Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

This makes no sense

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owyn Magnus, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Back Stabbath

Back Stabbath Goblin Shaman
    Hero

I was talking about the Vets dude...not newbs.

I think if the game launched with only fresh players like yourself it would have had a chance.

2. Bear Forcefour

Bear Forcefour Goblin Scout

So true. Just let them play one with each other. Sad that there is no place for not top-tier-elite-pew-pew-star-wars players.

3. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Content maybe, but grind?? Dude its an MMO, there is a reason why games like old school runescape and now classic wow are making a comeback and those games have grinds that dwarf the shit of anything in Darkfall. All anybody spoke about was removing the grind, and yet after it was removed this game still died quicker than any other iteration of Darkfall, because as others have said there is literally 0 fucking content other than meaningless pvp, which is made even worse by all these try hard kids crying about fairfights online.

I enjoyed the fuck out of bunnyhopping when i played, but it doesnt mean its good for the game and holding it back from growing, and thats what most people who are left playing this game fail to understand.
    The glory days of this game are long passed, alot of that comes down the playerbase tbh, no true characters that make shit happen such as Frank/Xyz, just egos crying about fair fights. And yet the dumbest thing by far is BPG actually listened, removed things that should of been grown upon and turned into a selling point such as race wars.

Instead, we now have insta teleportation everywhere, instant gratification fights, zero politics etc etc, just look at the politics section in this thread, the amount of sieges that actually happen. This game is no longer an MMO, its the arena dumb fucks like Fnights called it all along.

4. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

The grind has already been taken care of and we have seen an increase in population since then.

Imagine that.

Chantree likes this.
  5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

no arguing that wof is stupid but that doesn't mean we cant have multiple discussions at one time going. It is ok to talk about all kinds of things in the game and everyone is entitled to an opinion right?

6. Lincoln Hawk

Legend

Oh sick dude, you got 200ppl playing instead of 50.

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Grind wasn't the biggest problem with keeping activity up people grind in every mmo in one way or another, it has always been content and all df has ever had in any version was pvp besides UW witch did add a little more different things to do but not nearly enough to make any kind of real difference towards keeping an active community long term.

8. Oresmacker

Supporter

Well it was a increase, obviously that means it brought more people than got more to leave. While with what you was suggesting more would just leave.

This server doesn't need 20k Care Bears to survive. I would much rather have 3-5k people that can handle a hard core game. And we can easily get that if they will just market the game when it is ready.

Edit: I am not a Darkfall vet. I am a beta baby. My father just raised someone with back bone and common sense.

#128 Oresmacker, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Slayven, Mc Nasty and Korag like this.
  9. Lincoln Hawk

Legend

Yea except MMO's dont work like that, and thats where the problem lies. You actually need some carebears, especially in a sandbox.
    There is nothing hardcore about instant, teleportation pvp, Ppl have Pubg, dota, Lol etc etc for that hit. Its easy and its casual.

The point I was making about the grind, is when the game launched its grind was waaaaaaaaaayyyy less than in previous iterations, and even with the scroll system etc, it did nothing to help stop the massive drop off in population, it in fact dropped faster than Df1.0 or even Uw. While the recent changes might of helped a small niche within the niche of people already interested in this game, its not the answer for any sort of Longevity or anywhere close to your dream 3-5k.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  10. Oresmacker

Supporter

I know it does, let Care Bears change care bear stuff, not pvp mechanics.

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

you think rune books are a negative? and what does instant teleport have to do with hardcore or not? I mean their is no correlation either way. It is a feature of the game nothing more.

12. Lincoln Hawk

Legend

Whats the difference between using a runebook to teleport to villiages for instant pvp than queing for a BG in WoW??

Why do people want holdings next to valuable mob spawns when they can just have a rune in their book that takes them there in seconds??

It depends what people want right, for people that play the game for only the fights, then sure its a good thing, but to me it leaves the game feeling shallow having no reason to fight other than being good, or to put someone in a video.

Edit- Im taking this way too off topic anyway, so Ill leave it there. Bunnyhopping to me is a fun mechanic, requires skill, helps to fight outnumbered etc etc. Is it good for the game on the whole?? Probably not, and if you took it away the same top groups would still be winning outnumbered with teamwork, better aim etc etc.
    Solo would be a little fucked though, every change has a casualty though.

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

huge difference.... How could you ask that with a straight face?
    You ever enter a BG in wow and have 5 or 10 or maybe nobody their? I never heard of that it isn't some kind of fair fight but it does mean you can go and fight should you decide to do so and the best part about it...You don't have to q and sit around waiting for it. You can do something else while you keep an eye on village timer. Then recall get a fight or not and then move on to the next thing. Once they do territory control and factions + the market we will see marketable improvements and more to do. Hopeful y champ spawns are fixed and worth the time and hopefully they add more useless shit to do/fluff so we have multiple options upon login.

Territory control.. Are you just here talking shit or do you actually follow what is going on?

It does and it doesn't depend on what people want because the game should have options so that multiple different opinions and options are available to people and I feel they are on track to provide some of that. They cannot make every kid with a bad attitude happy it just isn't possible so we live with it or move the fuck on right?

Bhop doesn't need talen away it should be their for tactical reasons for a quick withdraw or reset but it should be an " I can run away for 20 min and you cant do anything about it button"

14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

In a full loot game, reducing the grind for character and gear as much as RoA is a bad thing. Loot has become next meaningless, I care very little about losing or looting a bag now which is a real shame, was one of the biggest draws to the game for me.

The rune book system / billboard system I thought would be a good change, however it seems it has just resulted in people just sitting in safe zones waiting for villages to pop. You win / lose a fight at a village then you wait around for 30 minutes for the next one.

The reason there was such a huge drop off in population wasn't to do with bunny hopping, I highly doubt that even 1% of the players that have left, left because of the bhopping, its most likely that a lot of people left because of the crazy server lag that was going on.

I don't want bhopping to be changed, but even if changing it was a good thing for the game it is in no way an important issue. Things like WoF are more important than bhopping and even they are not an important change. The combat mechanics should be left as is for now.

What we need atm is a reason for people to go out into the world to do things, not just villages that happen once an hour. If there were people out in the world doing things it would create more pvp that isn't forced like villages or an arena would be, like I have seen people suggest alot.

We also need a reason to own holdings, because of a lot of the changes holdings have become next to worthless, we need a reason to fight over them. However the current siege mechanics are kinda boring, I would be interested to see siege mechanics that work something similar to the village system now. Capture points would be great for sieges.

For example you could have a wall / gate tower capture point, then a barracks capture point, then a guard tower capture point and finally a keep capture point. I would like it so you have to capture these in order, I would also like to see guard towers buffed by a large amount during siege times, these would have to be moved and have their range changed. The first capture point should be guarded by a weak guard tower, like they are now. The rest of the capture points the guard towers should be very strong to prevent people from going there to early. When you capture the wall / gate tower capture point it should weaken the guard tower to the barracks allowing you to capture the barracks, and so on for however many capture points / towers there is. Once you finally capture the guard towers capture point, the guard towers should be under your control, however in a weakened state.

This would allow for the defensive force to have strong defensive positions, which they could defend from and regroup and retake lost capture points. This would also allow for the removal of siege stones, which I dislike as a mechanic as you can ninja the stones, although I am not sure how this would work with hamlets.

Lincoln Hawk and Korag like this.
  15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I don't think people leave for the sole reason of b hopping but I do believe they get really pissed about it from time to time and it causes a loss of interest witch does lead to them leaving, it may not be the sole cause but to sit and act like it isntr a factor when we have 7 pages talking about it is just choosing to be ignorant about it. It is clearly a big issue, hard to say how big of an issue but it does cause problems. The question is, does it cause more problems than it solves?

Oh ya and those that do dislike it how do you think they explain it to people that had an interest but decided not to try it cause of a nerd rage about it. The game worked perfectly well before people even knew how to hop so we know it would work again without it.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  16. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Its 7 pages of the same few people shit talking each other.

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

yes their is some of that, but if you read it their are several people arguing both sides and I would say it is fairly even in numbers on both sides, so to push it aside like it isn't a thing doesn't make sense or solve anything it is clearly an issue no matter how much you don't want it to be

18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Man I feel like you have no view of the bigger picture and completely lack the ability to read between the lines. Its like you have to have the point explained to you when a 5 year old could infer it. So the point is that the devs have a limited amount of people, time and budget to work on the game, which means that to prioritize what they work on.

This means that they should work on important issues first. I personally consider bunny hopping to be an extremely low priority issue. You yourself has said that its fairly even on both sides, which means that what ever they do or don't do will annoy people. Which means what is the point in them wasting valuable time on something that will have very little impact either way. Say it is even and half the population leaves because of bhopping being kept in or removed. Either way you are accomplishing nothing. Therefor at least for not it is absolutely an issue that should be pushed aside, so that they can work on something else.

It will take time to do the research and find out what would ultimately be best for the game. It would also take time to re code the game to change bunny hopping. Then removing it would bring up other issues, mounts would 100% have to be changed if bhopping was removed.

19. Lincoln Hawk

Legend

Its actually not a bad comparison when you really think about it, the only difference is in a BG in WoW you cant leave the area (so to speak) you are guaranteed opposition/numbers and you dont lose your gear. But it truly is the same concept. People do numerous things in wow while waiting for ques to pop, and then they get their pvp hit when the que pops aka village timers go live.

How can you argue that such easy travel doesnt have an impact on the valuation of holdings?? It ofc could always be done, but now its cheap, waaaaay too cheap. A constant supply of runestones costs a shit ton of gold via trading or a fuck ton of time farming them. Now its one purchase, one travel, constant access.
    Ghanalaj used to be the best city on ruby by a mile due to being next to the best taint spawn in the game, evil eyes etc, plus having a mine. Why do you need to own that holding now when you can fucking travel there endlessly at hardly any cost??

@Sorrow Avaritia Nice post Dude.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol what nobody has argued about when they do the change to b hopping at all lol, why change the subject to something totally different. They have different people that work on content then those that work on fixes they have a TEAM it means they assign different people to different tasks with witch they are better skilled. You say explaining to me is difficult however when I have a 5 year old speaking yes It is hard to make sense of it.. so stop acting like your 5 years old and changing the topic totally due to one simple fact.. You have no valid argument to the current topic of discussion..
    I have entered a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent. I almost feel bad
    --- Post updated ---
    yes but your comparing a staged arena to an open world village with no rules and no arena so while they both may provide the opportunity for pvp the similarities end their.

Ghana still is cause anyone that goes their isn't going to have backup nearby and territory control system they are adding in a couple of patches will add even more reason to own that holding, you cannot argue a point when you do not have all of the information. If rune books were added and nothing else done then perhaps I would concede the point but you fail to recognize that isn't the end if it.

Houses in UO still held a higher value than others due to location even though anyone could mark a rune to any location and recall instantly. Player cities have a 500m radius in witch you cannot recall too now, in df1 rune stones were so abundant I had hundreds of marked and plenty unmarked should I need them, guild would have dozens or more of runs to multiple cities, you act as if it is some kind of huge difference from df1 when in reality it isn't they just removed the tedious part from collecting and having bags full of marked runes inside you bank. People traveled by runes before now they just don't have to waste tons of time remarking them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.