Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

There is no legit reason NOT to wipe/relaunch a NA server to coincide with HK launch.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jujutsu_Kaisen, Mar 3, 2021.

?

New NA server with Hong Kong launch?

1. Yes

65.1%
  2. No

34.9%
  1. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

I have posted my arguments with sounds reasoning and proven logic, aling with proven data.

I have yet to see any supporting argument against wiping.

All of the opinions are filled with feelings about what's going on, instead of actually LOOKING at the game, as well as its track record or its current state.

I mean, really.

LOOK AT THE GAME.

ITS FUCKING DEAD.

To continue on the same path is NOTHING but by definition insanity.

You think a little change here or there is going to fix it. A little bit of percentage changes. A small rework of villages. Hell, i'll even argue that with LARGE changes the game has UTTERLY FAILED. Because these large changes are half backed or are frameworks for larger ideas which BPG has acknowledged they lack the resources (manpower, really) to forge into their true vision. Or, even WORSE, they're large changes added into a game in PATCH FORMAT instead of EXPANSION FORMAT. This makes them into nothing more than minor meta changes.

So, in the mean time, we can all hold onto our pixels.
    Sit in front of banks. Maybe get zerged at an arena *AHEM* village or two. Sit here and theory craft for another THREE FUCKIN YEARS (bruh).

Or, we can actually return the game to a functioning state.

This game thrives on progression. In fact, it's boring otherwise. Everyone agrees, OTHERWISE WE WOULDNT BE HAVING THIS ARGUMENT.

So,

Return the progression every few months.
    Easy.

P.s. dont get me wrong. Im not here to diss anyone. If i didnt give a fuck about the game or everyone here, i wouldnt be posting. I wouldnt have contributed to the team. I qouldnt have streamed and handed out keys. Etc. ... So take it as you will.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #61 GrimReapiN, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    Porch likes this.
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

It is truly amazing that you guys think a wipe would actually fix anything. For starters it has nothing to do with pixels, I have even agreed that a wipe would be the only way to ever get a good population going. However doing so now would be beyond pointless.

You say the game would have more population for a few months and sure it would, but how short sighted can you be, with the game in its current state it would take about a month for everything to go back to how it is now. Its like all you bad players thing, if I can just start again I can compete with the people I haven't been able to compete with for years, even though I have basically been able to farm uninterrupted for years.
    The bad players would be even more fucked if the good players actually had to go out and farm. Wiping now would basically ruin any trust the devs have, considering they said there would never be a wipe, for a few months of better population.

As far as losing players because of maybe next wipe and saying it will have higher pop by trying to compare it to a game like PoE is beyond retarded. The reason games like PoE has so much success by having seasons is because of the constant content updates, constantly adding new cosmetic micro transactions and keeping standard and hardcore legacy servers, which means the people who want to actually keep their stuff can and the people who want new content can do that, and the people who want both can do that as well.

RoA is in no position to add anywhere near the amount of content that is required to keep a successful seasonal game like PoE going so trying to compare the 2 is insane. If you add all the content that RoA has added it would have been enough for 2 maybe 3 seasons at a push.

If you were to make RoA wipe every 3-4 months, sure the couple wipes might have good pop for a month or 2, but every wipe after that would have lower and lower population because there wouldn't be anywhere near enough content updates to keep people interested in starting fresh every few months.

You also have to consider how season based games work, people have loads of motivation at the start because they want to be on top, but as it gets closer to wipe day people have less and less motivation to play so you aren't going to get people going out a few weeks b4 wipe to do anything. The first month will be popping, the 2nd will be okay and the last month will have basically no1 playing.

I don't know the numbers of people playing PoE from month to month, but after about a month it becomes a lot harder to get any trades and streamer viewers drop loads.

I also play ark mts which is probably the most successful unofficial ark server, which wipes every few months and its basically dead after the first month despite it starting off with probably 1k+ players.

You guys saying there is no legit reason not to wipe have the argument completely backwards. With the current state of the game there is no legit reason to wipe at all, there has been no significant change that would improve the longevity of the game / keep people playing, it would just die faster than RoA did originally and BPG does not have the ability to put out enough content for seasons to be viable.

Mkh and Methodico like this.
  3. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

This version has no hope and it will never have a player base.

The only option is to shut the game down. Revamp the game into a battle royale, death match, siege and ctf version. Launch on steam with a new name. Get players and get rich.

Let it die. The 12 people who want to keep their banks in a game with 20 people need to check into an asylum.

MaxiHori, Sameog, Porch and 2 others like this.
  4. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Goblin Warlord
    Hero

I had two houses
    Brother you're absolutely tripping if you think this game is going anywhere without a wipe.

