Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Poll To keep or to remove billboards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Jul 26, 2019.

?

To keep or to remove billboards?

1. Keep billboards.

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Remove billboards.

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

To keep or to remove billboards?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Removal of billboards requires something else to take it's place.

(LIKE AN ARENA)

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

For Arena's, i rather have arena's than a billboard. Arena's are fair while every billboards can be zerged at any time from 0-600. Past 600, it's harder now to travel instantly to them with the new state of runebooks. 10 caps a villages. If you don't have 10 players, you not going to port your group to the next VCP in fear that you will get zerged.

If billboards gets removed, the rewards for VCP's would have to be better to match the time it would take to travel/port to them. I don't think it would be possible to bring a legion of alts to cap VCP's again without billboards. And to think there would be less pvp is wrong imo. For some reason, DnD easily had more pvp. I mean, it wasn't possible for the same guys to visit every VCP's for as long as they were online so it brought less fear, more players for an entire day.

4. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

Why not keep billboards but re-add a few of the old style vcp's ?

5. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Add a third option to change - 2 players enter portal closes / 2 teams of 2 enter portal closes, etc
    That my pick

6. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

When the poll for remove darkfall forever?

Bilboards work fine but 30 minuts are to many ...and players spawn to much close ....

The old runestone sistem was better but whitout the possibility to mark runestone close to monster spawn...

Methodico likes this.
  7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I think that would be good. By old style, you mean: requiring battle-spike, boat or canons? I would love that. We need more variety.

VCP portable via billboard.
    VCP's requiring siege damage to cap(not portable).

Inkarnation and Chantree like this.
  8. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

if you dont want to get zerged at a billboard village, go to one of the 2 or 3 alternative villages that are live at the same time. dont really understand your issue when both options are available

9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

If i don't wanna get zerged at billboards, i zerg them, but when that happens, nobody comes backs. So i personally don't really need to travel to a none portable billboard. I talk about getting zerged, but i zerg a lot.

It's free caps after free caps, but the reward is lackluster so we stop capping. When the reward was actually good, i was farming VCP's as if it was pve. Ppl actually kept coming back too. The blackwater vs defiance days at almost every vcp was super fun. It's no longer like that.

How can you expect more ppl to come when the winners can spawn at every VCP? In any ranking game, when you clearly lose to someone, you don't queue-up too quickly or else, you might come across him again just to lose (happens a lot in super smash ultimate elite mode).

Ppl have complained about VCP's getting zerged. Ppl actually asked for the rewards to be nerfed which is crazy. So BPG listened to them and they nerfed VCP's. Alts getting a large sum was mostly the issue here, but the response for that was weak imo. The best alt prevention was making us requiring siege damage to cap VCP's only to get rewarded.

With none portable VCP's, i'm sure more ppl will chose to travel only to cap all of them. Again, it was like that on DnD. I played it. at any time of the day, VCP's were packed with different set of players. It felt like a mini siege everytime. Yesterday morning, we had a portable VCP on yssam. I was busy marking 6 runes on cairn and no one capped it when cairn actually had ppl roaming, farming and raiding our holdings