Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This issue (myth) needs resolving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PENETRATOR, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

if you are signus you managed to tone down the retard by a good 1000% I feat I think impossible for the real signus...

your ok by me, on this forum ;)

kasmos... dunno, that sudden change of heart after he realised UW was going nowhere... like, complete 180, I don't buy it at all. the guys unstable, unreliable and im shocked he's been given a role of any kind. df has created more than its fair share of crazy fanboi's

I'd of hoped this project would be screening for them lol

2. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Andrew did a good job screening out people (except for me, I flew under the radar)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

we're all crazy to be here doing this lol the game shutdown years ago ffs! :p

thing is, this place needs the right kind of crazy (like when finding a woman..) you have to get the crazy you can deal with on a day to day basis

as a rule, anyone needing to mask their known identity should be a write off.

4. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Pretty much how I feel. Hell I have my DF names in my signature as I am not hiding it haha!

5. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Kasmos (Michael) has been an amazing marketing asset here leading the marketing team strategy. He was involved with DFUW to try to steer the ship to make the game better to bring back some of the magic of DFO. Over the years I found some of his opinions on the original game to mirror my own. There's no possible way to agree with everything he's ever said because he's been an extremely vocal and dedicated community member for far too long.

Michael's doing great with our marketing initiatives and it will continue to be his focus as we continue moving forward. At the end of the day major design and direction final decisions will be made by myself. Our game design committee is designed to represent all facets of the diverse community of Darkfall to make sure the implementation of features is in line with community input and feedback.

I hope that answers your concerns. Michael has been an invaluable asset for many months on our team and when we get launched you will all probably be thanking him :).

6. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

youre getting much better at this

7. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Since it's important to address this, I've always said that Darkfall Online did most things better than Unholy Wars (combat being #1). My biggest complaints during the Darkfall Onlne years (a game that I started following in 2003 and one I've had an active subscription to since February, 2009) was the character gap between new and veteran players, AFK macroing and exploiting mobs and lack of specializations to cater to non-PvP focused players. Much of what people like yourself have been advocating on these boards are the very things I used to advocate for when Darkfall Online was alive, although back then I was chastised for believing what I did (ironically enough).

People seem to think that because I didn't join the bandwagon of trash talking Unholy Wars that I agreed with Aventurine's decision to do what they did. The bottom line is that I expected "DF Arena" to be an expansion of new sandbox content and prestige classes for Darkfall Online, like they had promoted it to be for so long, and never asked for what they released. However, I have no problems admitting that while many of you gave up completely on the game (and for obvious reason) I never did. If you want to hold that against me that's your prerogative, but Darkfall has been my favorite MMO franchise since I first stepped in game on EU-1 launch day one, and whatever you or anyone else wants to accuse me of won't change that.

The good news is that the team at Big Picture Games is very diverse and encompasses many aspects of the original Darkfall community. I wouldn't be investing so much of my free time towards this project if I didn't believe in it's vision and development goals. Although there will always be disagreements on how some things are handled, most of you seem to hold very similar beliefs to my own from what I've read here on this forum. I want a complex and dynamic sandbox game with Darkfall Online's combat, isn't that what we all were expecting with DF Arena to begin with?

8. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Fair enough, I honestly don't even remember the exact points we disagreed on. I feel like one of them was the feat and prowess system. But anyways, glad to have you on the team considering how passionate you clearly are about the project and ensuring that it reaches the state that we were all waiting for.

9. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

Yes.

I just think many of us remember vehemently disagreeing with you on a number of things in UW. That being said, I don't hate you or even dislike you.

10. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Dont worry guys third time is the charm!

11. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

Kasmos, when DFUW came out and people got angry at AV for shutting down the best game ever to create piece of shit UW, you are saying we were getting on bandwagon to trash talk UW? That game needed to be shut down immediately.

This is the problem, you didn’t see it as a fail long term as we all “bandwagoners” did. You have no logic, dude. That is how you have been the entire lifespan of all Darkfalls. A man that wants good but has wrong reasoning for everything.

