Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Tornado needs reworked/buffed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jun 23, 2017.

1. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

I know it may seem kind of funny and it was told to you in a joking manner but I can't imagine this is the only suggestion where development was torn on pulling the trigger on.

You guys had an entire beta to just say "fuck it, let's change this and that and if it doesn't work, we'll rework or change it back" all because of the similar responses you'd get from your tryhards or anyone else in the cool kids club.

The game won't evolve and in your company's mind, it shouldn't have to evolve because you've built the perfect game.

Beasty, Brown Dorf and Mycke like this.
  2. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Though you phrased it harsher than I would have, there is a strong core of truth here, by building the game on DFO2012 nostalgia they are somewhat stuck there, making changes to combat is almost taboo, which may be fine for the short run. The question is how do they improve and evolve a game built on 5 year old nostalgia, because no matter how much the vets hate the idea, at some point it has to be done.

Brown Dorf likes this.
  3. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

God damn, why do SomeK and Mycke bother posting? You guys legit repeat yourselves over and over.

We're all welcome to ideas and change.

Combat is a fine line. One extra CC can throw the meta out of whack.

Who the fuck said df2012 was perfect? Pretty sure not a single person, ever. Please shove those comments up your own ass, spit them out and eat them again.

Game needs a ton of stuff to keep people interested. Everyone's opinion is different. I am more of the mind that Content is what we need. Sand. Reasons for people to roam and leave their holdings.

Combat is low hanging fruit, but fruit that could put a bad taste in everyones mouth and cause them to never touch the game again.

Scrubby Bear, Schnid and Sero like this.
  4. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Don't you understand the barrier to entry is too high, there are too many 'pros' at this game and anyone new needs to compete at too high a level too quickly and very few survive.

There is a lot of ways to solve it, but you guys wont like any of them.

Edit: Ill give you another solution...

If you insist on keeping the meta the same then the only other way I can really think of to solve the issue is to make the 'footprint' of the best players smaller because right now the whole server has to play at their level almost all the time. One way to do this would be to remove portals and make the subs lawless and the obviously best for holdings and farming.

This will more localize the best players and clans, pulling them to the subs to fight each other and leaving the lower quality mainland territory more for the up and coming to compete with each other.

#44 Mycke, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Brown Dorf and Rosco like this.
  5. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Insta cast would make the spell very useful. The short cast animation is what makes it very seldom useful.

6. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Sorry man. Don't want to have to repeat myself but I'm just trying to save people with actual good ideas their time from being wasted. You and your buddies inadvertently (sometimes on purpose) shunned people off these boards.

If you think this game needs content that will equate to more "sand" and if this mindset is being shared by the developers, then Godspeed old friend

Brown Dorf likes this.
  7. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

TORNADOS FINE GIT GUD
    --- Post updated ---
    Holy fuck, I was gonna troll, but is this an actual dev response?
    --- Post updated ---
    [QUOTE="Jonah_Veil, post: 183720, member: 305"]
    Combat is low hanging fruit, but fruit that could put a bad taste in everyones mouth and cause them to never touch the game again.[/QUOTE]
    THIS STATEMENT IS CORRECT!

dfo combat is unresponsive garbage. Name a game where you push a button and it doesnt do what you think it should do.

its not some fuckin holy grail of skilled player timing, its a faulty ui. it doesnt add anything but frustration to the game unless youve spent hours practicing how to work around the shitty ui.

fighting in this game sucks dick, not because i don't like losing, ive said many times losing in this game (well not this game, but another version) is more fun than winning in any game ive played.

what i dont like is feeling like ive lost because the game is clunky, it feels like ive been cheated.

if i lose, i want to know its because i got fuckin outplayed, not because my fuckin buttons dont do what i want them to

if you fix this, AND add content, the game would be fuckin great.

or... fuck it, too risky, games perfect, git gud noob

Beasty and Khazgol like this.
  8. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

I hope this thread is a troll. Tornado is a stupid spell just remove it. It's funny how Zerg members just want to have an ability to avoid loosing to mele.

9. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

yeah, fuck zergs, new players shouldnt be allowed to group up and fight small groups of vets.

Prodigy_Burn likes this.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Goblin Warrior

why are you assuming only new players form zergs, do you have any idea how big some of the alliances are there already

11. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

THIS STATEMENT IS CORRECT!

dfo combat is unresponsive garbage. Name a game where you push a button and it doesnt do what you think it should do.

its not some fuckin holy grail of skilled player timing, its a faulty ui. it doesnt add anything but frustration to the game unless youve spent hours practicing how to work around the shitty ui.

fighting in this game sucks dick, not because i don't like losing, ive said many times losing in this game (well not this game, but another version) is more fun than winning in any game ive played.

what i dont like is feeling like ive lost because the game is clunky, it feels like ive been cheated.

if i lose, i want to know its because i got fuckin outplayed, not because my fuckin buttons dont do what i want them to

if you fix this, AND add content, the game would be fuckin great.

or... fuck it, too risky, games perfect, git gud noob[/QUOTE]
    Good post. I've actually put in a lot of effort into timing, but after a really super sweet paperdoll lock last night I am beyond frustrated. Like you said, losing is fine. Losing to Enemy+GUI is BS.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  12. Obeesho

Obeesho Black Knight
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

On the original topic of tornado:

I think it's a little soon to say for sure, but my feeling is that if it needs buffed it is small stuff: slightly shorter cast time, slightly bigger range ect.

Really Mad, I am kinda perplexed at the idea of shared cooldown with magma or meteor strike!? Couldn't be more random choices that have no relation to the spell in question!

13. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

To you guys calling the game unresponsive garbage, I would love to help. I recommend having system tab open, doing duels and posting it. We will help you.

14. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

Nobody needs to see my shit tier pvp thank you very much. :p Quite early on I actually focused on getting the timing down with the UI, and making sure transitions were smooth. I will never go so far as to call myself a good pvp'er, but I do think I got pretty proficient at working with the UI. The out of the blue paperdoll lock... I don't know why that happened, but it did.

15. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Remove Destroyer= problem solved

[​IMG]

16. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

It usually happens when you're pressing something mid animation. A video would allow people to help, all I'm saying.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not at all.

Remove destroyer, then you have heavy hybrids, how does that change the fact that tornado with CC would ruin anyone trying to melee push????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

17. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

If they buff tornado to a point where it can become viable, i would like to see it share a global cooldown with whirlwind just like having 2 different whirlwind.

So mages who don't wanna grind weapons can just have 1 whirlwind and 1 tornado. How about that?

Downside, it still requires a staff to cast tornado when there's destroyers around.

18. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

If you give it a knock back you better give that like a 60sec or longer cool down.

19. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Kid...

Inkarnation and Schnid like this.