Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Top Concerns you have with RoA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGhost25, Jul 6, 2017.

?

What are the most disappointing aspects of RoA for you? (choose up to 5)

1. Character Grind

45 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Gear Grind

64 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Pvp Content

78 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Build Diversity

133 vote(s)
    52.0%
  5. Fluff Activities

100 vote(s)
    39.1%
  6. Crafting

22 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Sieges

53 vote(s)
    20.7%
  8. Trading

42 vote(s)
    16.4%
  9. Group Pve

63 vote(s)
    24.6%
  10. Gathering

16 vote(s)
    6.3%
  11. Pvp Balance

50 vote(s)
    19.5%
  12. Alignment System

130 vote(s)
    50.8%
  13. Naval Content

42 vote(s)
    16.4%
  14. Forums Toxicity

71 vote(s)
    27.7%
  15. Questing

43 vote(s)
    16.8%
  16. Tasks

27 vote(s)
    10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sethisto

Sethisto Goblin Shaman

I had a LOT of fun with Darkfall for the first month when everyone was out there doing stuff and leveling up, but I honestly haven't gotten on in a while. Once I finished leveling my spells up I got bored.

I don't like going red and dicking people farming, and I feel like that is pretty much endgame at the moment. That means I don't have any reason to be logged in 24/7, and most pvp in DF is spontaneous so i'm not around to do it. In UO, reds were the sociopathic players that just wanted uneven easy fights to murder and ruin shit, and that was fine, but don't make it endgame for everyone.

Some things I wish were in DF:

• Alt characters. Limiting the # of skills a player can have creates builds. Right now everyone is the same 2 pvp builds in DF.
    • Portals! Recall runes were everywhere. Clicking a book in my inventory got me to a hotspot instantly. In DF it's a 30 minute journey. I don't know why this game is so into the idea of taking forever to get some action. I've done the 3 hour city raiding wander thing before, and it was a snoozefest the entire way. I guess it's for sieges? But UO had factions (basically the same thing with way more world domination), and they functioned fine with people being able to teleport everywhere freely. Imagine if every village could instantly be contested by a giant FFA of guild groups, random scroachers, and whoever else wanders into the portals. There would be action all day. Right now it's a nightmare to find some PVP that isn't jumping a half dead farmer at troll lords.
    • Way more housing spots outside of villages and more interesting housing in general. The world is pretty much empty everywhere. Why not slap a ton of new house plots out there and give people something to work for? We don't need 5 minute runs between poi's. Add a ton more to the construction system for furniture and junk instead of making it rare drops. Housing just seems pointless unless you scooped a cairn or middle map cottage/villa. There is no value in storage when bank space is almost unlimited. It's kind of a testament to how terrible the travel is in this game that people are willing to dump that much time and money into a glorified bindspot, and now that all the useful areas are gone it's even more worthless.
    • More fun tradeskill / gathering. Once you hit 100, the super rare colored ore is just boring to farm for masteries. Durability is a great idea and solved UO's issue of crafted stuff eventually being flooded, but past r40's it's just not fun anymore.
    • Better TMAP system. I had an entire character dedicated to TMAPS and SoS Bottles in UO. A treasure hunter built for fighting off the swarms of mobs that spawn when you dig up a chest. In DF you just travel for 30 minutes, smack the ground, and it's over. It's really uninteresting.
    • More fishing and fluff stuff. It shouldn't go from boring solo activity -> krakens. There really should be some middle ground stuff to do. SoS Bottles and stuff in UO were awesome. Again, on my treasure hunter character.

I honestly think you could fix a lot of the boredom and travel issues just by opening portals to active villages in NPC/Chaos cities and making them temporary lawless areas. Most people playing this just want some pvp, and when the majority of it takes FOREVER to find or get to with a very high chance that it wont even be at the place you are heading toward, it's just not worth bothering with.

Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on DF since there is a ton of potential here and i love a lot of it. I'm just going to pop over to something else for a bit while I wait for a few patches.

(inb4 "not the game for you". It's advertised as a sandbox pvp mmo and originally based on Ultima, but it's missing way too much)

#101 Sethisto, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Damphousse

Damphousse Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

For me the 3 biggest, in no particular order, are PvP balance, Group PvE, and PvP Content.

PvP balance - I'd like to see instant casts, Wall of Force, and other buffs removed.

Group PvE - I don't have a good suggestion, but as the game is right now I regularly have to turn people down who want to farm because it's not efficient to farm with anything more than 2-3 people. There either needs to be more larger group oriented spawns or they should all scale so that any number of people can go farming and do it efficiently.

PvP content - Good PvE hotspots are good PvP hotspots. Buff some mobs or add new ones that drop good loot. Old center dungeon was a good example of a PvP hotspot. Same with old devils, demon, etc. All the nerfing to mobs has reduced PvP as well.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Schnid likes this.
  3. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Most released games that aren't this bland and broken don't patch that often. Ones that are this broke and bland die. Go ahead and argue your patch schedule all day long. No one cares if it is once a month or sooner. The game is in bad shape to have been released. The fact that you guys stated you set your goal of keeping the number of players dfo had at the end would be good enough was concerning. Now a bunch of those vets are bored and going to other games. What are we gonna get? A poor trading system. That should bring them back....

#103 kilrath81, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    about0 and Bandido like this.
  4. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

What I hate the most is how nerfed to shit PvE content is. PvE is like the bread and butter everyone does it content of most games.