You were continuing provoking AV not to listen to “bandwagoners” and we now have what we have. Possibly because of your doings.

I see a problem with you being on the team. I am not giving up on this project because you are with us though, but I am worried. I just hope nobody takes you seriously on the design team.

I mean seriously dude, you were fucking on Darkfall for years. I am done with you and yes I am holding this against you as I should.

PLEASE DO NOT FUCK THIS DARKFALL

12. Riftmaster

Riftmaster Deadeye

UW was not entirely a piece of shit.

However, I think it had lots of areas where carrying over systems or ideas from DF would have been better than trying to put in something new.

New is not always better.

At the same time, some of the stuff could have stayed without completely alienating a good portion of their players...

Maybe I didn't get the entire experience though...
    I mean, I started playing UW and mainly harvested semi-afk in towns while watching movies, with the occasional sally out to the edge of the safe zone (but not outside it, never that /cower) for some monster killing.

After a bit I started making longer trips with a RL friend, but in the main I just wasn't too interested.

I mean, I kinda liked the role system at first. Perhaps because I never had all the skills in DF and figured this would balance the playerbase experience a bit, between hardcore and casual.
    But the circle hotbar thing was just shitty til you got used to it. Still a bit shitty after you got used to it actually...

13. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

There we too many issues from the start where it is impossible to fix. I mean, those guys got everything wrong. From combat to economy to skill ceiling to cash shop to alignment to chaos cities to portals everywhere to classes to skill leveling system to inventory system. I mean I can go on and on and on. If you have 95% fundamental things wrong in the game compared to previous one, it would be smart to revert, don't you think?

Those things are why this is happening. This is it man, UW is going to die and DFO successors are going to thrive

14. Riftmaster

Riftmaster Deadeye

For the sake of this project, hopefully so.

But for it to thrive over time, eventually it will require a graphics update. And thus probably a direct X update to something beyond directX 9 (I think DFO used that?).

That would likely require massive portions of the game engine to be re-written, or even the use of an entirely different engine.

I mean...for some the graphics won't matter. But to attract new players over the next few years it might be necessary.

Maybe I'm way off base though, I'm guessing, in the main.

And I think the main reason UW was so crappy at start is due to how many unfounded statements were made about it - expectations were way higher than reality.

Although they did fuck some stuff up.

But I think they could have even made the roles system work if they hadn't fucked up nearly everything else.

15. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

some people have terrible memories or just didn't care enough about UW to follow the forum
    rofl

just another with no clue about what made dfo great. looking forward to being out spammed by one of forumfall's most toxic players and yet again being accused of wanting DF to be an arena.

can we please get some finer details on the proposed pvp spec's Andrew wants to add? really want to know if im wasting my time here and cannot take the disappointment again.

16. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

The specs that will be eventually added will be along the lines of destroyer etc. Nothing will be going into the game without the input of the community so don't worry. We also have some of the most hardcore pvp'ers on the design team Skreww, Umberto etc. so that should calm your worries

Also Kasmos is on the marketing team not the design team if that needs to be said again.

17. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

don't forget we're talking about the guy who pushed for the champion buff(alpha class), was backing the cash shop with 110% effort and a big promoter of classfall, amoung other things...

is it such a good idea to have community members such as kasmos on a project this fragile? when you need player support :S he's not using the same name here for a good reason.

18. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

I am totally on the design team and I say DESTROYER GETS NERFED INTO THE GROUND! IT SHOULD BE LIKE PVPING WITH A FOAM SWORD!

(j/k)

19. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

im not happy about this either.. the dude literily bashed out of df1 vets with his posting on forumfall.

and now he is on this project?

makes me wonder

20. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

do we really think a marketing manager will have no sway in design decisions? he's responsible for making the game look appealing to outsiders... the group he's used as evidence for every shit suggestion/addition of UW

his 'community input' drowns out everyone, spouting the same crap over and over

worst is the damage is already done, you could literaly remove him and delete his acc's but then we'd all assume he'll hide under a different name, GG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.