Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Trade Route Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Infernal
    Lifetime

It always comes down to gold per minute unless there is exclusive loot. Here is an example of something that might not be too hard to implement but people would like. Rare blowing horns that come from trade routes only. Activate the item to make a loud noise, give it an hour long cooldown to prevent abuse. An example would be a Tribelands blowing horn. Alternatively, trade routes could give new materials to make special items like this and the recipes could be added to woodcutting.

And here is the important part: Sure, these make great cash shop items and money is vital, but the game needs to have actual cool things you can farm up, otherwise it's always going to be about gold per minute and people will never be happy with many activities and monsters.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Volfen, The Red King and Madmatt like this.
  2. Copperfield

Copperfield Frostjarl
    Legend

remove the current shit from the trade route loot table.

start clean..

now add the stuff you wanne have into this table.

q3/4/5 mats
    gold
    rare ores
    and other high end shit.

All these crap items like cloth and iron ore dont make any sense to have in this loot table..

toy around after you started clean.. and start balancing the % of chance you can get.

have a nice day

The Red King and quietnoobz like this.
  3. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

I'd rather spend 10k on maps and dig those up than this.

Oresmacker, The Red King and Fengor like this.
  4. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

Exciting trade route to view the scenery and risk pvp?! Or just sit at a demon queen spawn and make 4x the loot....

5. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Infernal
    Lifetime

Just had a pretty neat idea. How about some higher tier containers that have a small chance to drop? Either just a premium container or maybe silver and gold containers.

6. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

No

We live in an age where nothing is rare except q5 mats, and everybody has stacked banks, trade routes should give ~30 Q5 mats, 30+ rare ores, r80 mats, a roll at deeds (the housing market is abysmal, look at any village other than vakrah and aldenfau), assorted gear pieces (dragon and infernal, not bone and scale BPG), steed grass, potions, maybe rolls at 120 pots

The amount you can spend on a trade route should also be increased to like 25-50k, that way theres a big gold sink and you risk a lot more in exchange for wayy better rewards, turn it into a contested activity that people want to do, not something that noobs run for a chance at 16 lobster and a couple of timber, the average reward should be 100-150k, since you can make way more than that in the time it takes to do a trade route by 3 manning champs/killing fire dragons

Volfen and quietnoobz like this.
  7. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Infernal

I agree! Make it WORTHY of participation

Chantree and kinglear like this.
  8. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Infernal
    Lifetime

That is a very bad idea. Everyone wants things to be easy now, why bother even having monsters if you can get all the best items for riding for an hour in a zerg? There needs to be exclusive items on every loot table, that way people do the trade route, farm every monster, etc. Making everything on a timer a loot pinata is unhealthy.

Leopold Stotch likes this.
  9. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

I agree with this, thing is, we already had this and for some reason we cant even get back to its original state.

What do you do if you want R80 mats? What did you do before?

Trade routes are an event like a seatower, they only come around twice? three times? a day. They need to be worth doing or no one would do them.

The Red King, kinglear and Billy Lee like this.
  10. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Infernal
    Lifetime

I think you can get R80 mats from champions but it's a bit rare. As for trade routes, I think they should be available to do regularly, that would be really cool. Ideally with some new end points and perhaps start points.

11. Chantree

Chantree Skeleton Archer
    Wealthy Legend

Do you think that loot is the most important motivation in game ?
    What other kinds of motivation are or should be in game and how important are they ?
    Should fun be a motivator?

12. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Infernal
    Lifetime

Ideally, everything should be fun. It all ties together. If people do a trade route, for example, the main two fun factors would be the loot received and the potential for pvp. Some people just want the loot, some just want the pvp, some want both. If the loot isn't motivating though, that means the entire activity falls flat, which is what happened in the past. That's not a criticism of the loot, just an observation. How to distribute loot is one of the most important aspects of the game, it can't be too little, or too much, balance is key. In a perfect RoA, you'd have people participating in all the activities the game has to offer, and everyone would be at least relatively happy. That is impossible if the same items are on a plethora of the same loot tables, exclusivity is vital. Just look at the toys, we have people farming trolls (a mostly forgotten monster) just to get the toy for their collection, that's exclusivity in play.

13. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Only reason I'm farming some mobs is just to complete tasks. Legitmately don't even want the title, the loot, those are just bonuses. It's just something to do and notch off on the belt...

Billy Lee likes this.
  14. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

I already touched on this in the other thread, but your idea that every monster in the game should be farmable isnt a good one

The way I see it, trade routes take an hour to do and had the benefit of being a high risk high reward activity AND served as a gold sink

My idea turns it back into that

15. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Infernal
    Lifetime

Yeah, I like working on the tasks too, especially when you can stack up a few tasks for the same monster.

You didn't provide any reasoning though, why do you think so? I am speaking from experience, I've already seen it succeed in many instances and even provided you with a few examples. Having half of the spawns on the map being pointless is awful. There is no relationship between farming easy monsters and trade routes, they are different activities. Trade routes are on the right track, with a few more updates I think they should be fantastic.

16. The Red King

The Red King Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Just revert to end of Df 1 Trade Route loot / combat / leveling / economy / player base

Fengor, MikerotchBAGFACE and kinglear like this.
  17. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

and wipe

18. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Infernal
    Lifetime

I finally got to do a trade route and it was a huge disappointment. A really long ride for 35k worth of random loot and I spent 10k on my pack and over 5k on portal shards, I barely doubled my investment and I didn't get any exciting. Some of the rewards are just brutal, like herring and cloth, completely useless. I don't see why new items never get added to the game, it's the same crap on every loot table, very boring and pointless. I have no interest in spending that much time on an activity if the reward is terrible, you can make more profit farming akathars or turning in just a few maps. This was supposed to be an upgrade but the loot is actually worse than it was before. I used to regularly come back with 8 of each rare ore + other stuff.

I really don't understand why iron, cloth, herrring, broth, etc are included, it just feels horrible when you open a container and get that stuff. What's worse is that there is not really anything in the game I'm excited about finding in a container, on a monster, or from almost anything else. The loot is extremely bland and basic. Ever since beta I have been begging for cool items to be added but the only thing we got was the champion weapons, cash shop items do not count because they are not farmed.

I don't know why people put up with this or don't find this to be a problem. I love the pve of the game but the loot is so bad. I'm starting to get tired of it all again because I know that the chances of cool stuff being added is extremely low. Relics will be nice (hopefully) but I don't know if I feel like waiting around for them or if they'd be enough to satisfy me, probably not. Almost all loot tables are just the same recycled items, I'm tired of it. I hate to be negative but if I have to be honest, this is all very discouraging.

The Red King likes this.
  19. Juicy

Juicy Black Knight
    Hero

This is what the trade route needs to be
    2-3% drop of deed (cottage or house max- we need to fill house spots for starters)
    25% drop in r80 mat
    6-8+ shards
    2-3 runes
    20 rares+ (random)
    35-40k
    10-15 of a q5 mat
    chance of demon/theyril/leenspar/neithal keys(you get one of them atleast and demon key is 2% chance)
    From a 10k pack and 35 mins of someone's life wasted for a chance to get dunked out by me or arrow at the end. Sounds like a risk I would be willing to take if I was rhy Gaul.
    Like why we fucking around with baby tier drops?
    This is live like every 10-12 hours? let's make it a huge dunk spot and too good to be passed up on even if you are shit

Chantree, kinglear and Fengor like this.
  20. Sero

Sero Evil Eye
    Loyal Legend

Gold is not necessary, and an outright deed chance needs to be like 0.5% chance. Other than that I can get behind this.