Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

People that don't like bhoppjng is mainly the people that just want the blob the shit out of good players(the only ones that wear good gear) and are mad they can't split one bag 10 ways.

Don't get mad because you can't hop as good as other players. You want to catch people? Get better at hopping like they did. Quit fucking crying because you can't push space bar at the right time and that makes you feel entitled to try to change game mechanics.

Mc Nasty and splatterman like this.
  2. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

Fun fact. Some people just think bunny hopping is a retarded and stupid mechanic. And I mean in all games with anything related to "bunny hopping".

Imagine trying to show a friend this game and the hot skilled play you use to get away is doing an extra skill based mine craft impersonation called pressing space bar and bouncing away.

And theres honestly prob more people who think bunny hopping is a retarded mechanic than people who like it. The few are the darkfall players and the others are a portion of all the people who think this game looks like trash. People want immersive games that feel good, and theres nothing immersive or cool feeling about bunny hopping. Or the majority of darkfalls other core mechanics, hence none of my friends playing this game.

I've showed this game to all my friends who either are into competitive skill based games or hardcore pvp games and none of them like it. So people cant just go around preaching darkfall mechanics are perfect cuz its not true or even close to it.

about0 and MaxiHori like this.
  3. Oresmacker

Supporter

"Can't play this game man, people can outplay me and get away, RIP"

Edit: All the people I have brought over here quit because of content, character grind and gear grind. They actually love b hopping.

Slayven, Scrubby Bear and Fengor like this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I can b hop pretty well, normally dress pretty well have brought and taught a ton of people the game and most think b hop is dumb. Often fight outnumbered outside of a siege. None of that matters b-hopping for 20 minutes is not fun it is super flower

Methodico likes this.
  5. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Do you think that if there was a visual GUI element giving you a queue as to when your character will hit the ground next and some magical animation at the characters feet that it would make it more immersive?

At this point in the game it is a mechanic accepted by players as well as the development team. Begone is tool tipped correctly by the developers and fixed to work in all directions by the developers(ie an accepted mechanic by the design team).

I would suggest a small tutorial pop up teaching new players how to begone and explaining the advantages of getting the double jump extension(if you have side step, which does permit advantages in combat, but does not allow you to hop nearly as well as double jump ) when begone is unlocked.

I have shown the game to some real life friends, some reactions were: "graphics suck lul" "it looks fun as fuck i might actually give it a try" "I am going to try the trial you got me someday I swear dude", as well as someone who I got to play with me for a couple months. The guy I got to play with me, came from WoW and EQ, but I showed him how to hop and he picked it up pretty quickly and never said anything negative about the mechanic, he thought it was fun. I think the only reason he is not playing is he is working a full time job and about to open his own business. Anyway, that is all anecdotal, but in my experience no one ever said anything about b-hopping.

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  6. Oresmacker

Supporter

I thought it was too at first. But once I actually got good at the game I realized how much fun it is. And how it is situational and strategic it can be. Especially since me and you rolled solo/duo most of beta.

"Oh shit they got 15 people"
    "Just sit down bro they got rid of b hopping these bags are theirs now"

Sounds like a fucking blast

Slayven and Fengor like this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean if they cant hop after you then you can get away also. If you cant hop non stop and they cannot hop non stop then you can still get away. People think this is a must or the game will break but this shit didn't even exist for like the first year of df1 and people escaped and survived zergs and didn't just lose their bags cause outnumbered. Is it more likely without constant hops? ya but it isn't a givin the game existed without hops and at one time you could only hop 2 directions. besides I don't want it gone I just want it changed so that it doesn't go on forever.

Crunchbert likes this.
  8. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I agree with that statement. Begone has already been nerfed in magnitude as well as boats and mounts given increased speed, which addressed many of the issues with the mechanic being over powered in beta. I do not see any need or purpose for further balance.

The development team is working on putting out content for the game, which it truly needs. They are not doing a bad job at it either. I agree with the direction they are taking it currently. I would be upset if the mechanic were removed or changed it in any meaningful way.

Scrubby Bear, Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

My thing is if it improved the pop and retaining of new players then they can do whatever they want with it. I can deal either way but I just feel it would improve the health of the game if it were not as powerful as it currently is

10. Oresmacker

Supporter

But it won't, people are just pussies and candle handle a hard core game. So they get on here show everyone how bad their pussy is hurting and quit wether the change was made or it wasn't. I personally haven't heard one guy say "b hopping is flower, I'm quitting."

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

hehe I got rage tells from a guy that tried to b hop away from me and I caught up to and killed em. He raged at me how stupid this game was because of the hops. I got accused of making a guy quit the game cause of it and heard a lot of people complain about it, I cannot say 100% sure that is why they quit but it was def a factor in it.

12. Oresmacker

Supporter

Realistically I would like to see some real marketing done for the game before they start changing the mechanics for the 12 people that can't compensate.

Fengor and Korag like this.
  13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I feel like they should wait til they have added some of these key features they been talking about and that market before they advertise again. But I agree

Sameog and Oresmacker like this.
  14. Oresmacker

Supporter

Agreed as they should

15. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

Why is this shit mechanic still in the game. Let it go guys. Just let it go.

16. splatterman

splatterman Goblin Warlord
    Tester

i probably stop to play in case i cant bunny hop ani more is like quake whit out bunny hop whit roket launcher. slow and bored this game is cool coz is fast, in pvp u can use a lot of stuff and u ave too doo it well or u gona die this is the meaning of hardcore

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  17. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I came over with 30-35 new players from original darkfall and most were from dfuw. I dont recall hearing one person say they were quitting because of bunnyhopping. I never even heard a complaint about it. People did quit because they died 100-0 without any control of their char whatsoever. Thats a legitimate complaint and more hurtful than this stupid argument. You anti bhopping guys are just grasping at straws trying to say omg so many new players would play without bhopping, its simply untrue.

I cant tell you how many times i was caught in 3 wofs solo with 10 guys just raying my shield instead of one guy being smart enough to disable me i would be insta dead, but no lets just complain when i hopped away after that failed attempt.

The rest of the guys quit because like ive been saying for YEARS there is nothing to do in this game if you are not a hardcore pvper. Whats there to do? pvp or farm pvp gear. I cant figure out for the life of me why they cant add a rare item or two on mob loot per patch. Atleast give the nonpvpers something exciting to loot while you figure the rest out.

18. chad

chad Celestial
    Loyal Hero

I would surely quit without bunny hopping.

My concerns are that we have absolutely zero things to do in this game that aren't PvP related in some aspect. Player holdings have zero value and the majority of people sit in capitals all day looking to use the billboards. There is still a global server lag when players log in -- easily noticeable if you pay attention to your friends list.

The ship has sprung leaks and instead of patching the holes, BPG is looking to adjust their sail.

19. Back Stabbath

Back Stabbath Goblin Shaman
    Hero

The game failed because the devs listened to a few "vets".... and now they are all about to jump ship. True story. The vet community that formed around ROA is pure cancer.

I cannot believe that after the amount of time and money they invested, they flushed it to try and appease such a sorry base. Time and time again they caved to a vocal few and drove the masses away . Proof is in the pudding my friends. whats the population at on a givin night? Argue all you want... I predict you guys will abandon the boards as well soon enuf.

20. splatterman

splatterman Goblin Warlord
    Tester

we are a cancer guys !!!!!!!!!!!!
    xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.