Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

These Public Sieges = Best clans taking holdings from smaller clans

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Infection, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Infection

Infection Goblin Scout

First off, I'm glad these "midnight" boys are taking fights and so on. But it has gotten to a point where all the top clans are on the attacking side and it is coming to the point where city and hamlets are be taken without a "good" fight. Defenders are now getting rolled. Last week "Midnight" boys sieged gentlemen and now this week they are helping the midnight crew take a hamlet along with dune rats and other clans. Soon all "small" clans will be wiped out of their holdings cuz midnight guys want to do these public sieges with the carry of "top" clans. GG yall formed a huge zerg noone can stop.

Towel, SashaG and Myater like this.
  2. SeQueL

SeQueL Goblin Warlord
    Legend

fuck midnight nation

3. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Seriously?

These public sieges anyone can attend for EITHER side. Therefore if you are disliking Gentlemen/Midnight nation just go to the defenders and ask for ally so you can defend them. There's nothing stopping you from doing so or anyone from doing so.

Dune Rats wiped the attackers, they were on neither side as they were just looking to fight.

The whole idea is the target is known far ahead of time, so the server can show up for EITHER side.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Hawkeye Helrazor, koruun and Grimtide like this.
  4. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I like midnight nation. Creates a lot of activity.

5. Dread Not

Dread Not Goblin Warrior

Dune rats wiped gentle nation. If you lost that after we wiped them while they were camping the clan stones you deserved to lose

Hawkeye Helrazor and Grimtide like this.
  6. Ylahoto

Ylahoto Skeleton Archer
    Hero

While I'm generally against the public sieges ever since they started, as it felt like Midnight Nation snowballing against smaller targets, did Last Call really deserve Elish? A top tier hamlet being held by such a small clan (only a small handful of defenders showed up) isn't going to last. I wouldn't have even showed up if we were sieging a small clan out of Zaghuroth, Hammerdale, Sandstone, Issar Ruins, or something of the sort. However, if you can't defend Elish you don't really get too many pity points from me.

7. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

The thing is they aren't sieging cities, they are sieging hamlets, which are easier on resources and logistics to siege (plus costs involved with wager, siege stones, etc.)

So smaller scale targets are much easier for frequent sieges such as this.

They are going to eventually slam into a defender who is organized and has allies to stand fast, or like in the first public siege, to defeat them quickly.

Ylahoto likes this.
  8. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

I think the public sieges are bad. They may be fun for a handful of players but it'll kill the clans that are on the losing end because it's lame that their holding had a dart thrown at it and got server blobbed to shit. One thing our community is really good at is shitting on itself and killing the game lol.

Nugsbunny, Degamra, Lucan and 19 others like this.
  9. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Isn't this what happened previously when all sieges were globally announced? The entire server would show up and pick a side.

It comes down to politics, if you know you're a target, talk to people. If you own a holding you should have enough people you can call on to defend it hopefully.

10. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

The only time the public sieges end up being complete garbage is when the sieger hires all the mercs.
    We got wiped by Dune Rats on the Siege stone because they were an actual force against us in place of Last Call. (basically they figured nobody was giving us a direct fight so they may as well bring the bang)

koruun likes this.
  11. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

People would scroach or get hired. Not many helped for free. Now adays people just want PvP and don't really care for getting paid so more people show up than they use to. Either way when these clans who keep helping the attackers kill off all the clans they keep taking their holdings from and turning it into a playground they'll realize they hurt the game in the long run and potentially will kill it before it even gets anywhere.

Nugsbunny, Slayven and Ylahoto like this.
  12. koruun

koruun Akathar

The Dune Rat scroaching group almost wiped our entire group after some back and forth pushes, and our dead were promptly killed by (Blackwater?) in Hintenfau. We are by no means unstoppable, if Dune Rats would have allied up the defenders it would have been over for us, and that's just one example.

13. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Idk my personal opinion. I feel public sieges and randomly turning a clans holding into a playground for the server to shit on is stupid and will get players to quit.

14. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

My post from other thread:

Navlaan and Clarence Swamptown like this.
  15. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Some people don't like hiring or just don't know the right people. You can say that's their fault but the end result doesn't change that they will play less and sooner or later quit. It's one thing to lose your holding because an alliance outplayed you and outfought you for it. It's another thing when it has a dart thrown at it to turn your holding into a public siege where everyone just shows up and fucks their shit up. Nothing to do with unstoppable or not for me. Just annoying.

Our Mamengruk siege was basically turned into this and the fighting was lame. The only fun part was killing the stone and laughing about it. The fight had bad fps for a lot of people, the server was taking a poop, and we felt that there was no reason for that siege to turn into a shitfest like that when they sieged us before and we have back and forth fights so it's not like they were getting steam rolled.

16. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

They had a whole week, and if anyone felt they were in jeopardy the pm's would have been sent out to the guild's SG.
    The moment we were made a server siege event I started plugging away info to know exactly what was going to happen.

strangereligion and koruun like this.
  17. koruun

koruun Akathar

My response was geared towards the OP, but I do see your point and agree. I would say that Vellenyth (where we defended against Midnight Nation) was the best public siege in terms of numbers, scroachers, and fun.

Ylahoto and Myater like this.
  18. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

19. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

My clan tried friendly scroaching for Last Call and there was a disgusting amount of nutcupping on Midnight Nations end. Pathetic. Might as well kiss your holding goodbye if they siege you.

Marxman, Towel and Myater like this.
  20. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

I understand. Just stating what the smaller clans feel like when this stuff happens haha. In original DFO people would quit over losing and losing this way just makes it worse.

koruun likes this.