Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

THOUGHTS?

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Sero, May 6, 2018.

1. ijharb

ijharb Infernal
    Supporter

At least youre consistent, loved the capitalism jab there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sero and Marxman like this.
  2. Marxman

Marxman Frostjarl
    Loyal

Maybe replace "friendly" with "merc"? Friendly is pretty damn useless anyway isnt it?

I dont care if wary ever becomes useless, ill still always love hearing that "WARY!!" sound :grin:

3. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

This is hilarious because you have no idea what you're talking about. Brain dead.

4. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

We have problems with everyone showing up to every siege already.

You would have to pay them more than they would make from doing champ spawns or dragons without you to make it worth their while so wouldn’t it be pointless at that point.
    --- Post updated ---
    Already addressed this above thanks for playing though.

Did you show up for your bi weekly grumble about how it’s too hard to find people to kill?

See you again in a month or so ta ta.

Good Friday likes this.
  5. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

@Dixie Normus Have you logged on recently?

Let me know how many people scroach sieges or how much nutcupping occurs nowadays.

Once again - you're oblivious. Play the game for a bit, then post on the forums. You'll seem like less of an idiot.

P.s: I really like how you backtracked on your Dune Rats statement. It shows how much you care about always thinking you're right. No ego or anything.

6. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Already addressed this above thanks for playing though.

Did you show up for your bi weekly grumble about how it’s too
    lol I have 0 ego bud.

Will say I guarantee I log in more than you but I have a busy life sorry can’t be on every day. When I can be on I split time between playing RoA solo or playing other games with friends.

Of course no one scroaches sieges, there’s only 2 sides left( of the type of players who scroach sieges)

I’ll be on tonight. Here’s your chance to come kill me and take my bone armor and ridicule me for being bad at a video game. Hell I might even make it in your next video!

I’ve noticed most people in it aren’t trying to fight back but just to get away.

Must be a tough life chasing all those kills down.

I can run away in a straight line with my staff out too! Apparently that IS vid worthy.

Marxman likes this.
  7. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

It's moments like this I need that meme of the black dude pointing to his head.

[​IMG]

"Can't chase if you take sidestep."

8. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Infernal

Im sure there are many idea's around making a merc system work. A rank 1 merc will earn less then a rank 5 merc who has been hired 100 times and completed his tasks. Make them go rank up. Killing 20 players or 5 champs to go to rank 2 and etc. The higher you get the slower it goes of course. Maybe add in some cool titles with the ranks.

I think the real merc rewards should come from a merc nps or quest system. The higher the rank you have the better rewards you get. Making it worth for the merc and not a too high cost for clans to hire people. Maybe add in an option for a clan to adjust the payment and the merc to set a price for the service (a good pvper could ask more for their service)

People who are very good can showoff their pvp skills and actually work and earn rewards for their skills. Provides them end game content.

I think it can work if you put some thought to it. Can add a lot of depth and content. These are just some simple idea's. When the TCS patch comes out I think a lot of people could use an option to hire mercs to get some stuff done to stand a chance versus a bigger clan.

It will also bring a social aspect. We all get to play with more people then just your clan or Alliance. Sometimes even with enemies.

#248 Johhny Mad Dog, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Dixie Normus likes this.
  9. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

U could also play with siege Stone life...meaning u opt into siege..once opted in it takes a count of players on each side..then player ratios come into play and give the correct amount of siege Stone life...

30 peps opt in to siege 10 man opt in on opposing side... Stone life now doubles and is gaurd d by a few npc...giving more chance for 10 man to defend...any on not opt in to siege can’t attack either side of siege force for the duration..spit balling...numbers and nut cupping always been a problem..Merk work is ruff life but also an option..I don’t play waiting on to see how the tc goes..no need to bother with the trolls.
    Thoughts??

It would work just the opposite for 10 man opt in..siege Stone 1/4 of life and walls token down..siege mechanics were garbage in any iteration of darkfall..they really need something done to create a more fair experience for players..

People are also looking for more fights at sieges...not a one all in blow ur load and done..at least for me any way..there should be ways to truly test ur guilds might..even though ur out numberd..only guild I’ve seen test this was tsl..but it was so stacked with talent that numbers did not matter..people want fair fights and lots of them..and no thank u to arenafall to @rex

If u have more numbers u should have to defy greater odds..thing is here is now u have to look at player talent and ability..Squanto should count for 3...it’s going to be difficult for the roa crew accomplish fair fights but ultimately it’s what keeps people around..

#249 Slayven, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  10. ijharb

ijharb Infernal
    Supporter

Yeah cause opting in to a siege wouldn’t be exploited, unless the siege ended up taking place in a closed off instance.

11. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Exploited how..
    Siege vulnibility...vulnerable only to those invovolved in siege...no need to instance..it driops once siege is over..the Zerg nut cupping has destroyed every iteration on darkfall...entire clans leave. Just trying to help..
    I don’t get how this can be exploited. U opt in or u don’t..would help smaller clans stay relivemt..

12. ijharb

ijharb Infernal
    Supporter

/??????

Are you saying the stones are only vulnerable to people who opt in?

Half your force opts in, Wipe the other force and enjoy taking your sweet time knocking the stones down. How do you not see how easy that is to abuse?

13. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Yes only those involved can participate..taking down stone and all..another words it’s a locked battle that will scale one way or the other given numbers...all u ever hear about is how many u have...numbers...of numbers did not matter any more because Stone life and walls and things to make it easier for the little guys....I’ve seen so many clans just leave the game period because they got rolled over..pathetic really..little clans stand no chance in this game...

#253 Slayven, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  14. ijharb

ijharb Infernal
    Supporter

How do you prevent people from killing participants? Make them unable to be attacked unless by people who opt in? I see that opening up a whole new can of worms. You really haven’t thought through this at all.

15. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

I think he means only people opted in can attack each other and they can't be attacked by those not opted in. Still easily exploitable i.e blue blocking.

Slayven likes this.
  16. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

How..yes ur only attackable in the two hour window by opposing opt in participants

#256 Slayven, May 14, 2018
  17. ijharb

ijharb Infernal
    Supporter

Terrible idea. May as well make it instanced if we’re going that route.

18. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Nut cupping has killed the game feuled by a numbers game

#258 Slayven, May 14, 2018
  19. ijharb

ijharb Infernal
    Supporter

Dude I wish I could continue this discussion with you but your English is so bad my head hurts. You win this round.

20. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Scouting and blue blocking exploitable I see...
    People are opposed to instanced sieges??
    Let face it we just fun fair fights but don’t want an arena..difficult to achieve.