Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

OMg another novel is anyone reading any of this?
    --- Post updated ---
    God damn liberals

Circa likes this.
  2. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

If I meet CreamPie, Really Good, King Lear etc 1 v 1 , I lose, donate my bag, send a “gf” and happily accept I have met a better player.

If I meet that same player 1 v 3 he should die unless he shows great combat skills.

I would not expect someone of that calibre to complain they should be able to keep bhop as they never deserve to lose no matter the numbers they face.

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Why can't you kill someone 3v1? Ever heard of mounts, magma, r90, or field and or wof?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

So you are saying you don't need bunnyhop to win outnumbered? /endthread?

5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Sarcasm?

6. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

I love how the other side of this is just crying over their favorite crutch. Resetting fights IS SKILL! lmfao

Best they got is telling me it's just my opinion. You sound like a science article paid for by coca cola that says sugar has no link to obesity.

ALL THE SIGNS ARE THERE. PEOPLE FUCKING TOLD YOU BEFORE. THE FEW LEFT ARE SAYING IT AGAIN.

BPG you can let the game die and listen to these greedy ignorant fucks or you can make a real game. You tried to just refine Darkfall original and you put in solid effort. So much has been improved and I enjoy it but I can't handle the harassment b.s and I love this game... RoA could be a real MMO.

This server can handle 10k? 15k? in 2017-18 this number should be a fucking joke but look at it. You know the active server population numbers. Is it because the game isn't fun? PvE here is better than any MMO. Boss fights are lacking in some areas but new blood wouldn't know that. Think they all left because they didn't have a marketplace? Our community has driven them out. Like they always do.

Man up and accept this path leads to ruin. I know I'm one of only a couple. We're well outgunned at this point in numbers. The real player base you need has left once again. It's sad I consider this a giant waste of time but I want you to at least realize you could still do it. It wouldn't be easy and my god the drama... It would still be worth it.

Dixie Normus and Skelly like this.
  7. ThiefGarrett

How is that sarcasm? Shivs made the comment that one of those players that beats him 1v1 should not be able to use bunnyhop to run away if he now outnumbers that player 3 to 1. You then stated that they should be able to beat 1v3 using above mentioned skills, none of which included bunnyhopping.

And I should mention that running from outnumbered fights is the number 1 reason people are claiming they want it to stay, according to this thread.

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You completely reversed what I said. That's how the 3 easily kill the 1. Not sure how you read it that way.

9. ThiefGarrett

I was basing it on what he said, not sure how you read it that way.

10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

PvE is trash in DF compared to MOST mmos, wtf are you smoking dude? The loot is pretty generic and the mobs are mostly just damage sponges with predictable AI paths and attack routines.

Bhopping is not even close to a top reason people quit and even if removed there are many other aspects that scare majority (read average gamer) of people away like full loot and long downtimes between fun activities. There is very little to do in darkfall that does not revolve around pvp.

Fengor likes this.
  11. serenity

serenity Goblin Warrior

There is no argument here. Saying bunnyhopping is a free get out of jail card is just a flat out lie. Especially when you pretend you can do it just as good as everyone else. If you're 3v1ing some player and the 3 of you(whom all can bunnyhop just fine) can't catch the player.. you're either just lying or have another problem.

It's like me making a thread and asking them to remove rays because the good players land more rays than I do. People enjoy bunnyhopping because its one of the core mechanics that makes Rise of Agon unique among the MMORPG world. If you wan't Darkfall to be like other MMOS, you're out of your element. We play Darkfall because we don't like other MMORPGS. If we did we wouldn't be here.

12. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

He was saying that the one guy should always did to the 3 basically and even with Bhopping, they still can unless they have no aim or brain. Being able to carry multiple mounts is more of an issue than Bhopping by a LONG shot.

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  13. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

You know how easily a top level player can reset a fight.

I would not even be bothering to post but there seems to be a campaign to remove come hither and wof as they make it too difficult for a fight to be reset, when it seems easy enough currently.

At the end of the day if it becomes even more difficult for shit and mid tier to win the occasional fight then the population will contract down to elite only, you can dispute that and do the old “get good” but only if you really don’t give a shit about the longevity of the game.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I personally think wof is a very strong spell if used in conjunction with disable and other spells but I don't think it should be removed, same with come hither. What's wrong with resetting a fight? Ever been jumped at a mob spawn or alt tabbed or by large groups? You believe you should just die and lose your time and gear without a chance to fight back? Remove bhop has so many consequences that average and bad players will hate even more like robefall and vet nutcups just to start you off. I get your frustration but multiple mounts is what allows people to escape without hopping to one hit and it's completely skilless. Removing player freedom was tried in UW and look how that turned out. I've seen this cry so many times by people who simply want the game changed to suit them instead of learning to play the game on a basic level.

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  15. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Most MMOs for 90% of all mobs in game I end up aggroing 2-5x the the amount average players can take and aoe them down to grind skills/levels or for materials. Simple kiting tactics without any real thought. We do need better raid style events. Group fights with tactics and changing scenarios.

