Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

There is no legit reason NOT to wipe/relaunch a NA server to coincide with HK launch.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jujutsu_Kaisen, Mar 3, 2021.

?

New NA server with Hong Kong launch?

1. Yes

65.1%
  2. No

34.9%
  1. Jujutsu_Kaisen

Jujutsu_Kaisen Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

The normal "wouldn't change anything" to the game population doesn't apply in this case because the game isn't remotely like it was at launch.

The RoA server is dead. Its not coming back-weekends NA time the server is empty. BUT there are more people that want to play a fresh launch server than people currently playing now. Just the resources and gold market out of the game alone will get you more people joining the new server than currently plays on a Friday night.

2. Jujutsu_Kaisen

Contributor

That's bullshit. Name something specific, or stop copying and pasting from any game of any year. You can't even enjoy half the changes BPG put in because they don't effect old players- case in point:rares, I had a zillion prior to them being changed.

Edit- if you went down the list of changes, more than half probably don't even effect the remaining player base.

3. Durban Poison

Durban Poison New Member
    Hero

Ok how about the tons of combat bugs like whirlwind bug, or come hither still being broken, or confusion being broken for months now. How about how easy it is to exploit the market and dupe, or how about how easy it is to bug out mobs and champions to be able to do them with very few people in a little amount of time and make huge amounts of gold, or how about how villages are helping destroy the economy and inflating gold. Bro maybe play the game before you come in here spittin like you know whats up. I've been here since launch your ass just joined in November. There's actually a lot more than that but I'm not tryin to sit here all day typing a book.

HaldirHardy likes this.
  4. Porch

Porch Crypt Guard
    Loyal

Things to do before the wipe.

1. Remove gold from villages
    2. Remove portal shards and runestones from vendor.
    3. Remove all wilderness portals and replace it with something close to what uw had. 1 portal per island and 2-3 on the mainland.
    4. Add race wars. Remove the ability of different races from joining the same clan or the ability to ally eachother.
    5. Make alignment meaningful.
    5. Remove billboards.
    6. Remove clan portal chambers ( this prevents the current df meta of the the top 2 or 3 clans taking all the best holdings all across the world)
    7. Increase the grind significantly
    8. Have seasons that last a year long until another wipe will accure at which point yoy can wow us with the new development .
    8. Devise some forumla to announce a winning clan. Give this clan any holding of their choice upon the begining of the second season.
    9. Host two tournaments, One about 3-4 months in and the other towards the end of the season. Give the winners special skins.

After this you get a whole year to come up with and implement the new things for season 2. Maybe the big multi teared dungeon that ibis was dreaming up.

Please please please

#4 Porch, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Mahirim Godking and HaldirHardy like this.
  5. Jujutsu_Kaisen

Contributor

Lol I played beta, 6 months launch and bailed. Came back almost 4 years later and they are still changing shit on the fly to the day. Not my fault you played this trash the entire time like a moron.
    I said legit, not a wishlist of stuff they will never do.

6. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

ehh some of the economy issues have been fixed like mob scaling and market dupe.....

7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

There is a big legit reason not to wipe / relaunch the game and its pretty simple, it would be 100% pointless, within a few months the game would be in the exact same state it is in now, apart from you would have people that are pissed off that their banks have been wiped despite the devs saying there would never be a wipe.

The long term progression and economy suck, there isn't really anything end game worth fighting over and the combat felt smoother back in RoA launch (once the server lag was gone) and there needs to be more content.

All of these things need to be fixed b4 there would be any point in wiping the server and starting fresh.

HaldirHardy and Durban Poison like this.
  8. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

can you msg me how it works so i can dupe
    --- Post updated ---
    combat was pretty clunky in beta lololol, also the game needs a grind unless it has seasons

9. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Actually I didn't play beta I was told it was in a good state, but once the server lag was gone the combat near the start of launch felt pretty good. I just presumed beta was the same.

10. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Once all the problems are fixed (which lets face it will never happen, I personally have no idea how to fix them and I doubt any1 here really does), a fresh server with plenty of advertising would be great.

11. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

i would love a wipe but you spammers have made me take their side on it and wish they would just start banning you all

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  12. Jujutsu_Kaisen

Contributor

Again more nonsense from the crowd who helped run this into the ground.

With the current bottle necks on r60/r70+ rare crafting mats nobody would have massive endless banks. I could probably gear that last siege of 100 people myself

13. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Please don't post misinformation on the forum, if you think you know about a bug report it. All known bugs related to the market were fixed years ago.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  14. Jujutsu_Kaisen

Contributor

Still waiting for someone to post a single legit reason why with the current changes we shouldn't have a new server/wipe. Just one

15. Porch

Porch Crypt Guard
    Loyal

Can we have a wipe plz

16. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

At this point you are just trolling or dumb, the game needs a lot of work b4 a wipe would be successful, there is simply nothing to keep the majority of players out in the world long term.

The Red King and HaldirHardy like this.
  17. Jujutsu_Kaisen

Contributor

They have already announced that for the Hong Kong server.

Lol at poll of 16 people and retards are arguing 'but wait! There is more to do before it's perfect' with less people on the weekends playing than my rust server, fucking time is up.

18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Sure the first few months would have higher pop, then it would just go down till it eventually got to the same point it is now, its not about making it perfect its about maintaining a high enough population, which the game is not in a state to do so.

19. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

Game Time Tokens - They can't just wipe them away without refunding the money back to players. They already paid the royalties to AV as per the licensing agreement. If they did wipe and refund the money they would take an major financial hit that could effect the ability to keep the current NA server running. Just use your brain...

Methodico likes this.
  20. Jujutsu_Kaisen

Contributor

I'll bite retard. What does launching a new server and or/wiping the current one where the previously paid monthly subscription would roll over to the new server OR end prior to the wipe have anything to do with anything.....

STILL waiting on a legit reason with the completely changed gear bottle necks and character progression is stopping a wipe or new server start.

Edit- an for the love of God don't even mention somebody who prepaid for the year. There's nothing that guarantees them the same server ffs.

#20 Jujutsu_Kaisen, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021