Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Thinking of coming back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JuliusKhaldun, Mar 17, 2019.

1. JuliusKhaldun

JuliusKhaldun Goblin Scout
    Legend

Who here is really oldschool, like back when we had to fight to get an account for EU at launch? If I see enough of those not so friendly faces, I might come back to DF. I kinda miss it :/

2. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Patron Legend

I remember calling my wife from work when they started releasing copies and getting her to try and grab me one. They only sold like a few hundred a day at that point. I feel like a knew Khaldun.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    JuliusKhaldun likes this.
  3. JuliusKhaldun

Legend

Anyway, it was like day 3 after EU launch that I failed for 2 days trying to buy on my phone at work, so I went home early on day 3 to try from my Pc and GOT IT!! haha. Good times. Anyway, I backed this for like 100 bucks back 3 years ago and only logged on a few times in beta or alpha. I don't know if I have to time I used to have to play, but I have been thinking about trying anyway. The baby prophet Khaldun isn't my only child anymore, they are little time suckers lol.

--- Post updated ---
    Absolution! I just messaged WildWood on facebook to confirm lol.

Bartlebe likes this.
  4. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I pressed F5 for about 2-3 hours

Blaze, Fengor and JuliusKhaldun like this.
  5. JuliusKhaldun

Legend

Yeah man HAHAHA It was brutal. Forumfall was only second to trying to get a launch account on a brutality scale.

6. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Loyal Hero

Worth coming back. Bringing any other insidious with you?

The game is one of a kind. Definitely worth checking out again

7. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

I missed the EU launch myself I joined in NA right after it launched. Crazy the videos of the insane numbers at sieges heh.

-Kimoshu Grakenshalmn
    GA welding Alfar

KingLlama and JuliusKhaldun like this.
  8. Snow

Snow Goblin Warlord

Definitely worth coming back. All old school players are here.

9. JuliusKhaldun

Legend

I actually remember your name haha. I don't have the time I used to anyway, so I'll be fairly casual. Might link back up with SB again or maybe if enough core Insidious come back, I'll play with them.
    --- Post updated ---
    Wow, you even actually recognize I was an Insidious guy :) I'm working on several, Kikker Khaldun, Ronin Khaldun, Dovon and several others. Some old Axiom folks that merged with us are playing already.

10. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Hi friend been awhile! Games alright, you can get pvp whenever but you have to know the hotspots. Combat is eh atm as they messed it up but it's ok. If you decide to come back and need anything hit me up I have enough stuff to last forever

11. JuliusKhaldun

Legend

Wow, you even actually recognize I was an Insidious guy :) I'm working on several, Kikker Khaldun, Ronin Khaldun, Dovon and several others. Some old Axi
    Thanks buddy, been a long time! I think since Rust days. Appreciate the offer, I may hit you up. I created a character but probably won't really play until next weekend.

Myater likes this.
  12. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

My credit card refused to buy a copy of Darkfall from AV and I had to make a phone call and reassure them it was not stolen.
    I've never had that happen to me ever, before or after. I don't use my EU name anymore that was my slave name.

I wouldn't bother coming back if your not really interested, you'll just end up bank staring or bitch about some problems.
    Game no longer really has a progression system and keeping people interested in playing is no ones responsibility but your own.

If your thinking of coming back your going to have to put on some training wheels for about 2 weeks because this version of Darkfall is much more advanced. There is literally not a single aspect of the original Darkfall that has not been untouched and this fact alone will repel or excite you based on your personality.

If you think the 1967 movie The Producers was hilarious then try the game out again, but if your younger and have no idea what that is about just go to a bar get drunk and tell your story to a complete stranger. Make sure you offer to buy them a drink but try not to wink or anything weird.

13. Phorr

Phorr Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Unfortunately couldn't get an account at launch, I finally started playing much later during NA. I do remember the Baby Prophet story though :)

14. JuliusKhaldun

Legend

The baby Prophet is now an 8 year old that just got home from school begging me for food.