Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Run solo all the time get my ass kicked and keep on trying..no complaints from me..I’ll try all I can say b hopping zerging all that..if everyone would just shut up and play the game we might have a little fun.

To many thirsty women round here trying to show off their new lipstick.

Squanto likes this.
  2. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

Bhopping will forever be kept in to appease the 10% of the population who ensure that the other 90% don't play.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Yep. That's why. Nail on the head 5sure.

Scrubby Bear and Fengor like this.
  4. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

In a game that allows aoe spells, I feel movement based utility’s are a must..being able to move around the battlefield is important

Why do u feel this way..

Bunnyhoping across entire tile is broken...being able to shift positions is not..

Yes it’s very skilled based I watch Rex videos all the time and am in awe on how he has mastered it to where he take minimal damage from his jumps..it’s a skill based mechanic weather u like it or not..

U weigh distance to damage

5. Back Stabbath

Back Stabbath Goblin Shaman
    Hero

Havent played in ages but I'm a long time player since original df. I do believe that the hopping is a huge reason for the low pop among others even tho I don't really care either way tbh its kinda fun.

I think one of the biggest mistakes the devs made was listening to the "vets" instead of making smarter decisions...everytime I feel like playing again I read a thread like this and cringe at the toxic stupidity of the old timey vets and remember why the game is doomed to fail.

I do feel for the Devs, and the time and money they invested. I think its really gonna hit when the new version comes , and does have a big population all these loyal "hardcore" bunnyhopping vets abandon them . Population speaks volumes. You can have loads of fun hopping around the world yelling toxic elite shit and throwing fireballs in the air...but it just aint no fun if nobody is around to see it... bro.

Had high hopes when this came out.

about0, MaxiHori and Uzik like this.
  6. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Lets take your smart little analogy all the way.

LoL has flash, but you have to choose it over other skills, and there is a very long cooldown timer. You basically can only use it once.

How awesome would LOL be if every character got Flash automatically, and could spam it ever 5 seconds? I bet those Lol matches would be super fun!

No, this happened a few months ago. I heard it was you, but a different name, not sure if true.

You just kept casting into Dag and begonning towards the NPC city instantly, before the fight would even start. That was fantastic use of that mechanic.

Uzik likes this.
  7. Eaos

Eaos Goblin Warrior
    Legend

When me, spewart, jakob ryn, and mephisto were in plague DF1 we owned a holding on the on nifflheim and we had vets raid us all day and just b hop away for days, they griefed us out of the holding, griefed half the clan into quitting as soon as we would muster and fight them they would bunny hop away. did it for weeks it was really sad. I dont understand why people dont understand why bunny hopping is bad for the game. It is selfish to defend it in a hardcore full loot game.

about0, Uzik and Owyn Magnus like this.
  8. Owyn Magnus

Not to be mean, but Im gonna forever link this post whenever anyone asks what the darkfall community is like.

Fucktards who think being good at a video game makes them good at life. Just about sums it up.

Also...you ain't the first

9. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Bunny hop after them?

Fengor likes this.
  10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I don't like the idea of only having 2 choices, bunny hopping is ok in the game it just needs limits to it. Nobody should be able to b hop infinitely it should be used for small hops just to reposition and their should be consequences for when it is over used or abused or just not allowed to be overused of abused
    --- Post updated ---
    You can compromise, by keeping it but increasing cool downs or forcing more damage or even death upon b hopping too long or many times. Their is a way to appeal to both sides of this. Simply ignoring it doesn't help or fix anything
    --- Post updated ---
    exactly a new player is not going to be able to b hop away from a vet so that doesn't help anything to get away in fact way more often than not b hopping will increase the likely hood of them not being able to escape.
    Good to know you guys do recognize their is a problem here.

11. Owyn Magnus

I can only speak for me here, but I really don't want to spend 20 minutes chasing down an elitist who took a few shots at us and bunny hopped away.

I like to have fights, then win or lose. I find this all tedious the way it is.

MaxiHori likes this.
  12. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

ok understood. just remember what ever they can do to you, you can do back to them too sir.

Fengor likes this.
  13. Eaos

Eaos Goblin Warrior
    Legend

it was an unfun waste of time, the clan got sick of it and almost everyone stopped playing, that is why it is bad we did bunny hop after them i have a vid of us chasing them until we ran out of reags.

about0, MaxiHori and Korag like this.
  14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

\
    Pretty much this, it is a cool accidental feature of the game and does make it somewhat unique, however if were talking about good for the game then overall it isn't. A lot of people have left the game because of it, is it the single biggest problem or deterrent? no probably not but if it affects a large % of the pop in a mostly negative way then it really isn't worth having around.

15. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@Owyn Magnus Luckily I'm successful at nearly everything I do in life, so I guess that's upsetting for those that fall short ;)

They call me nasa for a reason, bb.

Anyway, your perspective on how pvp games should work seems a bit skewed in favor of your inability to perform well. I'd suggest a bit of introspection to realize why you're barking up the wrong tree. I think you'd prefer games like Civilization or Starcraft(pending your preference for turn-based or real-time).

Squanto likes this.
  16. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

I don't understand why you guys think bunnyhopping is so broken and overpowered. Have you guys ever even tried bunnyhopping? Or are you just frustrated that you can never land your hops and catch the person you are chasing?

If you guys play the game and want to know how to counter these 'toxic vet loser tryhards' and their 'broken game-killing mechanic' or want to learn how to bhop pm me in-game.
    --- Post updated ---
    died laughing :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

so true tho

17. Owyn Magnus

I totally called this response, word for word. The NASA nickname is a new one.

I bet you are a 3rd degree ninja and have a girlfriend who lives in Canada too.

To be fair, my junior year I totally did have a girlfriend who lived in Canada. It was awkward saying that and knowing it to actually be true.

Uzik likes this.
  18. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Tbh, I think kung fu(I just meme'd and realized no one will get this) is flower AF and canadians are too polite for my sensibilities.

19. Eaos

Eaos Goblin Warrior
    Legend

try teaching that to 20 new players in the clan on top of all the other pvp mechanics in this game, me and jakob spent weeks training our recruits, it turned the game into a job, I filmed and uploaded all the duels privately so each person could review their performance. it is just a hugely complex game by itself and bunny hopping is the make it or break it mechanic, if you cant do it consistently you will never beat someone who can.

it really has no place in the game other than vets who want to roflstomp/ troll/ harass

20. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@Eaos Name a player that I can't beat. I can't bunnyhop and I play with sidestep. I think you're grossly misjudging the impact of bunnyhopping.

TyteDaddyTite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.