Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

What stream yesterday? I think you are confused. Whatever Bound is talking about in this thread is his own opinion and he's just trying to have a discussion. That is all.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not him, there were some others taking things too far. They know who they are.

2. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Did we not have a discussion in stream where I mentioned ranking villages randomly from best rewards to lowest? Allowing lesser skilled players to fight against equal competition?

In which you stated all skill levels would go after best rewards. Which is completely false

MaxiHori likes this.
  3. Cool hwip

Cool hwip Deadeye
    Hero

I stink at bunny hopping but in no way does it need to be eliminated.

edit: I also stink at pvp but I am not about to try to eliminate one of the keys to this game.

Scrubby Bear, Sintan, Slayven and 3 others like this.
  4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

The live stream with Michael, Neilk and myself? I can't remember all the details of that discussion, but to be clear Andrew and myself discussed ranking the villages. It's something we're looking into.

5. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

You understand new player retention quite well.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    about0, chad and Fengor like this.
  6. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Yep. Having outs in a fight is a bad thing. That is why they are removing flash and all mobility skills in LoL in their next patch.

Scrubby Bear, chad and Fengor like this.
  7. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I just wanted to say that after 750 hours of PubG, if there were bunny hopping, that would be a god damn badass game.

Then I wanted to say that I'm glad that my antics 5-6 years ago left a lasting impression on bunnyhopping.

Finally, I have this video:

Frog likes this.
  8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

So you have completely missed the point of my post. I said it would give zergs all the power which it would. Without bunny hopping it would be very hard for any1 to escape larger numbers, I mean say its a 6v3, the 3 try to escape, all the 6 have to do is have 3 people mount up while the other 3 people shoot, making the mounts have to dodge.

There is a skill to bunny hopping, I don't get why any1 would say otherwise. If you do it wrong you going to take loads of damage and just get killed. If it wasn't skillful every1 would do it and there wouldn't be any issue. Like everything games there should be a learning curve to it, if you out perform some1 you should win or get away in this case. If you manage to bunny hope away from some1 and they cannot catch you, you have out played them, you deserve to get away. What is skillful about spawning a mount and running away?

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  9. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

remove mounts

10. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

How about this concept. Just hear me out....

If someone brings more to a fight, they should win! Or if someone makes a mistake and gets caught by a zerg, they should lose!

I mean, Its not like you couldnt use the spells in the game that were put in SPECIFICALLY to get away from numbers, like confusion, blizzard and mounting up...right?

This mentality that you should force people into even numbered fights for this game is hurting it. The only people that want that are the only ones still playing.

Everyone wants more people to play, but apparently the elitists only want those people to play in groups of 3-5. Darkfall is NOT a small group game, and it is NOT an anti-zerg game.

Can you asses not see that this anti-zerg mentality and skills hurts the population?

Skelly likes this.
  11. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

Fckn god thak u i couldnt have said it better your right and people dont realize. Fucken low pop will always kill this game. With new dawn coming out soon well GG

12. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

While I understand why people like to set up the false illusion of a fair fight scenario the fair fight scenario in Darkfall does not really exist that being said the concept of large-scale war in Darkfall cannot really exist either because the mechanics to allowed to take place without becoming a detriment to the actual game have not been created. if a clan becomes too large it can actually act like a virus and kill off the population as quickly as it helped to grow. sieges on a large-scale are unplayable due to the issues with FPS at those encounters therefore this forces the player base to create its own subset of rules hence the birth of fair fights or as I said before the illusion of fair fights. Unfortunately there is no answer to this problem until certain aspects of the game are physically changed you have to be able to have large-scale War without FPS loss to even begin to engage the concept before that is changed. everything else that we discuss is just mental masturbation because the cause and effect nature of the game dictates it so. You can't change Human Nature it will endure

Battle Smurf likes this.
  13. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It does not force anyone into an "even numbered" fight to have b hopping. I tell ya what, when I have 10 people with me, we always get the hoppers.

Fengor likes this.
  14. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

LOL

bestow more wisdom onto us please.
    --- Post updated ---
    I swear, people never think of the logical conclusions of the retarded shit that they think they want.

Group of X goes out into the world, runs into group of X+5. Without bunnyhopping, group of X's gear is literally forfeit. How is that fun for anyone? People would stop leaving their cities without a zerg, and that'd be fine if we had any zergs, so people would just stop leaving. What's left? Duel all day? No one even entertains the idea of sieges being worthwhile or fun, sea towers are tedious buzzkills, kinda like the dragon; if you were having fun, sea towers and dragons put an end to that real quick.
    --- Post updated ---
    If someone happens to be a class that my class hard counters, they should lose!

Scrubby Bear and Fengor like this.
  15. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Its not about trying to get even number fights, if I wanted that I would do pre arranged, its about options. The smaller numbers are far more likely to fight the larger numbers if they have a chance of getting away. I always found zerging to be boring but then again I don't need to out number people to win.

Its about options, I love all the options you have in this game, its the main reason I never tried playing destroyer, having so many options at my disposal is fun. There is so many things as a mage you can be doing. If you remove bhopping you remove apart of the game that I and many others like.

You don't seem to look at is from the other perspective, the zergs themselves would get less fights if people had no chance of escaping them. The bad players would also lose the ability to bhop away, and they get out of position far more often than good players.

You also have to consider the fact that if the good players had no hope of escaping they are far more likely to group up in larger numbers and completely destroy the bad players who zerg.

16. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

You can still win a fight without killing all of your enemies. If you choose to zerg, which of course anyone has the right to do, then you can outnumber and overwhelm other forces into fleeing at village control points, sieges, prime mob spawns and sea towers and win the objective. Soon with the introduction of Territory Control this will probably be more accessible to large forces. You don't have to chase and kill everyone to be successful.

#56 Nat, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Fengor, Skelly and kinglear like this.
  17. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

I agreed with pretty much everything you said, even the streamsniping in a way, but how are you going to enforce this if this is acutally made a rule? If someone runs into the streamer multiple times in a day at villages is he streamsniping? Do you ban him? I can understand if one person goes to every single spawn and is killing the person while talking shit in-game and in stream chat... but there is no way they could enforce this without bias.
    --- Post updated ---
    are you serious?

Slayven likes this.
  18. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

They group up and completely destroy bad players as it is..already lol..wtf

19. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

The community is already at a point where you rarely find people out in the world in small numbers, especially vets. I roam solo 90% of the time, if they removed bhopping I don't think you would ever catch me leaving sanguine unless I had a full party, or unless I was in a robe with r30s.

Slayven likes this.
  20. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

DF is the only game(mmo FULLLOOT almost NOSAFEZONE) you do not need to die if you find a zerg. You have the possibility to escape. Because of bunnyhopping.

You can not compare the DF with PUBG.
    PUBG you lose and enters a new instance. DF you stay naked without equipment.

Fengor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.