Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

To the community and BPG....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Money Mike, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Money Mike

Money Mike Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

This is a call to arms from the community and BPG.

Obviously if you are reading this thread, you are taking time out of your day to be on the forums for a game you care about.

I will say that Darkfall is one of the most fun games I've ever played. Started playing during UW and was sad to see it go.

This is our 2nd chance at a great game to succeed in the hands of a new company.

The game needs work, I know it, you know it, we all know it. But it takes patience.

With that being said, each and every one of us needs to do what we can do help the game succeed in the time being.

The community and staff of games is what makes or breaks the sustainability of an MMO.

What we can do:

• Stop being so damn negative on the forums.

For obvious reasons. This looks very bad for someone who is considering the game and is instantly turned away from all of the negativity. I get that people want to post issues and concerns, and that's okay. But it seems there are WAY more of the same negative posts than anything constructive. I think we should move towards more polls: in game, email, and forums. Also, if BPG ever did favor certain clans and there is 100% proof, they are idiots. Not taking an unnecessary stab at the company, but this is a business at the end of the day.

• Stop grieving new players

If you are roaming around NPC cities and starter spawns looking for newbs to kill, you are a bitch. Straight up. This is the time for these new players to get used to the game and get on their feet. They shouldn't have to worry about being ganked in starter areas. As of right now, this is the "tutorial island" for newbs to learn the game, ask questions, and get concepts down. What are your pixels going to mean if the game dies? This game is very time consuming to learn and we've all been there. A smart thing UW did was prevent all PvP in starter areas. Idc if people are gonna say "they need to learn, blah blah". You're right, but let them learn at their own pace. What you can do in starter areas is very limited. Sure it would help player retention.

• Offer a makeshift mentor system

If you understand the game well, offer to help newbs out. Add them as a friend, take them to new spawns, show them cool things about the game, duel with them. Show them why you love the game so much. I know some people are doing this and I applaud you. There are so many aspects to this game and people shouldn't really be bored unless you grind the game 10+ hours a day. I've been playing since launch, pretty casual, but I still feel like there's a lot I can do/explore.

• Finish the wiki

A game like this absolutely needs a finished wiki and a link should be available at character conception. I was looking at a wiki page yesterday and there were sections that were completely blank. I don't think this would take much time if qualified players chipped in where they could. But this is a major priority. Especially with a game like Darkfall where the learning curve is very high. Once it's finished, advertise the shit out of the wiki.

• Let the BPG team work

You truly have to understand that they have a small team that can only accomplish so much on top of their daily lives. This is a project for them, not a job. Sacrificing all that time and money and seeing how ungrateful the community is, I'd say to hell with all of you... Jk lol. But you guys do need to cut them some slack. I will admit I was disappointed with the 3 month roadmap but I'm sure other changes will come about. Just give them their time and let them work. Don't constantly call them out on the forums/discord etc. so they have to explain the same things over and over, wasting time.

• Spread the word

I know there are tons of people out there looking for an Ultima Online clone and I will say this is the closest one I've found. If this wasn't the case, there wouldn't be thousands of people still playing the OSI shards, let alone hundreds of people on the freeshards. Look at forums, people like sandbox games like this. This is a good game and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it.

@BPG Do please look at this project with a business sense though. If you guys are lacking in development experience or developers please, please, PLEASE hire an external programmer or developer who understands the games code and can do what you want them to do.

Time is money and you have to spend money to make money. Even if you had to take out a loan to do so, think about the return on investment. Could pump out content much quicker and make the game feel finished instead of a rushed release.

Then you go to steam, MMORPG, pay twitch streamers, etc.

Also, take exploiters and hackers very serious as they will truly destroy your game. I've quit before due to intel of dupers, exploiters, and hackers. Disheartening when you're doing things the right way. Bring back the banhammer page. No reason there shouldn't be one.

TLDR; Use common sense and do what you can to help the games population. There are issues. Be patient. Imperfect darkfall with a lot of potential > no Darkfall. We're in this together.

Long ass post, ik, but I don't want to keep logging on the game if I feel it's going to die, so we need to take control now or watch Darkfall fail a 3rd time... Thanks for reading.

