Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Thinking about a return

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Truedon, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Welcome back! Agon is alive and well, and evermore dangerous!!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

pinging from las vegas nv, but cox is half tard and re-routes me to la then to east coast, which makes absolutely no sense.

usually i use smooth ping or battle ping for game servers that are on the east coast, but havent been playing so i dont want to purchase it until launch, hopefully that does stable out the ping.

Ramon Wolfs and Mc Nasty like this.
  3. Ramon Wolfs

Ramon Wolfs Forum Administrator

Yeah that pretty much confirms what I was saying, bad inland routing. Very unfortunate. What I can guarantee you is that the people on our team who are responsible for our servers and communication with our host, are doing everything they can to improve routing to/from our server. As of late, due to some changes, the server has been a lot smoother for a lot of people. Very interested in what you find out, when you start playing again. Having said that, I doubt it caused your provider to suddenly take a better route to our server.

Circa likes this.
  4. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

thanks bud I'll talk with my isp and see what's up. I'll keep you posted.

5. Mimitis TheOne

Mimitis TheOne Undead Dwarf

Yow treudon :) ping from here in the Netherlands is around a 110.

Truedon likes this.
  6. Truedon

Truedon Spellgazer

Bentall Centre free wifi is the only reason my legendary status is where it is today, without it i would not be around, think yourself lucky you got to play with one of the greats mega.

On some real shit link a bruddah up i miss talking to you mega, the fights we had back in the day taking on swarms of dogs.....just the two of us <3

Mega likes this.
  7. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

@Neilk
    It's pretty sad that I am on the west coast NA and I have a 110+ ping compared to your 90. This a show stopper for me. You guys need to come up with a better server location plan. In DFO I had 80-90 ping and that still was slow compared to some parts of the country. Competitive full loot PvP against east coast people with 50 ping will get old really quick. Not going through that again. Ping would not be an issue if it was NOT full loot. Well we'd still bitch but... Like I said his a show stopper for me.

8. Ramon Wolfs

Ramon Wolfs Forum Administrator

I replied to it a few posts back sir. It has to do with really bad in land routing in the USA basically. As I said, our team is doing everything they can to improve routing to and from our server. I would sincerely recommend to run a few tracerts and see which hop's cause problems send them to us through a support ticket and contact the host or the ISP as well, the more phone calls and emails the better. If, like Circa, you are routing through LA from Las Vegas before going to NY, its definitely a good idea to pick up the phone and get in contact with your ISP. Alternatively you can try a VPN service.

Fengor and Circa like this.
  9. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

i would like to note that i was pinging 110-120 on av dfuw n/a server to chicago, but when i use battle ping 65 and go as low as 50.. hopefully i get lucky

10. Graveblade

Graveblade New Member

Can confirm, I get about 90 ping from southwest UK.

11. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The best way to look at it is not in geographical distance but networking distance. As Ramon said the routing you take can sometimes ping pong you in the wrong direction causing you to "take the scenic route" to the destination.

Please keep sending us your traces if you aren't getting the ping you should be, the more data we have(include your ISP and city, it is very helpful!) the better we can combat the bad routes.

We have a contract with our current host(Internap) and overall they've been pretty solid with a good data centre. However if closer to launch and/or after launch we're having routing issues with NA players we may shop around to test the waters with another host. We'll be in the same area though nearby NY City. We're committed to having a central location to ensure both NA/EU players can reasonably play.

Switching providers/data centres is often times opening up a new can of networking worms. It's not something we're going to jump to do unless necessary.

Mo Fugga and Ramon Wolfs like this.
  12. NutKR

NutKR Goblin Scout

If you make a clan keep a free space for me bro!ex simiran -immortal here

13. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

@Ramon Wolfs

my ping updates

battleping = 77-81

without battle ping = 110-130

huge difference.

if anyone is going to try it, do not buy it, use the trial first, these don't work for everyone.

Fengor and Ramon Wolfs like this.
  14. Truedon

Truedon Spellgazer

:O my brudda who is this

15. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

Them days are long dead. I'm not really going to play till release on either version. Will just log on from time to time out of boredom, but I'm not grinding char or gear till release.

#35 Mega, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  16. NutKR

NutKR Goblin Scout

the destroyer dfo!kur wa in immortals(uw) xD

17. Good Friday

Good Friday Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

if you have a request time out on a trace, is that a bad hop? my pings pretty good not complaining just curious

18. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

A time out on a trace route means it could have been any of the previous hops prior to the timeout that could be at fault. Essentially you want to keep running them till you find the server that is the suspect or run pings to each of the servers at and before the timeout. Run long pings using "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -n 500" as a decent starting point, to find packet loss you need a long time testing it. You are looking at 1-2 seconds per ping usually so it'll run for a good 10 min.

Good Friday likes this.
  19. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Legend

Just use "ping address -t" to run a continuous ping.

Good Friday likes this.
  20. Truedon

Truedon Spellgazer

ait man just give me a shout when u start playing on here cus il join ya bro <3
    :OOOO my MALAAAAAAAAKIIIII on launch ding me bruddah we gunna fuck some shit up