Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

UMBERTO - Community Event Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SuB ZeRo, Jan 23, 2019.

1. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

@Umberto

Event Ideas:

HOLD THE OBJECTIVE

[​IMG]

4 Rounds - 8 teams of 5 players.
    (Colored armor dyes would be helpful here) Teams compete to capture and hold some kind of location.
    - Could be the top of a building / small room / bridge / etc.
    - The longer a team is in the area the more points they score. Highest scoring team wins.
    - Round lasts 6 minutes. Winning teams end up fighting in finals to see who is the champ.
    - You must be actively trying to get to the area nonstop, don't just kill the entire team and then go for the objective?

This event would show off a lot of team play, creative use of utility spells, melee, etc.

DEATH RACE

[​IMG]

~20 Players - Free for All or teaming allowed?
    - Flags or the green waypoint markers are spawned to mark the start and finish.
    - Starts on top of a big hill and ends 4km away?
    - Players all start on mounts and have 2 steedgrass each. (NO battlehorns, too tanky).
    - You can get off your mount and kill other people's mount but you can't bunnyhop on foot. Only way to go further is mounted.
    - You can bunnyhop with your mount going down a mountain or slope. (risky because the mount will take the fall dmg and people will be tempted to kill it. This is where it gets fun).
    - If your mount dies you stand still craft another one and keep going. If you lose all your mounts your out of the competition.
    - If teaming is allowed you could possibly block other people / sync r90's / rays etc?
    - Heal mount is allowed.
    - Winner gets a cool mount skin?

This is just a silly idea that would be fun to participate in and would be hilarious to watch.

THE BLACK PEARL

[​IMG]

8 Teams of 5 players - 8 different boats ( Could be modified to be alliance vs alliance?)
    - Brigantine is the perfect boat for this.
    - 4 Tiles of the map will be used for this?
    - Teams fight to take over each others boat. Last boat / crew alive wins.
    - Time limit of 25 mins? If you go more than 5 mins without attacking another boat you get DQ'd? Shooting a cannon and damaging another ship counts as attacking. We don't want people sailing far away avoiding the action the entire time.
    - Cannons / repair shards are encouraged.
    - Winner gets a Manowar? Or a cool pirate title?

Teams would have to be tactical with how they play. How many go offense vs defense? Do they try to ram each other and all offensive? Do they use multiple ships after killing to corner a boat? This would be pretty fucking epic to show off ship combat and strategy.

If you think anything should be adjusted or added post below and I'll modify.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    phuture, Grimtide, Umberto and 18 others like this.
  2. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

Good ideas! I think some interesting pvp scenarios would make for some fun events.

Fengor and Sameog like this.
  3. Sameog

Sameog Akathar
    Legend

So many possibilities for this game to actually be fun to play :D

AAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fengor likes this.
  4. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Great ideas. The key here is teams. Can't team if you already have a team right?

Sameog and Fengor like this.
  5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I like the first one. It's simple and we don't have to actually rush for the objective.

6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I'd like to host a 6 beer deep minimum 1v1 tournament, will go on honor system, if you lie about ur drinking, ur a bitch

7. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I'd like to see events tailored to be like game modes from other games like Chivalry, such as Defend the King, where one player is given more stats / is made overall a lot stronger, and both teams get infinite respawns (with a timer) until one of the two kings dies. I wasn't around for "shard carrier" sieges, but I like the idea of strategizing around the defense / attack of priority targets.

The mechanics of respawning could be circumvented by having the fight take place between two chaos stones, and supplying each team with unlimited premade bags, all of which would be deleted at the end of the event.

Umberto, Hombre 6 and Fengor like this.
  8. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Black pearl gets my vote

Fengor and SuB ZeRo like this.
  9. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Yeah that's definitely my favorite as well. @Umberto read this thread bro!

Buffalo Spaceman and Fengor like this.
  10. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

death race sounds real fun for us arrow slingers >_>

11. Crunchy

Crunchy Deadeye

Shard carrier era was the shit. Yeah crashing sucked cuz it lost the siege but it was so fun

12. Snow

Snow Goblin Warlord

Love the ideas! Especially the boat one! Count me in! :)

Love, Snow

SuB ZeRo likes this.
  13. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

bring back stealing creation

14. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

Great ideas Sub, here are some notes:

Hold the Objective - A King of the Hill event like this could work well. But as with a lot of events, the issue of teaming is a concern. The idea of 8 neutral teams duking it out would be amazing, but in order for this event to go smoothly we could only really have a team of 5 from each alliance, drastically decreasing the amount of entries. To combat that, we could just have one team from each alliance, but that changes the event from King of the Hill to just a big group fight, whoever wins the fight, wins the event. That in itself would be fun, but I've contacted each alliance and so far they aren't in sync for competing against one another in an event. Hoping that will change.

DEATH RACE - I'm definitely down to host this one, but teaming unfortunately would have to be allowed. If it wasn't, it would happen anyway and cause more drama/toxicity. So if you guys are down for a Death Race with minimal rules, I'm all for it.

THE BLACK PEARL - Same feedback as the Hold the Objective idea. A lot of teams competing against each other is great in theory, but it would just result in teaming. So if players are okay with teaming being a near-certain scenario, we could do this.

The focus for the devs right now is the Embers of War expansion, so as of now they can't allocate too much time to event changes. But luckily we are getting some cool new toys.

Neil is currently looking into making Chaos Stones and Chaos Banks deployable objects by a GM. This would allow us to host events like this in many different terrains with a bank at each player's base. There's a lot of potential here. Neil has already gotten Fun Hulks ready to go to be used as flags in Capture the Flag events (they can't be destroyed).

Once some of these mechanics are in-game, it opens up a lot of event possibilities, which I'm excited about. Keep the great ideas coming.

15. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Im of the opinion if the rewards for winning and not teaming are good enough, people won't team as much. These need to be personal fluff rewards not monetary rewards that can be split with clanmates (if you teamed). I know it's very annoying to deal with people teaming and even moreso, people crying about teaming, but please don't give up on these events berto!

16. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Pretty much this. Make rewards totally personalized, non tradeable whatever.

Teaming is gonna happen, bitches will be bitches, just get us some got damn Black Pearl

17. VOXNEWS

VOXNEWS Goblin Scout

Very cool!