Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dev thread Village Feedback Encouraged

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I like it, how hard would it be to code tho, MAKE VILLAGES GREAT AGAIN
    You have a point for the gear tier didnt think of that

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Dum Dum likes this.
  2. streaml1ne

streaml1ne Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

This is a pretty good idea. Fallen Earth had something similar and I liked it there. At least it gives you something to work towards instead of purely relying on RNG.

The Red King and Dum Dum like this.
  3. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Passing out loot is a chore.
    this

4. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

Villages are only worthwhile if abusing alt parties with tier 3 gear (See screenshot below for an example of casually capping 2 villages with 10 alts for ~2 weeks?)

This is because:
    • The way gear tier is calculated needs to be reworked. Tier 3 only takes an (almost) full set of plate/scale with no weapons. Compare to tier 6 requiring close to full infernal and a R70. Tier 3 can already get rare drops like Guest Room Furnitures.
    • It's not uncommon to get tier the average 3 loot roll in a tier 6 bag, and you need to be premium on top of that. Even if you were to cap villages uncontested it's not even worth going premium on alts.
    • Loot is basically a garbage pool of RNG and portal shards. I have 0 interest in spending 8-10 minutes of my time risking a full infernal bag to, in the best case scenario, get 4 portal shards, 5k gold, and 2 q5 mats (with a small chance of a leenspar key?). I can literally kill 1 forest golem (to name one mob) in robes with a blackbolt and make the same value or more, and the drop is more likely easier to sell in the market than whatever I get from the village. That's not taking into account the fact that a low roll for the village will be 2k gold and 5 ghostly darktaint. Terribly bad RNG loot in general is a turn off in this game (trade routes, villages, dungeon quests, sea towers, you name it).
    • Billboard ports make it a zergfest (if anyone shows up at all). When you port to a village there's a high likelyhood that you'll be fighting a larger group or find no one at all.

On the other hand, if I have 5 guys and I see it's 6 out there capping villages, I'll be more likely to go because I have somewhat of an expectation of what I'm dealing with.

Gold is reasonably hard to get right now outside of abusing villages with alts. I don't think it's possible to give out good enough gold rewards to get groups out there without opening a massive gold faucet that WILL be abused in off hours. Fixed loot is a concept I like, though, and as an aside I don't think the reward should continue to go straight into the bank.

It should be very significant to discourage robed zergs and 1 dura armor sets, but the way gear score is calculated should be reworked to make more sense and take into account enchants.

Blue player cities and capital cities should only port to blue villages (the ones capped at tier 3). It's cool that sanguine has more people in it, but there's little reason for people to hang out in lawless cities right now.

Billy Lee likes this.
  5. Jarlaxle Baenre

Jarlaxle Baenre Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Patron Supporter Contributor

I have made millions in gold and mats from VCP capping. The rare drop rate is weak and nobody wants to risk a 100k gear bag for some dookie. Q5 - Q6 tier is not cheap and usually get 10k worth mats unless get a rare item drop. Sweet a neithal key? WRONG waste of time.

Usually just go to try get some pvp, call it ringing the dinner bell. Hope the bowl cut twins come fight. Cap w 3 then next village hope they come. When I was a baby I was happy with the rewards when i risk next to nothing and waited to port in at last second w an alt and bring extra t5-6 bag and double cap it. Cannot stop that except pvp and it is very profitable.

With the ideas of posted by Billy Lee I think they are good idea but in all reality the main land vcp need to be removed from billboard and nerfed. Sub Continent VCP need a huge buff in rares like maps and keys only available from billboard. Sell/turn in these item bc it worth more then the other rewards they got so bonus. Main land vcp get loads of veilron and neithal keys make noobs go into dungeon and experience. Make the sub continent more gold more rares. Freemium is capped at tier 3 so doesnt matter if alts are in group.

