Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

On point my dude ! Sums it up these dumb fckers will never learn

All these tards still going on about bunny hopping when the whole game is at a standstill with people leaving and new games coming out 2018 this game is just a recycle of old vets like he said.

And i suggest you stop replying to bunny hoppers activists. They cant see past there own nose

2. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

Ah right, Quote as in the reply button like I do to you. Not quote as in directly referring to something I said and using it while replying to me.

Sure I see the logic. Let me rephrase. Stop talking to me, referencing me etc. You are a useless shit in this thread. Just like in the game your more of a cancer than content. We all know your opinion. Trust me most are agreeing with you if you are reading the rest of these replies.

Well if I'm really lucky in a year or so I'm gonna be laughing when you are the toxic one crying.

Maybe, frankly I think you people have ran with B-Hop so long that if you were without it you'd be a 3 legged race horse. Once everyone got use to no B-Hop and played enough to be use to it. I don't know how those fights would go personally. I'm sure you all do. This little circle jerk of who's the best in the current state of dark fall means nothing to me.

B-Hop is a easy griefing tool. That fucking simple. Even alot of the vets are sick of the endless chase and yes it usually is a endless chase. No it's not ridiculously easy but it's not fucking hard either. Depending on the terrain your fighting it it's more/less effective naturally but jesus it is frustrating.

I can't honestly answer how many times I've broken off chases. Not because I can't or I think I'll lose like so many of you imply. But simply because it's a fucking waste of time. The rabbit running is always having more fun than the chaser. The chaser only enjoys it if they get the fucker.

And that's if the fucker isn't doing asset damage that takes time to gather resources and fix. Or griefing noobs cause for him it's hilarious and his meaning to live.

Long distance fast B-Hop and everyone gets low health and the rabbit has the advantage. If your both one hit and your still moving towards them they just need 1 hit. That's skill?

You guys are smoking cocaine..

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Skelly likes this.
  3. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Sorry dude you make no points and have no leg to stand on. All you are doing is insulting people while blaming bhopping on low population.

Had nothing to do with the fact that there is nothing to do outside of farm pvp gear.

The fact you think if bhopping was removed that would somehow change a fight between animal and Uzik shows you have no clue.

4. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Who did you play in game anyway?

5. Avenging Martyr

Legend

I love this. Nothing to do outside farm PvP gear. That's is the current elitist mentality for sure. VCPs are the same small groups usually, Sea Towers without pop are fun right? Territory controls will be interesting but this won't give you anything.

Some don't mind the PvE in this game. Some like doing larger/harder things as a clan. Hell in some games some people just like crafting shit and wheeling and dealing and stockpiling gold like a little goblin lol.

I know you don't and neither do your pals. You won't see people that enjoy that shit running in your circle and if they aren't in your circle you raid them. You raid them over and over until that busy little place wherever it is ends up empty.

Animal is a beast but I think you underestimate the effect of B-Hop in a battle. Do I think they would win every time? No...

Do I think they'd have a real shot at killing his ass. Yep.

Who did I play with? Against? this question is a little vague to me. I'll cover both just for a little understanding I'm not some never touched the game type.

I followed the game before it's first official release. I don't got a year in my head but I first played on a friends account shortly after EU launch. Sadly I am from a poor family and didn't climb out of poverty till later. Hardest part really is when poor you gotta help each other so as you rise you support each other more and the harder it is to climb higher. Unless you cut them off but I am not a sociopath like some. Family is family.

So I got to try out darkfall as a guest at first. Obviously didn't get to play often but I liked what I saw.

I made my first official char on NA as Soulless Avenger. I was a member of Drunken Legion. Our more notable members were Xerra Sinibi and Riggsy Smokes. Drunken Legion merged into NA Vengeance. We were apart of NA Vengeance and rolled with shadow syndicate till the day NA died.

Man I lived on cairn as a newb. Sick Bastards raided all the time and I learned how to live and die on cairn. Not a noob friendly place in old DF. I survived and played right till the end.

I joined Abso as Avenging Martyr during the pre RoA Beta days when the hype was real. Been with these guys since.

PS: A true list of everyone I've fought against is hard to come by. Thanks to changing alliances and the saying the enemy of your enemy is you friend has resulted in some strange one off alliances so really I've fought with and against most of you I'm sure at some time or another.

PSS: Think Mister Sad was actually a Vengeance member. Man my stoner memory is not helping me lol.

#405 Avenging Martyr, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  6. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Ha hahahaha that’s all I have to say

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Explains a lot thanks for the reply.

8. Avenging Martyr

Legend

I know right.

Clans that actively recruited, trained and defended newer players in the original and RoA darkfall. That tried to help this game grow before and now.

It's almost like I have a vast amount of experience helping newer players.

Sure they were zergy as fuck but so were all the major clans except the elitist ones who whored themselves for gold and fought anyone anywhere.

Abso might not be the best players in darkfall but we never raid noob clans. We wouldn't attack them at spawns in the world.

Not like most of you professionals.

At least without B-Hop some of these clans could hold out. I mean I laughed at Yew Militia and rolled them hard way back when but they could still gather up and chase people off with pitchforks.

PS: Laugh all you want you ignorant shits. This game is dying and your the cancer. I expect you to be the way you are.

PSS: By helping newer players I mean living with them, Helping newb clans and DEFENDING them when they call for help. I've seen the other end of this game for a long time. Not your elitist blowbang of egos no. The lifeblood of any game getting bled. The sheep being gutted instead of sheared.

I mean I've felt less frustration losing a lvl 90+ Diablo 2 hardcore character to lag than I have when dealing with a asset damage B-Hopper.

Hug yourself and just say "my crutch, my crutch, my crutch" 3 times and I'm sure you'll get to chase each other across the map forever.

#408 Avenging Martyr, Jan 2, 2018
    Korag likes this.
  9. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

If I was still subbed to this game it would scare me that Bound is liking your posts....

27 of your last 28 posts on this thread have been the exact same message repeatedly differently in toxic ways. Anyone who disagrees with you is a elitist toxic cancer scumbag. How can you expect anyone to take your opinion seriously when you can't even give a rebuttal without insulting them like a 10 year old who just learned how to cuss.

You claim bhopping has killed this game and state that you know of so many people who quit because of it. I can sit here and claim the exact opposite. When I was a new to the game I loved bhopping and many of my noob guildmates enjoyed the mechanic as well. Where does that leave our argument? Repeating the same message over and over.

Let's just pretend BPG actually does get rid of bhopping. You're still going to get demolished by better players? Then what will your excuse be? "please add back in crosshair wobble because my aim isn't as good as other people so dumb the game down thanks!"

You think getting rid of bhopping will magically save this game? There isn't anything to do in this game except pvp, craft, mundane boring pve. And even then you still only have under 100 players during prime time. Nothing is going to magically bring back 5k+ actives. Bhopping isn't the reason this game suddenly died after only 1 month of launch. In case you somehow missed launch let me clue you in:

1. Community: Hey BPG please put the server in Chicago because the New York Server has terrible infrastructure and Chicago already has a proven track record.
    BPG: We have to put the server in New York because it's cheap and there is 10 Euro's who might play ROA. As a result of this the server will crash randomly over and over during launch. People will lose their items and grind progress but we will not compensate for it. The lag and server desync will be so terrible that you wont be able to play for more than 30 minutes without losing your mind. Only after the majority of our playerbase quits will we upgrade the server.

2. Community: Hey BPG please get rid of the grind, no one wants to do the same mundane task for 80+ hours on end. Many of us are working full time and don't have the time to grind.
    BPG: We have added papyrus and essences, please spend 3+ months collecting them to grind your spells. And once you grind all of your spells have fun grinding your stats and melee mastery's and spell school duration/quicken/etc.. Only after the majority of our playerbase quits will we reduce the grind and add in potions to max your character much quicker.

