mention the gold mine of fluff that can be added if you make houses more customizable.

They could have added chaos plots everywhere and allowed people to buy cottage deeds for 100k, at least then a casual player would have no worries about acquiring one and running out of cottage plots.

But they put what appears to be 30 seconds of thought into it and called it a day.

10. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Sadly, some villages don't even have cottages, houses are inexplicably twice the cost of cottages, and villas (of which there are a ton) are 4 times the cost.

11. Gudu Chaven

Gudu Chaven New Member

Are free spots still available?

12. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member