Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I do remember going to dag with you guys living there in RoA, but it might not have been me. My name was Yogi Bear though.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I personally don't think the reason why this game is dying out is due to anything pvp related, it's the economy you need people who are carebears that drive the economy and when those people are happy being carebears they invite their friends and maybe that friend prefers pvp and more people join. (I have no clue what we would do to help this, markets right first step afterwards more fluff :p)
    Personally I'm fine with b hopping,
    Reason for it:
    I can solo roam and if i run into a group of odds i dont like, say 3 I can choose to avoid then b-hopping away(thats if i don't fuck up the B hopping or get a cursed bolt into my back as i do it one hit xD)
    This is really important for me since this games population isnt massive and I dont want people feeling they have to be in a group of 5 because theres no real way to dip out if u getting zerged(that's no fun either)

Another reason, has anyone farmed raptors xD 6 will melt u I used begone to get away and stat back up.(sounds silly I know)

Now I do agree its silly that u can chase someone for days, but I don't feel like thats due to B-hopping alone but the issues with mounts, A person usually has 1-2 mounts, even if u get the first mount they would be able to b hop away and mount up far away and if u someone snipe that mount well B hopping again.
    So my suggestion is to, make it so you are only able to have one mount of any type in your inventory, yeah this might not fix the issue but I think it will be heading towards the right place(Btw this would make it so people might use battlehorns :p )

3. splatterman

splatterman Goblin Warlord
    Tester

bunny hop is the most funny spell of the game second come hither after knok up from fire spell u want remove it onle coz u cant use it

4. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Not awesome at all, that is why they are removing it in their next patch. All of the 'matches' are going to be super fun all of the time.

5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I would love to know where you are getting your numbers from, people who like bunny hopping are far less likely to even say anything about it, in general all you see on the forums are the vocal minority. In all honesty I have no idea if bhopping is bad or good for the game, or if the majority of people like or dislike it. All I can say for sure is that I like having it in, without it, it would be much harder to solo / small scale pvp, which is what I prefer to do.

Blaze likes this.
  6. splatterman

splatterman Goblin Warlord
    Tester

ppl hate bunny hop wen they loose vs pro player u guys ave to die if someone is beter then u in any case bunny hop or not face whit the
    reality

7. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

There are only 58 players better than me in ROA so IDC what you all do to bhopping

8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I thought there was a bit more than 58 players playing =0.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

ouchies

10. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

What they should really do is take a poll of all the remaining players and do exactly the opposite of what they want.

1) Hard nerf bunny hop
    2) Make alignment more painful to be red
    3) Wipe

Owyn Magnus and Skelly like this.
  11. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Yes let’s punish the loyal players.

It’s just the mindset of today’s players don’t want to improve and make adjustments, they just cry to change game mechanics.

You can kill somebody in this game from 100-0 with a big numbers advantage with a player having zero control of their char.

I’m not the best begoner but I would rather skill determine fights rather than numbers.

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  12. Thellic

Thellic Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Then why not utilise the test server and host a series of PvP events and have bunnyhopping spells disabled or otherwise changed?

Unless they are properly tested we will never know for sure what effects bunnyhopping has on combat, positive or negative.

Foomanchu likes this.
  13. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

We dont need any changes on pvp right now except maybe removing come hither other than that lets focus on getting something to do besides pvp or farm pvp gear.

Why is there no thrill to mob loot? Nothing rare to get excited about or rare drops? No unique items?

rare housing decorations
    rare dyes
    rare blessed deeds on fluff items
    rare masks

i mean jesus this game has the best pvp lets start casting a wider net.

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

No this is inaccurate I can b hop pretty well, not the very best at it but I can keep up with most people. But it is flower to chase people because if the guy your chasing is as good as you are then it is an endless chase.
    This is darkfall not chase the kids that wanna run constantly fall
    --- Post updated ---
    why does it have to be punishing them? why can it not be to improve the future of the game, just because you and a dozen or so other players are super die hard for b-hopping doesn't mean it is a good feature. I don't want it removed but it needs changed

Owyn Magnus likes this.
  15. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I meant the wipe part of his post which I quoted.

Bunny hopping to escape or chase down a player at one hit. I really enjoy. Dfuw tried the easy one button movement it was a complete failure.

When everybody has access to a spell why change it just because you refuse to practice and get better at it?

There are so many features to beat players who wanna run with a smaller force. Why not practice those instead of crying?

Squanto likes this.
  16. Eaos

Eaos Goblin Warrior
    Legend

don't tell me tell that to all the players that quit because of it, I can bunny hop just fine, I am speaking of my experience leading a clan. If there was no bunny hop people would be forced to fight when they raid a holding.

Korag and Reverend like this.
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

why d
    this is a true statement I had so many people call it a stupid feature of the game and then when you tell them it isn't a feature that it was a mistake that was eventually called "clever use of game mechanics" they really got upset. Like I said I don't want it gone and I damn sure don't wanna see UW style of movement skills but b-hop needs some changes it is ok for a quick reset or reposition but outside of that it is broken severely

Skelly likes this.
  18. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

I'd like to see the old begone / come heither mechanics where you could only begone while looking north / East and come heither only working while looking south / west. Merry christmas KIDS daddy will be home soon.

The Red King, Fengor and Squanto like this.
  19. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@Eaos I replied to your comment regarding absolutes in your sentence. I believe you said something along the lines of individuals that can't consistently bunnyhop will never beat a player that can.

Either way, the implications of removing bunnyhop extend beyond non-existent city raiding and I think you fail to see that.

20. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

The only content being villages. Just control the points and the begoning means nothing anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.