3. Community: Hey BPG please fix the new player experience. This is a hard game to learn and noobs need a lot of help right away.
    BPG: We made a 10 page journal popup and gave them 5k worth of items.... good luck! We also wont punish people for exploiting the new player tasks over and over to progress their character much quicker than everyone else. Only after the majority of our playerbase quits will we fix the game map and make it easier for new players to find information.

4. Community: Hey BPG please add content. There isn't anything outside of repetitive pvp, mundane pve and horrible crafting.
    BPG: Nope, we are going to spend all of our resources pointlessly reworking housing system, leveling system, portal system, etc..

5. Community: Hey BPG please test your patches because there are game breaking bugs after every patch.
    BPG: We are going to rush patches and leak the entire code of the game. We will take days to fix these game breaking bugs and we wont rollback the patch until we fix it.

Those are the main 5 reasons ROA died. Here is some salt for the wound though:

BPG: Let's redo the housing system and make it insanely impossible and tedious to get a house. People love clicking a tree, rock and bush 500,000 times. Even now months after this system is released nearly all villages have houses unbuilt or unoccupied.

BPG: Let's get rid of portal chambers that way holdings lose all of their value! Instead we will add in wilderness portals that are completely half assed and still require people to spend 30+ minutes traveling! Only after the majority of our playerbase quits will we rework portals for blue players only.

I could go on but it seem's I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

After reading all of this how can you sit here and solely blame bhopping for this games death? Bhopping didn't kill this game, BPG did with their negligent actions.

Sero, Grimtide, Creampiecathy and 7 others like this.
  10. Yomi Scythetalon

Contributor Legend Streamer

Ima be honest I like alot of what you're trying to communicate to the community. And there is some truth in it. But please don't bring yourself down multiple levels by being as toxic as you have been with your last couple posts, its not helping your cause. Do I hate bhopping? Absolutely, but its not just a vet tool, everyone can learn it. If I 1v1 arrow Im not going to win or lose because of the bhop mechanic - its available to us both. Its always going to come down to player skill in 1v1s and team/communication skills in group fights. Plus we all know Yomi the scythe talon would crush arrow 7 days a week - unless I laugh emote in his face and he stickies me full to dead with daggars lol.

I totally agree with vet clans not bothering with new players. In fact the only clans that actively take players of all skill levels is the Grief Goons (God bless their hearts) and Red Moon Reserves. And trust me we lose alot in pvp, but we have fun doing it. Its nothing to farm a bag back that you lost (or one dragon bag, one infernal bag, and seven fp bags in 2 hours time >_<) when you have people willing to farm with you and just socialize as you play the game. I really think Instinct, Savage Predators, Yall Suck, and Chronos should really try to actively recruit newer players. These clans could train them far better than GG or RMR and bring sieging back to the game. Not that bs that happened at Sunthrone. If the top players really loved this game and want it to survive you're going to have to take that mantle up one day. Eventually RMR or GG is going to get raided enough or lose even when we try to zerg often enough that they're going to say the game just isn't for them.

In closing no matter how toxic we all get towards each other, and boy do we get toxic, I will always enjoy the memories I have with Darkfall. Even dumb shit like me and Lear shit posting each other. Its all in good fun. Yomi out *drops mic*
    --- Post updated ---
    Call me a dog one more time and Ima show you my RP skills.

11. Scrappy_Doo

Scrappy_Doo Goblin Shaman

So...your telling me there's a chance!!!

Animal likes this.
  12. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Do you think I'm being toxic by accident? This is how most of the "vocal" community behaves. I'm just fighting fire with fire because the house is burning down. It's just worse when logic is thrown in.

This is what people see when they come here. Sadly I'm so sick of it I've decided to lash out like the worst. This is intentional sadly.

What you see here is generally how these "Elites" treat people who are not on "Their level". This includes all new players, all casuals, RPers, Crafters and pretty much anyone who isn't in the little circle they call "Good Players" despite the fact their behavior has always chased people away.

You see for us vets this game is pretty boring at this point overall. Without sieges, sea towers and other larger things that require lots of people. A real game population.

