Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Tornado needs reworked/buffed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jun 23, 2017.

1. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Streamer Legend ANN Reporter

Tornado is a cool spell. I think it has a good range and decent cast time now but the damage is really underwhelming. I got it to 58 and I have 50+ air intensify and it does 22 damage to the front to someone in bone when I use a black bolt. The cool down is rather long as well, far too long actually.

My suggested changed are one of the following:
    1. Make it insta cast
    2. Increase the damage to be on par with other level 90 spells
    3. Put Tornado on the same global as magma, make Tornado's CD the same as magma and increase it's damage to be on par with magma. This way it gives you a choice and a little more diversity to playstyles.

As of right now we have r90 nukes, r50s, rays, field aoes, and Magma (which doesn't share globals) I would like to see meteor strike, magma, and tornado on the same global. (obviously meteor and tornado needs to be on par with magma before that happens).

Magos, Nat, Wes Furtive and 4 others like this.
  2. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

I'd rather it not be changed to just another whirlwind effect and have an added physics effect that pulls people aside from the caster up for a second or two.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I suggested giving it a knockback effect, but was told it would resemble a skill from a dead game and I would probably get yelled laughed at for bringing it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3 kilrain, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  4. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

AOE WITCHES BREW BUT GIVE STAMINHAW

5. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

wtf , terrible excuse ... if a change is good its good, who cares about the dead game. do people really think it died because of tornado knockback? JFC

6. Papito

Papito Goblin Scout

It should be a knockback, it is r90 not some low level spell. Has cast time and long cooldown.

7. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

It's a combat change therefore immediately shit on by certain people on these forums, who also happen to be the same people the devs listen to (proven true by his post in this thread)

Fawley likes this.
  8. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

It's similar to the whole "new dawn made this change therefor it sucks". Like...why are people even paying attention to what new dawn has done if they don't like it? I sure as hell don't pay attention to their stuff because I have no interest in their game.

9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Bullshit. The joke was against taking ideas from the game so many hated and had nothing to do with anyone on these forums. I listen to all suggestions and completely ignore who these suggestions come from. Period. I get sick of reading baseless assumptions that anyone has any more influence on the outcome of our decisions than anyone else.

Ylahoto, Lexendros, Mo Fugga and 8 others like this.
  10. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

Um... pretty sure that was in reference to UW?

11. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

it should probably be a 40 dmg 360 degree aoe that stays where you casted it like whirlwind, but then make it last 6 seconds and give it a push like an inverted WOF, but 2x stronger

12. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Keep damage low and make it a knock up. Tornado in plenty of games has a toss up effect.

13. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

tornado is extremely strong already lol, if it was given a knockback, it would have to do 0 dmg

Fengor likes this.
  14. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Streamer Legend ANN Reporter

Tornado is not extremely strong at all though. Maybe you're thinking of thunderstorm? I was really disappointed in the damage once I leveled it up.

15. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Not as disappointed as I was in you for responding to Super Star

Dixie Normus likes this.
  16. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

no, im talking about tornado, not every spell needs to do absolutely insane dmg and put in the most optimal dmg rotation. Tornado is a niche spell that was already buffed and there are situations to use it where it is in fact better than shooting something else; it also doesnt share cd with anything else

it does 30/12 to the front and 43/17 in the back to someone in bone/leather fillers using a normal unenchanted bb at 100 air intensify

#16 Super Star, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Sero and Fengor like this.
  17. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

if theres 1 thing i wouldnt like seeing its more CC for mages tbh, especially cc that is a direct counter to destros best bet at winning a fight against a mage (melee)

tornado could be cool, but not if it was changed to be uw tornado

18. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

That would be the likely reaction, especially from me. Imagine the Destroyer tears though. I think if the cast time was very fast or instant with a medium damage (not 22 lol) then it could be a very viable spell. As it is now, when you're in melee or against a destro at all you're definitely not going to risk being close range with your staff out.

The DFUW version was WILDLY powerful. Like a free 5 seconds of melee invulnerability essentially. It was like getting juggled by two fireballs one after the other.

19. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Tornado has a single purpose. A nearly instant cast time spell for getting a free 40 damage when someone is running away statting outside of melee range. It does more than enough damage because of the range of the spell.

Sero, Super Star and Fengor like this.
  20. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

How about making it a field effect that moves with the user kinda like that retarded air ult in UW but without the retarded duration and damage.