Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Three new mounts

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Doge_Of_Sunset, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Doge_Of_Sunset

Doge_Of_Sunset New Member

My idea is three new mounts of different criteria to tame/craft:

Warg- a demon wolf

Helliphant- a midsize armored elephant

Wyrm- a young dragon without wings different from the shulgan drake

Ive been chatting with many players about this and we all would like to see this happen for the sake of variety of mounts. We feal this is needed.

2. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Wildtribe Mage
    Wealthy Legend

How about they just get rid of all mounts since they are the same and then you purchase a mount skin on nithron store for which one you want. Similar to weapon skins and you just equip the one you want and boom profit. They could add your ideas into this as well as any new ones people come up with.

Battle Smurf and The Red King like this.
  3. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

I want the Territorial Control System no more fluff. A few new mounts isn't going to do anything to increase population.

Slayven and Featherbeans like this.
  4. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

I would like to see all of that introduced in the game. I really would. Fluff or not.
    No irony, no troll, no hypocrisy.
    Unfortunately, the more the game is changed (id est: virtually everything) the more broken the game will be.
    smh.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Deadeye

I think having a standard craftable mount with skins is a great idea. You could start with your racial skin and buy the other races and other skins they add on the store. People would definatly buy skins of mounts. Look at ESO, WoW etc mounts sell well.

I know its fluff but its a easy income stream for the game which means more money and more dev time spent coding changes like TCS.

6. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Literally every game has bugs when new content is introduced. It is not a BPG thing lol.

As I mentioned in a different thread, they are literally patching every day, trying to fix things and improve the game. What more do you want?

Blaze likes this.
  7. Miranda

Miranda New Member

I would love to see this implemented and more! Maybe adding other lvl tiers on the taming crafting menu, with the ability to craft mounts with more stam,speed,hp and different combinations of those etc...

As of now, the taming menu is the most underwhelming one with only 3 craftables. If you look at other menus, they have 20+ craftables ranging different levels from 1-100. The devs could even host a competition for people to design the mounts in the proper format ready to add into the game and the winner could maybe get some rewards and their idea implemented in the game? This way we aren't wasting precious dev time :)

Also guys, it is fair to say that these types of additions aren't game breaking whatsoever in terms of bugs.

#7 Miranda, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  8. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

eh if they add in new mounts I would prefer it to be skins tbh, adding new mounts with new hp/speed will mess something up in balance

Miranda likes this.
  9. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

What more WOULD I like?

-------

Every game has bugs when content is introduced...

Not every game has game breaking bugs everytime content is introduced. And that is a BPG thing.

Like floor not rendering or not being drawn, for example.
    Like running out of Virtual memory...
    Like not being able to apply enchanted gems on jewellry.
    Like going from negative to positive alignment and see gear not being drawn after a loading screen even if I have the gear slotted.
    Like not being able to mark runes on a book that is empty but the game says it's full and then I have to lose a lot of time contacting a gm to fix the books manually...

And so on.

Some of the bugs are really fucked up to live with, considering the nature of the game.

I know, you know, we know that "juggling" RoA code (changing, introducing content) is maybe more challenging than any other game.
    And I was just expressing that.

You react like these are minor bugs, that everything is normal and everygame have the same problems...

Everytime there is a big patch there is a myriad of bugs.

Are you trolling or what?!

What the heck.
    --- Post updated ---

I would like more testing BEFORE any small or big patch.

Some of the bugs could be easily detected and corrected before content is put on the live server - and you know it.

Anyway, @Geezy, make sure you remember this:

Even if we both disagree about basically everything in life there is still one damn thing that connect us: and that is the love for Darkfall
    (I know, @MerleisAirdburne, I'm repeating material).

Hugs.

(I edited a lot for readability)
    :D

#9 Featherbeans, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Saying that having game breaking bugs is a "BPG" thing IS pretty toxic, as well as dishonest. Lets get this straight; tons of games release buggy content, or hell stay in alpha/beta for extended periods nowadays, and those games all have a much larger staff than BPG. 7D2D, Conan, Escape from Tarkov, BDO, all come to mind. Considering BPG is working with a shoestring budget and a handful of volunteers, I'm willing to be a little more lenient than I would be with say ESO or Eve or other MMOs. If you don't share that sentiment, that's fine; just don't be disingenuous about why BPG puts out patches the way they do, as if they intend for these patches to not get the testing they need.

It's funny to me... the same folks that talk about having 'more testing before big or small patches' are the same ones who are constantly crying about 'no new content, game is dead' etc. The reality is, until RoA gets to the point where it can pay more of its staff, we're either going to get patches with less testing than anyone would like, where bugs will have to be fixed on the fly... or we'll get patches with an adequate amount of testing, but that take literal months to drop. I don't have to tell you which the majority of the playerbase has shown they would prefer, considering even WITH all the bugs, this has been the most well received patch quite possibly in the history of RoA.

I also want to acknowledge this statement: "Some of the bugs could be easily detected and corrected before content is put on the live server - and you know it." Says who? Look, it's simple; even when you have a handful of folks logging onto the test server to play around with new mechanics, bugs are going to slip through the cracks and only be found once they are on the live server, simply because there are more people playing the game on the live server than the test server.

I honestly don't have anything against you personally @Featherbeans, even if you do follow me around on the forums like a lost little puppy. But if you truly believe that BPG is intentionally putting out buggy patches... I'm honestly not sure what to say to that. If you 'truly' have a love for Darkfall, maybe you should give a break to the folks who are working their asses off to keep this version afloat, eh?

11. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

Nobody said it's intentional...

Now, for real,

You are an evolutionary Cul-de-sac, @Geezy
    Just let yourself go gracefully while you can.

xD

12. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I want a big giant rat with balls that drag behind it..
    Game saving for sure.

13. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Black Raptor mounts, or fuck your mother!
    --- Post updated ---
    200IQ suggestion