Sure as vets don't have new things to play with. However there is a god awful amount of people who haven't done this. Clans who've never farmed the ice dragon, fire dragon. I bet if half the noobs got to experience spawn scaling on a harder mob with a good char they would be impressed compared to most MMOs.

Where are these people? where is the new blood. For them this is new.

You are absolutely right changing B-Hop won't save this game at this point. I'm afraid BPG will think it will and scare off the current players who barely keep the lights on playing with themselves.

As I said earlier, removing B-Hop preventing noob grief in starting areas and a server wipe would be minimum to save this game IMHO. Even then I think this game would need another year of development at least before it could call itself a real game.

Also even if we are still getting wrecked by some at least it's over in 5-10 mins. Instead of playing tag for 20-40 minutes with the same 1-3 man groups killing one guy and running into the wilds to either bank and return or set up an ambush. That's if they aren't doing asset damage & running or simply harassing people with no intent to fight.

Doing it over and over. To some that's entertainment. To me that's insanity.

Hell I'd be okay with that starter island idea where noone can hurt each other until they leave. Fuck it let at least get past goblins and bullshit.

Now for your points of topic.

1 Personally I haven't had many issues despite being in north west Canada connecting to New York but I think my network hub is Toronto which is skipping most of the states infrastructure issues. So I would agree with the previous location of Chicago. If only because it performed better for the masses overall.

The desync and lag I think come from the many changes BPG made to the game and the large amount of people at launch taxing the systems. Wasn't the crashing itself due to everyone increasing so many things all at once and the servers couldn't handle that traffic flow of stat/skill changes since it was much faster than the past and the server wasn't optimized for such a gigantic wave at the start. I remember talking to a couple people about it long ago.

Anyway point is the code itself needed to be refined for optimization and things needed tweaking for alot of those performance issues and in BPGs defense they didn't know the issue existed until the problem revealed itself at launch thanks to that large amount of people. If this game relaunched I hope we won't experience that again.

2. Reducing the grind wasn't the worst choice. It is sad it was added so late. If the server could handle it then having that at the start would have been best. Grind chases off casuals and anyone who doesn't have the time and frankly that is most people.

3. I would agree it was a bad way to go about it. I wish they had talked to us about the task system and those flaws would have been identified before launch.

Hell linking the tasks to the account and not the character and having the starter gear be a one time spawn with gear spawning in the bank would have been a much better method. Again having the bank linked to the account and not deleted with the char would prevent issues if people rerolled. QoL things that turned into giant frustration because we didn't have a chance to discuss these systems.

That is one thing I don't like BPG doing. Attempting to revamp or add certain elements without discussing the changes with the community on the forums long before they even start coding it. Half the stupid elements like the current housing system, new chars starting with loot and how exploitable it was would never have happened.

We all would have ripped it apart and maybe we could have seen a good result instead of what we got at that time.

4. Content would be nice but lets face it there are still so many things that still need fixing. Serious shit like alignment. Newb spawn grief prevention. Crafting is fucking terrible (PvPers don't want to craft. Crafters literally have to sell at a negative profit when the server is active and it's impossible to profit which is really bad).

Whats really important to note is that for the new players this is all new. This is all content for them. Sure we got bored quickly but noone can say the new people got sick of it cause they've done it before. They were chased, camped and griefed until they quit. Funny enough if that didn't happen I bet more vets would still be playing because the server would feel more alive but that train is gone.

Build Diversity would be nice. Faction Wars that weren't racial limited that you joined instead of being forced into would be nice.

5. Totally agree with you. Game breaking bug occurs basic procedure should be 1) Server is shut off 2) Roll back 3) Fix 4) Test that fix 5)Patch again. In the quickest amount of time possible.

I personally love that housing one. 100% agree.

You don't want to know the effort I went through to get my house on cairn. And even though little dolphins is sure I dupe or cheat or something cause I beat their entire clan and got my home gathering/trading solo.