P.S. Feel free to add anything else we can do as a community.

2. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

They need to get whatever guy moderated the forums for AV up in here for some swift justice and censorship. If you even thought about posting how you were quitting and the game sucked he would ban you and give your account a strike before you even hit post.

Ajken, Kalos, cloudshine and 4 others like this.
  3. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

yea i dont know why those threads are even allowed. I get the free speech and everything, but when you have people making the same threads, labeling them some form of "i quit", with the same concerns, you are beating a dead horse at that point and all they do is hurt the game further with other people reading that shit

Sique, TryHard, STDIO and 2 others like this.
  4. Money Mike

Money Mike Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Please don't start arguing on this thread, contradicting xD.

The Cannibal likes this.
  5. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

It would be petty nice if the forums were actually a place were people could talk about things related to the game. I'm all for it.

6. Drago

Drago Deadeye

Imo lot of what op says is right but the reason is that thw game was released to early. Instead of rushing release game should have been launched with a working alignment, enhanced npe and auction house stable servers and many other flaws of dfo fixed.

YOu only get one chance for a first impression.. I really like my time in roa but it seems they just released way prematurely. So i got my hopes on dnd getting it right, taking time to fix the flaws of dfo before officially launching.

7. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

i like this

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Money Mike likes this.
  8. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Lets keep the thread on topic please.

9. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

This has nothing to do with the original post, gj
    --- Post updated ---
    Also can we please sticky this

10. Clavicus

Clavicus New Member
    Tester

Agree with op 100. Id also like to add as a community we should support our streamers. If you are able. pull up someone who is streaming roa and just lurk with it muted to help their viewer count if you dont want to actively watch / have sound. It pushes the game up on twitch games list so it isn't at the absolute bottom with games like Sonic the Hedgehog. Which in turn helps randoms see their streams and inquire about roa.

Some streamers I have personally watched.

Gbunny1. Good smaller scale pvp. You can learn from watching good players play.
    JonahVeil. I havent seen him streaming much lately but he literally live streamed a siege. It was cool as hell. Its nice to be able to see a group of good players play.
    Sepekuu. I believe new to darkfall started in roa. He streams pvp and his other Ichimarus that you can hear on his coms are funny. Has a positive attitude towards pvp and Ive watched a couple of his streams where he goes to Gentlemans holding to end his stream knowing he will get zerged and die for luls.
    Most people know Strangereligion who also has a relentlessly positive attitude and just wants to have fun which makes watching his stream enjoyable even if sometimes all he does is derp around.
    TheSecretDFO. Another good pvper with small scale pvp
    Poetenttv. Streams whatever hes doing. He streamed a siege a few days ago with a delay which was still interesting to watch. He had his kid (i beleive) on killing a rat and a cat the other day that was funny too.

Theres a lot more streamers that stream from time to time that I havent mentioned. Just throwing out a handful.

And chill on stream sniping ppl..

strangereligion likes this.
  11. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Supporter

You know what we need? GM Plutxii. Seriously - that dude was amazing.

edit: Not sure if I spelled his name correctly. But he was awesome.

I once sent a GM report, saying that I came back after a few months off from DFO, and I was in a city formerly owned by allies. The GM report said something to the tune of "I'm getting zapped in the butt, and can't get out."

Plutxii came answered by saying, "How can I help with your rectal discomfort?"

It's been at least six years, and it's like it happened yesterday.

12. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Gravelord
    Supporter

These top teir vets argue and plead to stop exploiting, dont gank noobs, help them out before the game comes out. What do they do upon release? Exploit, cheat, punish and exodus noobs. Content can't come fast enough and we are losing players probably daily. Its obvious the population took a huge dive and the game is basically still the same except some QoL changes from launch. Sounds negative but that is what the situation is.

13. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

Need more threads like this and less forums from morons. +1.
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mighty Mouse likes this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

None of them even quit. The guys who quit just quit, these guys are still playing. It's just cries for attention or ND fanbois trying to trash the game.

Ansem and Kalos like this.
  15. Bradtide

Bradtide Crypt Guard
    Contributor Hero

Stfu you dumb liberal hippy bitch.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature