Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dev thread Upcoming Patches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

So let me recap here..
    Ur trying to make the leenspar golem a group activity is that what is being stated here just to be clear??
    @Billy Lee
    Less down time is good but can we think of other ways to make a group stay at a worthwhile spawn than just throw more monsters in??
    Does this make it to where a solo player would have a extremely hard time killing a leanspar..leanspar is bullet sponge enough for solo player??

The Red King likes this.
  2. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Billy was the hero with this daily dungeon patch, but is missing the mark when making all good high end solo mobs become a group activity.

Maybe add groups mobs to the mix, but don’t take away. More is better!

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

prove to me you are a factor and wager me. i dont bark back on the forum when i actually play. 100k challenge. we can fight on friday or saturday.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member Team B Lifetime

That is correct. I have farmed these monsters a lot and rarely saw anyone. This is largely due to the long respawn timers but reducing the timers drastically would be a big mistake as high-end resources would flood into the economy. Solo players still have hundreds of spawns to choose from, many of which provide great profit. I think it is okay to convert some spawns from solo to group and these are the best choices imo.

All these spawns are in the red zone, which will likely wind up being where the vast majority of coveted holdings will be. People often mention holding value is poor and that active activities are better than afk activities like mines and groves. It makes sense that prime holdings would have access to excellent group farming opportunities, after all, holdings are for clans, not solo players, and having a nearby theyril golem or dark dragon tends to not add much to the clan as a collective. I think we would all like to see the population continue to grow and promoting group play, both pve and pvp, is a healthy strategy. I realize the implementation will not be universally appealing but sometimes there has to be a give and take, and like I said, I historically have not seen many people or gotten much pvp at these spawns. That's a shame considering how cool these monsters are. I think they serve a much better purpose and challenge when treated as mini-bosses. As a side note, while the minions have lucrative tasks of their own, you are not required to complete them at these spawns, so this is actually a boon to solo players as well.

5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

r u retarded bro?

felipelima likes this.
  6. The Red King

Loyal Legend

That’s because you are saying you have not seen much pvp at these high end mobs in RoA, that’s because the game is dead. In Df1, there were fights at EVERY high end mob everyday. Also your economy is a 600lb fat man compared to df 1 athletic economy. The vcps giving out shit tons of mats and multipliers of golf with 0 houses built. In Df1 if you called a house with 0 houses built you got like 2k. Now compare the two and fast forward to 3 years and this is what RoA built. This was NOT a df 1 problem.

Also, why would they need to go farm when you got mine pez dispensers that drop their loot off nearly on their banks with no opposition?

Here is what you do:
    Move the mines to all islands holdings and hamlets.

Put the mine just outside the holding with a countdown timer that goes off 2 or 3 times a day that gives out all or a majority of its rares.

Watxh the fights come and watch everyone say Billy Lee is the hero again!

Add in some group mobs like you are suggesting in spots that have like shitty mobs on an island and everyone is happy!!!!

You will still need to fix the vcp issue being hard capped and split and it should be based on houses built to get the player base to invest in villages, cause currently their is not much of a point besides a third port.

NonFactor likes this.
  7. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

With these changes, solo players will have zero access to leenspar is what im getting.. mines being in holdings, leenspar being a group activity. They would have to purchase off the market at the wim of the large clans dominating the resources and setting the price?

Solos maybe get a chance at leenspar with a daily task?

Im all for group activitys but you can't force it through all facets.

8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

"best patchs are the reverts"

9. The Red King

Loyal Legend

That’s what he wants. He wants us to farm gold for the zergs. And the zergs get their ores for free and we have to pay for them. LOL

10. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

There are plenty of ways to get rare ores. Maps, keys, chaos chests, dungeon dailies, raiding mines, trading, buy orders, tasks, rare ore nodes, etc. For the record, I too would like to see changes to villages and mines myself. We'll tackle one thing at a time until things are in good order :)

Mimitis TheOne and The Red King like this.
  11. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

So groups get guaranteed drops... solos get rng? This justifiable ?

12. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I get that logic, but why not just have it so you have your BOSS thyril and BOSS leenspar and then just keep the small version of leen/thyril (as it is now) so you in theory have a hotspot for larger groups and hotspot for smaller groups. This is what i hated about villages imo, they changed it so the larger groups had a better chance of fighting each other and just killed the small scale for villages since u had a small chance to go to a village and skip the zerg and get a 1v1 or 1v2. Wheres for this change I get there are other methods to get the two ore, but some people just enjoy farming them solo and waiting for someone else to come for a fight, I HATE, HATE group farming, not even due to loot, but I dislike farming with others, I enjoy talking to people in coms, but I enjoy my solo play. When the game had a little higher population I would just wait at the thyril and get some fight and was fun :). I like the idea, just keep a small version thats in game atm plz <3

13. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

This is on par with my thinking

14. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

Using theyril as an example, if you complete both theyril golem minion tasks you get a guaranteed 5 theyril ore. So it's not always rng.

