Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

There is no reason RoA and DnD cannot co-exist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uzik, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Hagz

Hagz Dire Zombie
    Hero

I do not care much for what DnD has to offer, but I wish their team the best.

I am more interested in ROA.

2. Brat

Brat Akathar
    Hero

I hope BigJoke will play. If not I will miss his free loot.
    Both companies should do their best. Its the last chance for Darkfall.
    RoA got my interest. DnD might do it good,but I doubt.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Suncross

Suncross Ghost

Just to reel the topic back in: I think that number 1 and 2 are still true. Your argument is faulty. People made alts for exactly what you said. They were also made to support the main character, and the clans. Sometimes alta were just buff-bots. Sometimes they were gathering boosters. No one ia going to have enough time to play both games bro. If they do, then their character progression, as well as their in game presence will be negligible.

4. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

While they can co-exist, it sure would be better for the population if there was only one...

5. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

youd have to be crazy to think that 2 versions of the same game can stay running

6. Rykus

Rykus Goblin Warlord

Depends on how you define 'better'...

Everyone has their own idea of what made DFO great, and what would make it better, or worse. DFO in it's most mature form never seemed (to me) like anything more than a really great foundation for an awesome game. Like it was a solid Alpha that maybe reached beta by the end, but definitely not a v1.0. All just waiting for a solid team of developers with a genuine passion to replace the beta placeholder systems/GUI/spawn/etc with real content for a full gold release.

Now that can happen. Twice.

Both games have a common core, but will draw very different crowds. One will attract a more PvP-centric or 'purist' crowd, where the other is aiming for a different audience who want a less PvP-centric sandbox, including features/systems that a lot here would consider care-bear. I guess we'll see how things go, but there's no doubt that there will be more players in total playing DFO with two fairly different versions of the game online, than just one..

If 'better' means that we have a choice, and get to play a version of DFO that's more aligned with our own personal vision of the perfect game, then I'll take it. If both companies execute their vision well, and listen to their customer base, there's plenty of room for both games to be successful.

7. Rosco

Rosco Undead Dwarf

Let's face it, the community will be split for awhile.. Both Titles offer a different Darkfall experience. I can see ROA attracting more DF vets who loved early Darkfall, and DND being more friendly to new players who haven't experienced Darkfall before... The big test will be months after release.. If one server population starts to falter, people will probably go to the more populated server... Darkfall needs a steady population, or people never login....

8. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Well I think having only one version of the game that manage to give "carebears" things to do while not dumbing down the game for the pvp crowd would be better. I'm not so sure that New Dawn is really gonna be that carebear anyway, I mean, I'm against adding stuff like local banking, but if anything, it makes the game even more hardcore. Anyway, what is done is done, there are 2 versions of the game so we have to live with it. I prefer RoA's vision of Darkfall, so I'll most likely end up playing here, but I still think that splitting the population isn't the greatest idea. Now, it's gonna be a challenge for both companies to try and get more players interested in their game, and not only the old ones. If both games want to be viable, they need good marketing, and to add a lot of sand in the box, and regularly, in order to keep and grow the communities.

9. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

So... on the off chance we get over 10,000 players during prime time on either server...

what happens then? Or do we know what the player-cap will end up being? Because uh... if we stuff 100k players into agon... it's going to be a pretty small Agon.

This is being fairly optimistic of course, but just a legitimate concern of mine if Darkfall manages to become a large enough success to become overcrowded.

In any case, I'm glad we got two servers going because i'm still a firm believer AV drove away 80% of the population on their very own.

10. Rosco

Rosco Undead Dwarf

I wish I had your faith.... AV killed my faith in a growing high population server for Darkfall... A man can dream though, I hope your right..

11. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Don't get me wrong though, I never played the game in it's prime when floods of players were common. And i'm perfectly happy to play even if it's the same dwindling crowd because honestly the game is just that damn fun.

Although I am pretty hyped to see the next great world war and to get to be apart of it.

Being optimistic is all I got going for me, but it's certainly not a far cry for what I see in the BPG team.

12. Uzik

Uzik Ghost
    Affluent Legend

Most games have tons of different servers, many times with different rulesets. This wouldn't be that different.

13. Lord Lorde

Lord Lorde Goblin Warrior

I will play both and decide afterwards

14. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

You mean Master Ping Cho will be back to enlighten us with his essential philosophy? I will follow this Taoist master in whichever server he will lead us simple souls, all eager for a higher teaching...although his posts are a bit confusing....

Regards
    HG

HaldirHardy likes this.
  15. Rykus

Rykus Goblin Warlord

And player-run servers.. UO is freaking NINETEEN YEARS OLD, and has thousands of players in the production game, plus some very active player shards that have a far more active population than any version of DF ever has.

This BS about 'not enough room for 2' is just ridiculous...

Uzik likes this.
  16. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

There is a 4th as well, games like this need to succeed for the future of gaming in general. The games that come out now days are just absolute crap, and this could be a win for the genre.

17. HaldirHardy

HaldirHardy Gravelord
    Tester

Don´t worry Brat, BigJoke will be here when the time is right, he and is disciples are in Black Desert Online for the time being and i am keeping him informed about both games so he mostly likely will be back, after all we all know how BigJoke loves darkfall.

Master Ping Cho will be here, just a matter of time. Once either RoA or DnD comes he and is essential philosophy of freeing Agon will start once again.