Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dev thread Upcoming Patches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member Team B Lifetime

@Brian Badonde You make some good points. One thing I think is very critical, which is being largely ignored in this thread, is the ability to buy rare ores from the market. One of the main uses for gold is the buying and selling of goods and it is not difficult to acquire gold and make purchases and trades. There is absolutely no need for a solo player to farm the leenspar or theyril golem, that is purely a choice and the health of the game does not hinge on it. A healthy economy promotes different people providing different resources. I am very sure that players will be able to acquire leenspar and theyril without farming those golems.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Battle Smurf likes this.
  2. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

they're doing their best, i dont doubt that.

the only problem is that they're completly clueless bout what ppl expect for the game at this point.

leave golems and stuff wherever it is right now.

focus in make vcps a real stuff to ppl fight also add some land towers with a dominion system of a capture.

pve is NOT a real issue right now.

#62 NonFactor, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Methodico and felipelima like this.
  3. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

When the clan with all the mines that give FREE rares for doing NOTHING can easily control the market, and now you want to take away the only way Solos can make gear?

And your “I don’t ever get pvp is a joke” it’s your dead game, not the mob.

It’s like insulin in this country. Price gauged so hard because nobody can get it anywhere else so they are forced to pay 10x the price.

No Thanks!

4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

Nobody is entitled to anything. If a player desires certain items they need to acquire them via pve, trading, or conquest. A game cannot be designed on who the current owners of mines is, game design is separate from in-game politics.

5. The Red King

Loyal Legend

I agree, but don’t change it to make it worse. That doesn’t make sense....

From hero to....

NonFactor likes this.
  6. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

I am looking into this further and judging by the spawns I've seen so far, it does look like solo players will be able to get kills, and for the record, I did say in this thread that may be the case. It will be more challenging but I think that's fine personally.

The Red King likes this.
  7. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

A leenspar mine generates 16 leenspar in a whole day on average if it's hit before server down (and 16 neithal but that might as well be cotton since it's useless now). That's barely enough for a mage infernal set (without an r70), and mine outputs are split among clan members/raiders. Mine output is only relevant when the game is dead.

NonFactor likes this.
  8. The Red King

Loyal Legend

It’s rng bro. I’ve gotten 18 theyril off a 1000 ore mine. And theyril drops from mines like 1/4 of the time.

Let me guess, you are in Blobwater? Defend those afk mines!!!!

9. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

When you have less than 100 active players in an MMORPG, and one clan owns 90% of the mine holdings, you have a problem. You guys don't know how to solve that problem.

You keep wasting all of your time adding dumb shit that does nothing for the game on a big scale, won't bring anyone back, won't make new players try the game, and is WORSE for the game in its current state. If the game wiped and you made changes like this, sure it might be good... but the economy is flooded as fuck and no one needs to farm. This is the same shit as the crafting changes, it just fucks people who are coming into the game/returning, it doesn't affect those who have stacked banks and have been playing. Adding tedium or requiring more time to clear spawns/more people to clear spawns does nothing but make it more annoying/time consuming for people to get items who don't already have items.

Stop trying to modify or change shit the game already has because its easy to do, add new shit... otherwise your 100 active players is just going to keep dropping lower and lower until this isn't sustainable (if it even is currently).

Also if you don't see player mines as a problem, even with a high population, then theres no point in having a discussion any further. Rare ores need to be removed from them, problem solved.

Dum Dum likes this.
  10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

thats the way we dodge now? you didnt have to say anything.

ill fight for your bag. if i lose, you take 100k. if i win, i take your bag.

11. Brian Badonde

Brian Badonde Goblin Scout
    Loyal

Interesting posts, and some great ideas.

In this kind of reciprocal economy with diffetent players bringing different resources to the economy. What will be the items solo or small less competative groups of players will have a similar exclusivity over that clanned people selling high end crsfting mats will require enough to create the kind of merry go round of economic resources you described?

Presumably items from the mid tier pve mobs such as enchant mats etc?

I do find mid tier pve can become laborious at times myself and sometimes repetative - given the sheer volume of mobs you are required to kill at that strata of pve.

Sorry , I didnt mean to suggest anyine should feel 'entitled' to farm the end game mobs.

My thoughts were more that providing a wide range of activities and access to game conent for a wide range of playstyles and cspability - ie solo players, preffered solo farmers who may be in clans, large and smal clans - can lead to a more happy and diverse playerbase that ultimately creates a more diverse game world that feels alive abd vibrant.

I actually really like your ideas for more challenging group based spawns, including rare ores etc. But think they would be best as additional spawns not exclusive ones.

After all in a reciprocal economy different players cobtributing different resources can also be clanned ir solo.

It actually makes no difference who posts those items into tha AH, in relation to their chosen playatyles in game.

A clanned player selling leen and buying enchant mats vs a solo selling leenand buying enchant mats from a clanned player tesults in the same economic excange.

#71 Brian Badonde, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Billy Lee likes this.
  12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

It's called trading

Also not everyone SHOULD have leenspar gear, it should be a lot more rare than it is and mostly only worn in group pvp or by a few big balls kids in small scale
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm sorry but a lot RoA players are just fucking dumb, they cry about tedium but insist on farming every mat for their rank 60+ gear bag themselves instead of trading, buying from market with gold, or using mainly what they loot from pvp.

You make it harder on yourselves because you're fuckin doin it wrong

[​IMG]

Egrin likes this.
  13. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

I'm in NaCl, and yes it being rng is the reason you got 18 theyril off of 1000 ore. I've had a full theyril mine drop 4 theyril. That doesn't mean there isn't an average. RNG doesn't mean the server picks a random chance for it at the start of the day depending on the weather, it means there's a set chance for it to drop.

Edit: Also, for reference, a mine can produce a maximum of 1600 ore in a day assuming it's hit by subscribed accounts, and often mines won't even get hit the last few hours before server down.

14. Methodico

Methodico Fire Elemental

True, but the problem Is that buy weapons, staffs or armors in the market It's not convenient. And they don't know how to fix this problem....