Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

To a dev

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aparks, Jan 22, 2020.

1. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Some mobs arent worth farming.

the thing I liked about Df1 was that people were out and about at almost every spawn killing stuff.

after dest locke changed the loot tables only a dozen or two mobs became worth the time to kill.

when bpg first started I was apart of the original team for lore.

I’m willing to offer my time to test mobs and what they drop per time to kill to re evaluate necessary changes to get people out and about farming more.

we all know what mobs drop but what we don’t all have info on is the time to kill ratio and to see how worth they are to farm.

many mobs need to be easier to kill to match crap drops or harder to match good drops or just need to drop more or less loot.

Pm me if interested in my time to help the future of Df. I believe every mob should be worth farming no matter how rich or strong your toon is. Even goblins should be worth farming to a vet if loot was corrected.

for example: simply adding a single bread loaf or a carcass bone drop to a lowly goblin would make them worth farming to most average players.

this would make it so when players are passing a mob spawn they will take the time to get off a mount and clear a spawn. Before going back on their way. Which would also mean more potential pvp in open world.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 aparks, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Thrill Kill likes this.
  2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Contributor Legend Streamer

Now switch this from assassin parks to yomi and watch the ban hammer slip

3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Well in DF1 you had actual long term character progression which made fighting almost anything loot wise as long as u got skill ups worth doing

In DF1 loot drops were also (MUCH at first few months of launch) lower across the board with no massive high end resource faucets like spawn scaled mobs or spawn scaled villages dumping gold out of thin air. DF1 village gold was tied directly to house taxes of people living in the villages.

In fact DF1 mob spawns were often linked which created even more scarcity and competition driving territory control and open pvp

And there were literally 100x more players online fighting over these things

In RoA few things seem worth farming because of rampant inflation, too many high end resource faucets given to a much smaller amount of players, no need to spend literally 20,000,000 gold on regs to level bought from vendors, and not enough sinks.

The economy is fundamentally broken and having infernal/ justice bringers/ cobras and q3/4 enchants as a "standard" small scale pvp bag was never intended to be the norm for so many players

I don't see how increasing high end resource faucets on even more mobs (thus leaving fewer organic pvp territory control spawns) is going to make things better now

But I agree the launch loot tables and overall economy was done extremely poorly, and I offered multiple times to redo them myself for free years ago.

The #1 take away is that almost all the little things that the short sighted people here now call "tedious" existed FOR VERY IMPORTANT REASONS IN DF1, by removing and changing them BPG and most of the current player base directly killed the economy and open world pvp even faster

SCARCITY DRIVES CONFLICT and gives you the outcome you want OP, where more mobs are worth killing and thus pvping over

4. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I agree with everything you say. Unfortunately we are pass a point of no return unless we do a total overhaul. So the only thing to do now is make all spawns attractive. Actually not only spawns but all ingame activities

Thrill Kill likes this.
  5. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Deadeye

I agree some mobs need a loot adjustment. They have made some progress by adding dye crafting components and pigments on many mobs that were under valued. I just did a post on discord about how some higher level mobs that drop tonnes of Q1 and Q2 mobs make the lower level mobs that drop a few of the Q1 and Q2 per kill under valued. We might end up getting the loot on the mob tooltip (teaser from Neilk). If we do it would give us accurate data to feedback what mobs need adjusting to make them worth while. I mean worth while for different player levels e.g. Newbie, Intermediate, Advanced, Solo, Small Group, Large Group.

6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

DFO had the best end-game pve ever when you count-in any mmorpg. I wish we could go back to that.

We constantly had to farm on a rotation and trading was great as a result.

Steedgrass, b-spikes(for vcp'S), p-shards, even q3's were as rare as q4 so they were always valuable. PVP hot spots were actually hot because ppl had To get those items on a daily basis.

today, you can cap q3; you can make 200 q3 mats per hour and stare at bank. This game is boring as-hell.

I personally cap q3 except for feather infernal helmets and cobra staff magnitude. Those items are my only form of grind at this point.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  7. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

do daily dungeon, drop gold 110 pots/rare/maps/enchanted gems + pvp and u dont lose gear bag in there.

they gonna do daily dungeon on 4 sub island, higher risk but better reward i think.

The Red King likes this.
  8. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

your missing the point. Every mob spawn should be worth stopping to farm

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Contributor Legend Streamer

I disagree, some mobs such as goblins are a designed mob for only purpose of teaching a player basic mechanics and getting them used to the game. Other mobs should serve basic plot elements (to bad all these years and no one gave us a storyline questline to follow)

10. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO

11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

how no? we had plenty pvp in the open world. place one foot at a sele golem and you are dead.

what game has better end game pve than dfo?

#11 Scrapnotcrap, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Dude, have you ever tried to do the Mahirim quest arcs?
    One of the storylines finishes at a crypt building, inside that place in the center map that is riddled with hooded ones.
    Scary AF.
    Said that, that is the only story line I can remember and i did all of them on mahirim.

Was a pain in the ass to get the "book of whatever" (can't remember the exact name) from inside that building without getting blocked and woffed by Hooded ones.
    Easy when i spawned a battlehorn and cast beacon on the beast on the opposite side of where i wanted to go to attrackt all the mobs away.
    Speaking about PVE. Bellow is @Geezy running to the next thread I post in, looking to get spanked.

[​IMG]

(just wait for it... Full control HAHAHAH)

#12 Featherbeans, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  13. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

best end game pve ever duuuude

Sique likes this.
  14. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

That’s another thing I’d help do for free to is write lore for quests like I originally was going to do. The other lore guy was no no no and so nothing ever got done and we got tasks which are awful. Idk how people like killing 1000 things for a crap reward and no lore @Andrew

15. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

??? Umm, no. Maybe in the first 6 months of release.

16. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

any game that has raids

so almost every traditional mmo ever

MaxiHori likes this.
  17. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

shots fired

18. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

The quests in game are pretty good the problem is the reward is 15 arrows and 200 gold lol

Mea Kulpa, aparks and Blaze like this.
  19. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

A few of them gave/give runestones.

20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

demon got removed if recall so that dont count.
    --- Post updated ---
    instances lol.

darksouls has better end game pve than any theme park mmorpg. its none stop pvp at the most populated locations.