PvE has never felt as unrewarding as it does now. It feels like you barely make any forward progress for the time you invest into it. Many mobs have more HP which made them even more tedious and brain dead bullet sponges. They uncapping of mob damage made it even harder, yet loot was nerfed substantially. It all adds to be the most tedious pve DFO has ever had. Selentine and Veilron golems as an example are complete fucking jokes now. There needs to be multiple golems at each spawn, or more per golem.

Zeiken and Schnid like this.
  5. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Mob drops some mobs suck dick for their difficulty. Mobs healing each other.

I think all races should be red to each other like alfar a used to be.

Tasks don't give enough med points.

Med points too costly.

Scrolls too costly.

Need house foundations all over the world and need more bind spots to them. House cost is crazy and crafting time to long.

Clans need better ranking system and permissions sgs need their own tier bank for treasury

Clans piggy backing cities needs to also donasset damage not let first clan take down all walls only.

Holdings need portal chambers with big cool down.

Some holdings need an upgrade to crafting station locations and nodes. Zag only has a farm for example and stations real far. Priorities need to be removed for city building. Walls should be first before keep 3 etc.

Siege hammers need a buff.

Mount sprint on and off sucks

People also run to easily w mounts

Nodes should fill faster

6. Drago

Drago Deadeye

I hate the inexistant trading, everything is super tedious if you dont have an alt.
    The new fast gather with rare ore scarcity is creating a huge gear gap for casuals.
    ROA is designed for nolifers imo. Would be nice if some method of catching up was in the game, like offline meditation, and/or Powerhour.
    I am used to New Dawns Spawn scaling which makes the Group pve experience infinitely better and more fun.. For real have a look and do something similar already.
    Infinite Bunnyhopping is retarded imo, add some risk to it with death by falling dmg.
    Alignment system is plain broke. reds in npc cities that will get you killed if you attack them, who thought thats a good idea??!!

What should be said at the same time.. Roa is so much better than the original Darkfall already, havent regretted my time in it so far.

7. Sepeku

Sepeku Goblin Warrior

I can't say this enough but traveling in this game is the worst part about it. The map is too big for the amount of players. I've brought probably 20 + people to this game and the close ones who I talk to quit because of the massive travel time. Especially as a newer player who dies easily, traveling is an even bigger burden. There needs to be ways to get to certain areas quicker, much more portals. Really good farm spots can be kept at a 15 + min run from any portal e.t.c, but I feel like I shouldn't have to run 30+ minutes to POTENTIALLY find a fight at a place I really want to check. Sometimes it takes 30 mins to check one spot, then 30 to check the other and both spots have 0 players. You basically have to have a huge amount of time on your hands to enjoy Darkfall as a newer player in its current state

8. euseka

euseka Goblin Warrior

Maybe more accessible hotspots for people looking for PvP would be better than making it easier for people to get to and jump people trying to skill up.

DarkGhost25 and Mycke like this.
  9. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Excellent post, well written, and agree with basically everything.

10. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Bulk order deeds would do well in Darkfall as well

Npc factions that fuck over the entire server attack player holdings
    These guys play to crush they should be feared blah blah

Glad to see build diversity on top..finally

#110 Slayven, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  11. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

I don't quite get the specialization problem, couldnt you add more things like the destroyer bonus? Like "water specialization" gives you 20% more dmg with water spells, 20% fire dmg reduction but takes 20% more dmg from things like thunderstorm.

What do you mean by specialization? like removing the need to use melee from mage?

Skelly likes this.
  12. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Shaman

Build diversity has always been a serious issue with Darkfall. Why do you think Unholy Wars was created?

Skelly likes this.
  13. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@Fishsauce As a cash grab and an attempt to bring DF to console?

The combat has never been the problem. The lack of sand in the box is ubiquitous outside the scope of PvP related activities.

about0, Grisvok and Dixie Normus like this.
  14. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Don't waste your time with fish, he is a bad troll that hasn't played the game since the 1st month of launch

15. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

The core mechanics of combat aren't going to change, so why does it matter how artificially diverse builds are? Do you just want different colors for nukes?

AV didn't have the resources for "perfect imbalance", and neither does BPG.

The Cannibal likes this.
  16. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

This is what i mean no vision no spearhead who says ok i listended to the community this ia whatvwe are going to do to make the game grow!! But no i feel like the devs listened mainly to the hardcore pvp vets and barely did any changes which was wrong because they will always b here but everyone who has left for many reasons will not. Its hard typing on my phone!!

MaxiHori likes this.
  17. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

I just came back to casually grind up a char and the lack of a marketplace really sucks for a solo new player (I know they will be in soon). With marketplaces I could sell stuff i'm farming so I could then buy stuff like bone and r50s. Right now I cant really do either so im in mob drop leather with r0 staves. Someone who comes from a different MMO trying this game out will experience this and say- 'i've been playing for weeks and im in starter gear this sucks im out'.

But after you level up a character in darkfall, the game shifts to siege/political/pvp stage and right now there isn't an incentive to hold holdings so I voted 'siege system'. The core value of holdings (portals) was removed and not replaced with something else. Therefore the endgame has no carrot for clans to chase.

18. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Give it a patch or two

Fengor likes this.
  19. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Yep I had same problem. Came back, had no way of trading, quit.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

seriously? preventing it just needs to be pvp content and more pve/fluiff content to spread people out. With pvp content you not roaming for 4 hours. How can you have had anything to do with darkfall + work on darkfall and ask that question. Considering it has been told to you guys since this started and talked about/bitched about since df1.
    --- Post updated ---
    tooo cumbersome? portal system? Have ya not heard about rune book travel?
    --- Post updated ---
    tooo cumbersome? prot
    maybe not getting banned, It helps with end game content

Dixie Normus likes this.