Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

THIS makes people quit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForFun, Jun 21, 2017.

1. ForFun

ForFun Goblin Warrior

Yesterday we had a server crash, and I've lost 8 plates sets from my personal bank due the server crash, and the GM told me there is nothing that he could do.

WALL OF TEXT

20 minutes before a crash server, I put materials in the clan bank for my friend makes 8 sets plate to me. He did it and put the bag back in the clan bank. I got the bag with the crafted plates and put it in my own bank. After about 5 minutes the server has crashed. When I came back, I realized that the bag with the sets in my bank had been lost. These items were not in clan bank neither in my friend's bank nor bag. Also, I checked to ensure that materials was not back due a rollback or something so, but I didn't have success to find these items. Then I asked for a GM help that after a while told me exactly that:

"We're not going to be able to recover any lost items or progress through crashes"

WTF?!? I lost items from my PERSONAL bank and there is nothing they can do? Where's the persistence?

Well, then I tried to open a ticket. Besides, I gave specific details about the bag that had been lost such as the name of the bag, who was the crafter that had made my stuff and every detail that I could give to help them to solve the problem. The answer:

"I do apologize for your lost items but we are not refunding lost items for a crash. If you would like forward your issue you can private message the head of the GM team Metalkon on the forums."

I wrote a message to Metalkon yesterday, but I have not received an answer yet.

My point here is: this is unacceptable. It's not a private server, it's a server where your customers pay to play. Furthermore, if you can't ensure the persistence of items in a personal bank, then the problem is very serious. At least we should receive a public note about that. Act like that makes me remember another company, that one that they blame for the game failure, Adventurine.

I have another friend that lost a few items in the same situation yesterday, and after complain about this problem in Discord I received a PM from another guy that had been lost about 100 maps from his small clan in the same situation. So I suppose it was not an unusual case. It is happening, and it is worrisome.

I could accept lots of server crashes in first days, server off-line for long time, de-sync, rollbacks and even lose my mounts or boats due server crash, however, lose items from my personal bank due their fault and hear that they can't solve my problem is frustrating.

I pay my subscription and supporting this game as much as I can, so I'd like to have the same treatment back. It's more than given items back, it's about respect ans transparency with their customers.

I didn't make it public before I've tried everything that I could do, they gave a shit. Yesterday it happened with me. Tomorrow it can happen with you.

gosti, KingLlama, Navlaan and 8 others like this.
  2. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

This post is an assault on my eyes

antix, Scrubby Bear, Zeiken and 3 others like this.
  3. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Undead Dwarf

This is just bad business on their part. They would rather just lose a customer or customers instead of just refunding 8 plate sets? Jesus.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Rocky and Amuru like this.
  4. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Definitely makes you wonder what this stupid persistence system that's been crippling the server since release is for if they can't even use it to restore items.

AdamWest, gosti, Kurise LXV and 3 others like this.
  5. Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup Goblin Warrior

It is unfortunate but this is pretty standard when it comes to bugs in a game.

They have to have this policy otherwise it would be easily taken advantage of.

6. MrDDT

MrDDT Goblin Scout

It's not standard. They can track that you are not lying. They have a log of all the items you've ever used or had. There is also a bank log if it was in the bank. I've had bugs happen in other games and they reimburse you.
    In fact I've never had it happen where a server crash or bug and they don't fix the issue.

What they don't do is fix lag issues and things where you die due to something like that.

Ferociter, ForFun and Khazgol like this.
  7. ForFun

ForFun Goblin Warrior

I agree with you that they should not give things to players just because they are saying something, however, they must to have control about our items to solve a problem like that in an appropriate and professional way. Or, at least, make a public note that we are in risk with our personal bank items because they don't have log or anything so.

8. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

I very much doubt the they don't have logs. Reimbursing lost items due to crashes might be annoying and require manpower, but it should be done imo. Maybe that will really light a fire under someone's ass to get the servers rock solid. I'm definitely happy most of the server lag is gone, but there is still a ways to go.

9. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

That's a sad story if I've ever heard one. Only suggestion would be to not do large orders until bpg gets the crashes under control

10. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Green text didn't read.

11. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

Are u that scumbag

12. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

It's most definitely not standard. In fact I don't think I've ever played a game besides darkfall where this is the case. It's just keeping AVs piss poor policy.

I remember in DFO there was a case where a GM mistakenly ported a player to an enemy race NPC city and the towers killed him and he lost a siege bag and the GM said he couldn't do anything.

Do you think that kind of policy is standard too?

13. ForFun

ForFun Goblin Warrior

It was intentional.

14. bertacus

bertacus Goblin Shaman
    Legend

[​IMG]

15. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I lost 10k do the server alignment and city recall shit at a npc city a couple weeks ago. Same thing they said to me they can't help me but thanks for telling us about the bug. Items weren't the issue I had it was the hour I spent in a dungeon. Wasted a hour of my life.

Khazgol likes this.
  16. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

17. Zyrre

Zyrre New Member

Didnt think the server crashes were that big a problem until we lost a pinnace to it. Ok its not insanely expensive, but the mats in gold + time it takes to trade it + time going out to sea and trawling around for a while = a ton of time just wasted. I imagine many people have stopped subbing due to similar issues.

18. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Similar thing happened to me. Luckily it was just a cheap mage gear bag

"I cannot verify that your story is true so I cannot reimburse your items" - GM

19. LordCaligular

LordCaligular Dire Zombie

Lost ~20k worth of essences that I had just traded to a clan mate from yesterdays crash as well.

Daily crashes are getting tiresome and seriously influencing my will to log on. Why are they still happening now well over a month past release? Sort it out and if you can't then hire someone who knows how to..

20. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

if they really wanted to compensate people for the crashes, maybe after each crash they add a small amount of nith coins to everyone's account just a though

Shredz and Dim Mok like this.