You can still farm solo at the majority of spawns in the game. A lot of those spawns are more fun to farm than the theyril golem or leenspar golem imo because you get faster respawns and don't have to wait around. I understand that everyone has their own preferences but I would like to see some more significant changes to pve to encourage groups to play together more. I have hundreds of kills on these monsters and I can say with confidence that the amount of pvp has been low and the overall experience has been dull. The idea of getting pvp at these spawns is great but in reality, what tends to happen is you arrive at the spawn and the monster is already dead or it's alive and you get the loot for free.
    --- Post updated ---
    Clarification on a few things,
    1. You still may be able to leash the "boss" and solo it, it will just be riskier.
    2. You receive a total of 5 key materials between the two minion tasks, and 5 more for the boss. So if you complete the full theyril golem task trio you would receive 10 theyril ore per player + whatever the theyril golem has.
    3. The boss monster stats remain unchanged and the key material yield as well. The rewards are more centered around tasks.
    4. An example of the leenspar golem would be: Leenspar Golem + 8 Elfshade + 4 Basalt Golem.Overall the spawn can provide loot for a group and overall will be pretty rewarding. Also, each monster has a possible rare reward as well.

15. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Can you make it where once the addons are killed they don’t respawn? This way if a solo was good enough to kill the addons and then the boss he gets all the loot?

A lot of people play solo my man. Like blaze said, you killed solo pvp at vcps when you removed the three ports and made just one.

Always add, don’t subtract, you CAN make the solo and the groups happy, YOU just need to be flexible.

Mimitis TheOne and Dum Dum like this.
  16. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

So I was under the impression that the golems would become BOSS versions but that gonna be the same, so we can prob be able to just agro the Golem and bring it close to lease spot and solo farm it we will see.

Billy Lee likes this.
  17. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

I realize a lot of people play solo but the ratio of solo to groups is off. Villages will be looked at. I am pretty sure people will find ways to leash and kill the theyril golem, erodach, etc, it'll just be more challenging and riskier.

18. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

move on boys, they will do whatever they want regardless opinions.
    golem minions are coming and its not "riskier", its just annoying.

"the reverts are the best patchs"
    (DONNADOR, 2019)

Dum Dum likes this.
  19. Brian Badonde

Brian Badonde Goblin Scout
    Loyal

This is indeed true, there are other spawns in game. Although these other spawns dont drop leenspar or theyril. Key crafting components for all players - both clanned and solo. Given that the only other reliable, quantity output of these resources comes already from clan mines and they are group activities - where does this leave solo players?

Thanks for sharing. I agree group activities should exust and be promoted.

You are right there are many preferences to consider, based on a wide range of exoeriences from many players.

Personally I had thousands of rare ore golem kills over DF and found them to be a consistent source of PVP for many years. Maybe there are other underlying issues such as population and man-to-rare ore city node ratios here?

Good ideas in general and pve certainly needs work and can help create a vibrant, living world with spontaneous conflict for both solo and group encounters.

Although I share the reservations of others in this thread that the proposed changes could possibly leave solo playets out in the cold, dependent on markets to compete in gear terms with clanned players who have access to both city mines and group pve.

For me variety is always the best approach, offerring something for bith grouos and solo or duo etc...

Providing a range if viable options to all playstyles. I fell promotion of group play is brst served by increased rewards per man at group spawns, while still offering viable rewards to solos, duos etc. Rather than trying to force group play by making solo farming unviable. That approach was attempted by AV in DFUW with pooor results imo.

Lets not firget many players choose to pve solo because it can be more relaxing or a chance to get rare solo pvp encounters in open world. One if the most excuting aspects of DF pve I am sure you will agree.

For me a range of spawns, coupled with the throtteling, relication or complete removal of city rare ore would stimulate the kind of open world encounters you are proposing.

It is hard to stimulate group conflicyt over a resouce that is available to groips eithin their city limits, unless you have a population where city mines dont sustain tge size of those groups. I feel that is at the center of the ussue vus a vus rare ore golems.

If players curtently dont farm the golems enough to find pvp, as per your own experience - shouldnt the question be why not? Is it because they are waiting for a group version of that farm exoerience, or is it because they dont need to farm those spawns fir their select materials? Then work from there.

Sorry for all the typos! Posted from my phone....

#59 Brian Badonde, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Billy Lee, The Red King and Blaze like this.
  20. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Oh gee golly mister 5 leenspar a day for completing a task, you sure are thinking of the little guy.. what is that 1 infernal piece worth of ore? Give me a break, how many days, doing dailies do i need to make a competitive gearbag? Dont have time to kill 30 minions man im casual asf.