Portal chambers were bad. Cities need some love don't get me wrong. The portal chambers just created this hungry hungry hippo attitude toward holdings among large clans. Which is great for those large clans or elite clans. For medium, small, casual clans that shit is nightmarish if you want to live anywhere but a npc city. Cause we know how great those are. Removing that shit was good for the game.

Not as happy with the portal network as I kinda hoped I would be. I imagined each portal would give you a choice of 2-4 exits so world travel would be easier. Mind you it takes one glance at DND to be happy with what we got with world travel lol.

While I can agree with you on most points. I still think BPG gave it a real effort and made mostly right choices though some were poorly done. Yes they should have communicated more. Surely they should have done a few more things much more professionally. We criticize them but they aren't experienced game developers and as if any pro developers would touch this game with a 100 foot pole. So we should be thankful for their inexperience or we wouldn't have got that fun first month.

The funniest thing almost everything you've mentioned could be addressed if the game was relaunched. So you may disagree with me but overall you probably want the same thing as me. A relaunch. B-hop issue aside, which really just needs a nerf but always ask for more and negotiate for what you really want ;)

Trust me I'm not exactly enjoying it and even friends are privately criticizing.

However alarmist B.S and taunting is very effective. Hence why Mainstream Media and so many others use it all the time. It gets attention and it gets people to join the conversation. Really our community is toxic enough but you will lose any fight if you won't lower yourself to the same tactics the other side willingly uses. I'm sick of seeing the game rot because of these A-Holes and I'll grab their nuts and squeeze.

It's not the new people abusing this shit so teaching new players to b-hop solves nothing IMO. If they stick around long enough they will adapt and learn it.

The serious issue is vets who out B-Hop any casual or newb who use this shit to grief them. Unless you've lived with lots of newbs or hung around with them helping them most don't know how bad this shit can get.

Besides the frustration of the never ending chase scenario which is sadly common and frustrating. Or the asset damage and run for fun type. Hell we skip right over that shit and we still have a serious issue.

You know how it is running with newer players. Pros are not going to bring them around. Newbs are a liability and if you abandon them every time the shit hits the fan they're even more likely to just leave. Dueling them and showing them the ropes is nice but it hardly scratches the surface of darkfall.

I wish we had an offical newb clan. I mean a BPG endorsed newb clan which couldn't be sieged and if it was ran right they could have team duels and other B.S scheduled and literally 1 day ban fuckers for interfering with the noob events or raiding the city / immediate surrounding spawns. If it's endorsed by BPG they could potentially make a area marker so you get a message. This is the home of X Clan of new players. Hostile actions will result in 1 hour ban on first offense. 1 day ban on second offense etc if they wanted.

Hows that for being a care bear lol

Fuck allow city raiding of noob town on weekends for lulz. Kick noobs after 30 days in clan or when you notice they get to certain skill levels. Or if they just gather all the time lol

Tell the noobs while in clan they are only allowed to fight people in the open world at their own risk and city raiding results in a kick from newb clan. Auto kick any noob who harasses/griefs others, does asset damage against anyone or acts like a toxic POS.

Pros who gave a fuck could take turns coming over with people and group dueling on different days and maybe pick out some promising recruits if both sides agree.

That kind of thing would go a long way. New players living together in one player city would group up and do things. Have the time to learn the game while having a safe haven. If they're all new they have that in common and can form their own groups and potentially make friends. Sort of like newb areas in most MMOs. They feel relatively safe and meet other people who are as new as them.

People could arrange for them to join some defending sides of sieges and see their glory early on. They are nothing more than a distraction and meat shield mostly but it would help new player retention by miles.

Which is a moot point since the inflow is almost none really lol.

#412 Avenging Martyr, Jan 2, 2018
  13. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I'm still waiting for you to realize that I'm horrible at bunny hopping.... I thought I mentioned it in this thread, but who wants to read through this thread with your 10 paragraph "rebuttals." I hate bunny hopping because I almost never have a bad engagement, I use sidestep and can't run or chase, and I don't care for playing the stat game(I prefer outplaying through aim and aggressive spell cycles).

