Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Removing bunny hopping is a really bad idea, mounts are already to fast as is.

The Red King, Scrubby Bear and chad like this.
  2. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Owyn Magnus, more like Owyn *agnus. Seriously though, stop with the lame remove hopping threads.

Scrubby Bear, chad and Fengor like this.
  3. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

I personally hate bunny hopping. The problem is everyone is very vocal on the subject even when we discuss it internally. I much preferred the time of df1 before everyone bhopped and you had to tactically use mounts to catch people. Now it basically comes down to who can bunny hop better is who wins a fight or survives the conflict.

Battle Smurf, MaxiHori, Shivs and 8 others like this.
  4. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

This doesn't happen all that often, the bunny hoping only usually happens b4 and after an engagement, most people will just fight it out if its fairly even numbers, if you removed bunny hopping that would just give zergs all the power.

5. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Back when character grind was so absurd and characters were so weak they did 20 damage so mount was a free reset. Mounts had 400 Hp. they didn't weigh 100 pounds each and you could carry 10+ (Celiah Ailey).

Did you know, if someone hops away from you that you can just leave? GUARENTEE they come back. Have some patience. Hit them with a DoT as they bounce works wonders as well.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrubby Bear and SuB ZeRo like this.
  6. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

Im with you bunny hopping is stupid and not helpful 2 new players or even catering to a large population at least not the bunny hopping we have bow, u have hmm lets see battlespike,magma storm, stormblast,begone,shrapnel its fcken annoying

7. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Very few people use bunnyhopping to avoid zergs.

They use it to attack larger groups without consequences, often running away right after casting a spell...or they use it to run from a fair fight they are losing.

Stop using the zerg argument.

MaxiHori likes this.
  8. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

My best times was eu launch when there was a sbit ton of players learning and using archery mana missle and melee, this game lacksss the massive multipplayer aspect its down to arena status which u people dont seem 2 get

about0, Lincoln Hawk and Dixie Normus like this.
  9. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

i would much rather remove bhop and put in movement abilities to make up for the difference. That way any 1 hour old character could dash away just as well as someone who has played forever.

Dixie Normus and Skelly like this.
  10. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

This seems to be a big issue...

Where are the arguments for and against the mechanic? Perhaps a devblog.. Or love q&a or live arguments from both sides.

Or perhaps well constructed posts for and against.

Like inositol's post on page one. That was a well made argument for keeping the bunnyhop. Can someone post a rebuttal?

I'd throw my hat into the ring but I just don't know what would be best and would hate to contribute to ruining such a large aspect of the game. Perhaps that's MY argument. Bhopping is definitely a trademark for darkfall, much the same as Quake. So there's my fedora, my ballcap of wisdom.

Any arguments against I'd love to hear a well constructed one...

11. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

thats like saying you should be able to beat a guy who is out statting you, out transitioning you and out aiming you lol. Knowing when to bhop is a skill not brainless. Use that brain of yours. Btw, you can't just blindly run into 20 people with 2 and get away every time just because you can bunny hop, fucks sake man where is your head. This game is tactical with bhopping.

12. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Not to be mean... but didn't I 1v6 @Owyn Magnus and crew at launch on an incredibly underleveled toon? That event alone should speak volumes about the inability of people who scream tactics to grasp bunny hopping as a legitimate component of Darkfall combat.

I should also note that I'm one of the few vets in this game that are absolutely horrid at bunny hopping and opt to sit and wait for the person to reset and come back for a fight.

While I may dislike bhopping... I can fundamentally understand why it's a unique and beneficial part of Darkfall(Unlike Come Hither. That spell is fucking stupid as fuck, fuck).

SuB ZeRo and Fengor like this.
  13. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

Being able to run away isnt skillful which is why i said any 1 hour old character should be able to run away.

14. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Any 1 hour old character can run away. Unlocking greater magic, begone and shrapnel is very easy to do now. It's like you do not even play the game or understand anything about it.

Scrubby Bear, chad, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  15. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

I understand new player retention quite well.
    I understand its unlikely for a new player to continue playing very long if he can't even escape a fight.
    To which he then goes and tells all his friends not to play a game do to poor mechanics.

But hey that is me just trying to retain population in the world.

Lets be honest id rather retain more players and balance bunny hopping then do nothing.

16. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Are you actually asking other people?

17. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

If you think bunnyhopping is remotely close to the core reason for poor retention.... I have little hope in your judgement for future iterations of DF:ROA.

Scrubby Bear, Skelly, Slayven and 2 others like this.
  18. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

There are numerous reasons and this is one we've heard many times over, I'm sure that's why @Bound brought it up.

Keep the thread civil and clean please.

19. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Wow I try to support this game but some of the comments comming from bpg the past few days is crazy.

You want to implement one button dash abilities? That worked well for dfuw.

People die they cry over mechanics instead of identifying their short comings. It’s sad
    --- Post updated ---
    In the stream yesterday you showed how little knowledge you have, it’s sad.

I’ve made some big donations over the last few weeks this is going to come to a halt. You guys are clueless and all over the place. Get some devs who know gameplay

20. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

And please explain to me what animal said that wasn’t civil and clean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.