The AI in this game isn't amazing it is till way beyond traditional mmo mobs. Some of these mobs can heal each other which I wish they did more if you are slowly pecking them down. They will avoid and attempt to dodge which is a nice thing that most MMOs don't even have to deal with. So many just use shitty random number systems to do crits/dodges etc

WE ALREADY NUT CUP AND ZERG! always have and always will. That's how this community always has behaved and sure zergs will have an advantage which RoA will need to address with some new aoe skills or something. They can limit you to 1 mount for all I care. I'm fine with that but this B-Hop shit needs a harsh nerf at the very least.

There are alot of hardcore games out there with full loot. HELL EVEN PERMA DEATH that have TONS more people than darkfall. Don't tell me we can't get enough hardcore style gamers to fill this server several times over. You just don't get how poisonous our community is and so many use every stupid fucking thing to run people out of this game.

Content won't change the constant griefing and harassment this mechanic allows. You don't defend noob clans when the game is active. I understand you have no idea what we've dealt with and you want this system for personal enjoyment despite the damage it does.

Hell people smoke tobacco and I'll never understand it personally. You may have fun and personally I'm gonna die alot more without it. However it is a cancer in this game and needs to die.
    --- Post updated ---
    I didn't say it was. However the same issue comes up. AT BEST WE GO SAME SPEED. If I'm right on your ass your right you will die before you get away. Usually you hardcore pvpers just kill a gatherer or a noob working a skill just outside the city or maybe a crafter making shit for themselves or others.

You bounce as soon as we start coming and you keep going. I chase for maybe 5-10 mins and thats IF I REALLY want you dead. I break off you come back. The fact that people can do this endlessly is b.s

At least with mounts we can kill them much easier. Slower than b-hop, less health than a player and a much bigger target.

You people just don't get it. This isn't about the skill element. This isn't about how many times you can reset a fight or how simple a fucking rhythmic tapping is. It's about the fucking grief and harassment that drives people away.

It's not even just B-Hop you fucking elites patroling newb spawns when the server is active should be fucking banned IMHO. You and this bullshit are a cancer in darkfall.

I doubt this game can even revive at this point without a relaunch and and alot of anti harassment initiatives by BPG.

Can't believe you people can't get how bad this shit is. It's not complicated.

Skelly and Dixie Normus like this.
  16. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

The good old elitist cry painting loads of different style and mentality players with the same ignorant brush. Majority of so called "elitists" did not grief noobs at launch unless you think showing up to sieges as "griefing" in a pvp game. Most of the people griefing noobs were shitty players who couldn't hang with better players. Exceptions to this are people like squanto.

Someone being good at Bhopping and or pvp or against bhop removal makes them elitists? Been hearing this same bullshit for years. You guys are just bad at the game and instead of trying to improve you would rather cry about how other people play the game with the same tools you have. You have this perception that your clan has a monopoly of what it's like to play with new players or teach them when it's nowhere near true. Lots of us have spent a considerable amount of time teaching players but the difference between us is we don't foster a defeatist mentality in them like you do. You are actually more toxic than veteran "elitist" pro bhoppers could ever be in my opinion.

You're sitting here crying for a WIPE and think bpg is going to take you seriously? Get a grip dude. Your new years resolution should be to learn your limitations and adjust yourself to meet more realistic expectations instead telling others how to behave or act. Imposing your doomsday rants on the forums because you dislike a mechanic in the game is not helpful or constructive to the health of the game or bpg.

Fengor and Mc Nasty like this.
  17. turk0lu

turk0lu Gravelord

sounds like pvp isnt ur thing. u should try crafting

18. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

With this mentality you would simply mount and run if the numbers didn’t heavily favor you.

Most players in this game have enough skill in begoning to finish. As I currently play solo mostly I probably get away half the time if I’m lucky to begone early enough.

However your group which is always had 5+ hasn’t got me yet which means you are not to good at it.

19. Avenging Martyr

Legend

I'm putting you in the same boat as I consider slaying noobs and supporting systems that help harass them in the same boat as cancer. Fight resetting is not hardcore. Fuck off.

Teaching players is great, it doesn't give you the experience of actively living with them and defending them and witnessing the amount of raiding and this rinse and repeat harassment is ridiculous. I don't care that you don't get it. I don't care that you love your crutch.

The game is drying slowly like it did last time. Say whatever you want you fucking know it you stupid shit.
    --- Post updated ---
    I love that you say that considering how bad it is in this game. Just like your fucking love of scum saving in a mmo is shit too.

Cry for your crutch you bitches.

20. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

I agree this game needs a relaunch and some marketing but not until more things are added and complete which is prolly at least 1yr out. but by then folks this game will be long gone n forgotten. just a few hardcore fan bois hanging on to a lost cause dueling each other for 100k gearbags lmfao claiming they r the best gamers in the world get gud bro oh and before people start saying how this is the best mmorpg ever made really need 2 do a head count on how many people actually play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.