You can have an okay character in a week with okay gear, there are people who can run infernal bag after infernal bag into lava and not give a fuck.

Yearly wipes, revitalised leader boards ( 6 month split, ranking system, kills, monster kills, harvests - ranked rewards) and you've got yourself a game.

I guarantee I like Darkfall more than you but I don't play it because as it stands it sucks because its not Darkfall.

Darkfall is meant to have players without them its just a weird epeen narcissist simulator.

Give people something to compete for, which will never happen unless you get people to compete against.

(Yes this will only happen from a wipe)

5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I have said at least 3 times now that a wipe is needed for the game to ever have a good population, there is just no reason to do it now, the game needs a lot of work b4 a wipe would lead to any sort of success.

6. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

It's that time of the season where internet shitboi's try to take away your pixels outside of the game instead of in the game where literally the entire game is built around it.

There is not going to be a wipe. We all played for ages to get where we are. And you don't get to take that away from us. Ever.

#TrashyAndWrong 90% of this thread.

Everytime Darkfall died in the past it was after these same fuckboi shitters cried on the forums all day long to drown out reason. Or any fun for that matter, with GAME BAD, GAME DEAD, WIPE NOW missinformation that is ultimately projected to hurt the game.

Darkfalls biggest enemy has always been these fucks. And it still is today. Promote the fucking game. Ban this nonsense and keep up the good work. @Andrew do you need a community manager or someone to verify the authenticity on these forums? Once this crap is solved (probably requires law enforcement intervention), Darkfall will continue on it's golden years without all this fake bait.

Keep up the good work and continue the Darkfall legacy.

7. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Shaman

This post is for you:

Porch likes this.
  8. Porch

Porch Crypt Guard
    Loyal

This is a troll yeah?

9. birdxd

birdxd Goblin Warrior

i wonder what the player statistics are like when there are no sieges. id be VERY shocked if more than 75 people log in outside of a siege.

yet wiping is not an option xD

Mea Kulpa and Porch like this.
  10. blaze810

blaze810 New Member
    Prosperous Wealthy

Revert stat gains and wipe.

Porch likes this.
  11. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

I've been scraping Agon Metrics. Had about 184 active players throughout a couple weeks during the war, 115 active players over this past weekend from March 12th to current data. From what I see for total numbers is 225 unique names.

#71 CreZee, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Conqueror likes this.
  12. birdxd

birdxd Goblin Warrior

lmao

Fengor, Conqueror and Sique like this.
  13. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Shaman

Nice. Now subtract name changes and alts.

LOL, already counted 3 donnador alts.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  14. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

No doubt gents. I'm pro wipe here, so I'm not posting these numbers to defend anything lmao.

15. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Wow what a shock, the guy who is terribad who has nothing and rolls around in leather wants a wipe lol

16. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

It blows my mind how hard you ride my ****. Like jesus bud, get a better hobby.

17. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Earth Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

What about all the people who don’t pvp? How do you scrub their names?

18. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Not just people who don't PvP, people who assisted in the kill but didn't get last shot, and people who got into a fight but neither party died because someone got away.

19. Porch

Porch Crypt Guard
    Loyal

Yeah who can for get about those 10s of players. Game is popping

W I P E

CreZee likes this.
  20. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

Actually, every iteration of Darkfall has died when the progression was taken away.

In DF1.0, the first grind nerf was a welcome change, but it was after MERCS had already grinded most magics to 100. So, it was really just MERCS who left with a sad face.

Then they finally did "weekend 4x XP" and most of the player base began to disappear. Then they finally permanently nerfed grind, and you could max a character in about a month or two. It alao didn't help that they did nearly the same thing BPG has done... carrot on the stick. The only thing missing is RoA 2.0, but not really, BPG is definitely working on the game... it's just slow and I digress..

Same for UW, they did multiple point boosts, quests for points, changes to how points were used. But once everyone hit max, the game began to sink. Again.

Now we're sitting here in RoA, where again, the grind has been not only nerfed into non existence, but supplementary grind reductions were added in the form of scrolls and meditation.

I have no clue why, but my guess is that the forums cried for quicker leveling because they couldnt play arenafall quick enough. To add insult to injury, MULTIPLE TIME the gear grind has been nerfed through loot table changes and village rewards.

Also, no, i haven't read any example or proofs as to why wiping is a bad thing. Again, there is a difference between stating an opinion, and stating what is factually true (as apposed to inferencing, which can evolve into an opinion, and here it usually does).

In the end, whether it wipes or not won't be decided by us. Idk why i've stuck my nose out, again. Im retarded. Its what you get for arguing on the internet

#80 GrimReapiN, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    CreZee and Fengor like this.