You don't seem to understand that I'm not advocating for bhopping because it's my crutch. I'm advocating for it because I understand this game and the type of people that tend to enjoy it better than you and most of your clan.

Somewhat related to the course of conversation in this thread: I happily play with players that aren't as good as myself and that should be glaringly obvious, but I only continue to play with them if they have the capacity to endure and grow to love Darkfall. A good quality in life is understanding when it's worth your time to invest in something or someone and you need to understand the people you're helping or want to help before you can effectively form an opinion on that potential investment.

TLDR 1: I don't like bunnyhopping, but it is necessary for the game because it's fun and adds depth.

TLDR 2: It's good to hedge your investments to reduce risk(In the case of my analogy: The risk is the loss of time and the hedge is predicting which players are most likely to remain in Darkfall).

P.S: Bring me your 2 strongest warriors. I'll be on this weekend and we can do a 1v2 wager. (The tree of ego must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.)

Grimtide likes this.
  14. Avenging Martyr

Legend

I don't care that you read at a snails pace. Hell you not replying to actual points prevent me from wasting my time replying to you lol.

I don't even know who the fuck you are in game past or present lol. I don't care what you are good or bad at.

The issue goes beyond what you are capable of or how you feel about it. My god. If you ever lived with a newb active clan or tried to defend them you might have some ability to understand and we could discuss this.

Yes I'm sure you do understand the type of people who enjoy this dead world far more than I ever will. No disputing that.

I like your point on understanding whats worth investing in. BPG invested in refining the core darkfall game. Just like you and your merry band wanted. QoL came in many forms, World travel is a billion times better than the past. Grind is barely there compared to the old days. Same combat, same character build/skill meta.

Look the fuck around. theres no new clans in RoA. No real influx on new blood. At best some trickled into the larger vet clans that split and renamed themselves various times and even most of that has bled off. The content is old for new players too? This is all new to new players can't say more content would satisfy them.

I may be out of touch with the remaining 100 active players on this server. You are probably right on the money there man. You however are completely out of touch with the average man or gamer in general.

I mean there is no shortage of hardcore games out there. Full loot on death, Permadeath etc. Check some steam charts and the numbers might surprise you.

Last I heard BPG has had well over 5k different people try this game over time and with rumors and all the trash talk about the toxic community is and how hard it was they still came in and tried despite it all.

It's down to you and what 100 people? 250 people? maybe? and I feel that is a generous estimate.

PS: You want to settle a argument over game design with a duel. Or is that just your ego attempting to inflate. As if player skill somehow makes your argument valid. Man I'm so sorry I didn't realize I've been insulting someone with down syndrome. As a Canadian I am truly sorry for bothering you. God bless your heart.

#414 Avenging Martyr, Jan 2, 2018
  15. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

Removing bunny hopping is not going to magically bring back thousands of players. What actually could bring back thousands of players is if you made a niche for people who love to craft or love to pve for ultra rare loot or become trading moguls or make a crazy unique home or any of the other non-pvp things that other sandbox games focus on. This is a ton of work, but I do think the BPG guys realize this.

There is one thing that @Avenging Martyr said that is an important point. How many new clans are still around? I can't think of one. The ichimaru (sp?) guys lasted more than most, but when I go back and look at my launch fight recordings most of those names are long gone. IMO this is because of a lack of things to do besides PVP along with a large learning curve to the actual fighting, not bunny-hopping. Bunny-hopping is pretty easy if you take a little time to practice.

Skelly likes this.
  16. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I'm pretty sure you're incapable of following a conversation.... @Avenging Martyr

@sup Exactly, the content that extends beyond PvP is nearly non-existent and that's a big problem in a game that touts itself as an MMO. Player created content can only entertain the masses for so long. Eventually, everything other than PvP in Darkfall feels monotonous and the only players that remain are the ones that genuinely enjoy the fast paced combat over traditional aspects of an MMO.

Skelly, sup and Fengor like this.
  17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Nothing constructive has been discussed in this thread for some time and will be locked. We appreciate what constructive feedback we did derive from this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.