Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Things RoA could learn from DND

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uzik, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

Im not saying old games cant retain somewhat of a population. People use the fact that DFO died to justify any argument about game design. In my opinion, population is very complex and has alot to do with both the game itself and the gaming market. You dont really know why it died, so why use it as evidence in your arguments?

Johhny Mad Dog likes this.
  2. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

A game that is very well designed will have a good population. A good that is not, will not....

Pretty straight forward argument.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

"If DF1 had perfect combat it wouldn't have died."

"You need to realize that probably only about 5-10% of the total DF population loved the original combat system enough to stick with the game"

These are the types of baseless arguments i'm talking about.

Shyne, Fengor and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  4. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

I liked what dnd did with specializations.

You could choose a school or two to get a slight buff in damage, duration, and casting time
    The rest of the schools would get a slight nerf.

That part is good, imo. You could choose to go earth and fire, for example, and you would only ever cast those spells, and use the other schools simply as utility

Having each school have two spells that could only be accessed if you chose that school as a specialization was also nice, in that not everyone could spam eye rot, wof, Come hither, confusion, magma.

I felt the slight buff/nerf of specializations allowed for people to have a choice on how they played without closing everything else off.

Hope thats what the perk system looks like here.

And load lag is not a problem, performance is. DnDs performance as exhibited in the gardaroc dungeon was impressive.

5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea DND had the right idea, but the balance over theere is straight up atrocious.

It's almost pointless to cast anything other than a bolt, elemental magic is dogshit, and the strongest spell in the game is eldritch sphere, lol (shit's literally broken, permanently juggle someone, and no arcane protection).

6. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

DnD has a TON of players who dont really care about pvp or combat in general who play that game.

THAT, is something maybe BPG should look into.

this may come as a surprise to some of you, but not everyone wants to do competetive combat 100% of their time in game (or grind for gear to do competetive combat)

yes DO add a leaderboard with factions so people who DO want to just pvp have something to strive for (my personal opinion is this SHOULD have been in before race wars came out) Hell add an actual arena for all i care , worse case is it keeps the try hards from griefing so much because they need those bragging rights to stroke their egos.

also i know you dont want to "limit" your players choices but arac clans and negative alignment SHOULD have been PUNISHED. This was fundamental and any alignment changes should have been done before launch when you made everyone blue/red not race.

local banking drives me effin nuts but if you could implement it so that you can only recall/bank in areas where your RACIAL ALLIANCE or CLAN held dominion then there wouldnt have been so much griefing of newer players due to race war, since they couldnt just recall to the chaos bank south of bel melek or near zhanal dungeon and just kill people and recall away. They would have to travel into the area, get the loot, and leave with it. Too hardcore for you tough guys? this adds white knights that will group up and try to chase and kill those reds before they can get out to bank the shit.

No one here cares about this kind of shit anymore. Im telling you straight up you are losing TONS OF WOULD BE PLAYERS because of stuff like this. Any player who plays new dawn wether or not they have even tried RoA i get the same answer when i talk about RoA.

"they made it an arena game, not an mmorpg"

every one says that its not just one or two it literally comes up in every conversation i have with people about RoA because i STILL believe and try to sway people over to try it.

NonFactor likes this.
  7. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Dnd pop is down to about 40% or less since launch week. They aren’t doing so hot.

I did like a few things but over all roa has much more to offer. Roa just needs to polish things and maybe makes seasons for soft relaunches periodically.

8. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Our focus takes time to get to everything because there's a lot to do but we are moving in a direction with more content for non pvp minded people. The main continent will become a haven for these people.

9. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

I am sorry but the fact that this game has an alliance feature is a game killer. you guys should have made it clan versus clan no alliance.
    also small hamlets should only be allowed by 8-10 man clans and citys for bigger clans. also big clans should have a cap per person and limited to 2 holdings. should be all out hard core clan vs clan not the politics that stale the game and nut cupping. that way all is RED if not in your clan.
    go inactive and you city falls and champions move in or something like that. you guys are making the game to complicated and also it feels like I have the RCON tool.
    you all could make it work that way you can have 2 types of siege's in game small clan warfare for hamlets and the rest for the big city's
    if 2 clans war each other they go orange and if another clan trys to interfere you are killed by orange color instantly.
    outside of that its free for all everyone is red to except your clan. you leave a clan and join another you have a 7 day siege penalty.
    make it grindy and hard core please. if your a vet you can have renown and buff or something to help lower or new people.

Bartlebe likes this.
  10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I wish you didn't eat a giant bag of mushrooms before forumfalling man.

11. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

Actually your toxic BS killed your clan and they left your ass since most were in other clan com's 99% of the time. The alliance absorbed most.

And since there is pvp literally everywhere, I'm kinda wondering wtf your talking about.

RoA and ND are two totally different games at this point, the fact that you salty cunts can't stop from posting bullshit all the time just shows you how good ND is doing. And I'm playing both.

12. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Ya your delusional

Sero likes this.
  13. LegionXIX

LegionXIX Dire Zombie

LOL actually most of us are still in his clan we just don't play this game anymore. Your comment is based on no actual Facts what so ever. I would suggest you do some research before posting BS you sound like a moron.

Fengor likes this.
  14. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Dnd is such trash it's baffling people even mention it on here.

It's uw that was like rock paper scissors and they need to remake it with all dfo skills and specializations/lack-of that exist in roa today.

15. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin

Still some potential for discussion here but please keep down on personal attacks and remember to not forumfall while under the influence of rage:)

16. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

This is cute as hell.

How'd you come to that conclusion, because you saw one had local banking and limited your abilities?

(HINT: THEY ARE STILL VERY MUCH THE SAME GAME NOOBLET, IN MORE WAYS THAN NOT. A LOT MORE WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE BEFORE YOU CAN CLAIM OTHERWISE.)

17. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin

It's very subjective hence why there's a different point where each player will see the two as vastly different. No matter the changes some will always see the two the same given we used the same base though.

18. HeHateU

HeHateU Goblin Warlord
    Legend

well parks I am just stating the facts. I see 2 alliances on the game. The clan alliance feature has never been looked at or restructured.
    I played and was always told don't attack them or leave them alone I talked to the SG ect....
    So how the hell is new players gonna come in and start small and grow a clan? they will be told the price of what you can have or zerged
    out of the game with a foul taste in their mouth. if you don't protect your city or hamlet and your bindstone gets defeated everyday for 4 days the attackers should be awarded that city or hamlet. why should people in an alliance decide with gold or politics?
    Aint nobody got time for that!!

19. Grisvok

Grisvok Skeleton Archer

This just isn’t true. There’s probably a dozen or more holdings on the map that have zero value that someone would give a new clan for free. And if I was starting a new clan I’d rather live out of an npc city which will be much more convenient with runebooks and markets.

20. Vhyle

Vhyle Goblin Warlord

I would love specialization .. or at least some incentive not to have to use 500000000 spells and find a way to bind them efficiently to my kb.