Billy Lee likes this.
  6. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

I hope you mean mages need help with tiering and not need help if theyre up against a full heavy destro.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for showing how exploitable alt abuse is, gawd i wish theyd do something about that

7. Euchre

Euchre Skeleton Archer
    Patron Hero

Villages need a tiered system. Not gear score tier, but minor villages, major villages, and epic villages, with similar scale to rewards.

2 minor and 2 major should go live every 30 min, in a RANDOM pattern. no more timers. If nobody ports in 5 min, it should expire and become unconquerable.

Minor villages are party capped at 2, i.e 2v2 and no longer portable once 3 sets of 2 port to it. Major villages should cap at 3 sets of 5, and no longer be portable.

Epic villages should require a world drop item, with a small % to drop off center map mobs. This would require a small gold "wager" to turn in, and require 2 groups of 10 to "wager" to activate it. Goes live, with separate port in points on either side of village, each team ports in together, king of the hill style. Winning team gets reasonable amounts of rare mats, 110 or 120 pots, and 75% of the total gold wager.

Is it perfect? nope, but could be built upon. This would give you best of both worlds, making villages an arena of meaningful, balanced number pvp, without turning the game into a full blown arena and nobody leave town. This should also greatly curb alt farming, but can't eliminate someone determined to do it.

Billy Lee likes this.
  8. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

1: - No, unless you bring a shit load of people. As a solo its shit and especially as a mage its shit. Mages cant reach Tier 6 without bringing additional gear, even if their bag is worth 200K due to enchants. The way to abuse the system is bring alts, or bring your whole 15 man zerg and print money non stop. 6K a pop + rares x 15 people ion Tier 6 = $90,000 gold + rares every 30 minutes by doing NOTHING!!!!! It should be a set amount that gets divided by how many players come.

2: - First of all, they sell keys and maps because they are shit, maps don't give R80 maps, they don't give dye ingredients, they give the same shit they always did. The loot needs to be special, that's why pveing and getting loot sucks, its all the same, where is the black knight armor with dragon stats? Where are the Staves that are faster speed than what someone can craft - rare chance of course. So much shit can be done with this game that isn't and its fucking infuriating to me. I don't want pure gold, I would rather the loot be special, that's what will get people doing VCP's. VCP's were so fucking amazing in DF1 , you ALWAYS got fights because of all the rares that dropped, this game the loot is shit, and then it gets abused by one person with alts or zerg X 14.

3: - I like it, when my clan played, it had us bring a comparable force, the problem is, the next vcp they would be 5 more lol, so I see this going both ways to be honest.

4: - I think it should be single set good reward, this will get all VCP's popping like they should be, games boring as fuck because nobody wants to do VCP's without 15 people. It should be If you bring 15 people and the reward is 1 Large map, 10 rare ore 10K - it gets split by 15 people. I like the idea someone brought up about rolls per person towards a set amount, that would work well. BTW maps like don't even drop anymore.

5: - I think it should be a percentage:
    Gear score 1= 2 Rolls at Loot - This is shit if it took a shit and took a bath in shit
    Gear score 2 = 3 Rolls at loot- This is shit if it took a shit
    Gear Score 3 = 4 Rolls at loot - This is shit
    Gear Score 4 = 6 Rolls at the loot - This is a normal set
    Gear Score 5 = 8 Rolls on the loot
    Gear Score 6 = 10 Rolls on the loot.
    Risk 300K bag, you should get a decent bonus.

The loot needs to drop dyes, special, staves, special weapons, Black Knight armor with better stats, R80 maps, keys need to be fixed, maps need to be fixed - loot is shit. Get some fucking flavor going. This will bring all the boys to the yard!

6: - Either Remove them all, which is fine, and have the billboard port you to each capital city for a fee. OR I still feel this would save this game, have a 1v1 portal where the first two people who port then it disappears, then have a 2v2 / 3v3 portal where you must be in a group of 2 or 3 to enter and the first two teams of 2 or 3 and then the portal disappears - might end up with 2 v 3 but that's their choice for porting with 2. Have a Red circle one for FFA - lawless only which would be anything goes and then have one that is yellow circle which ports noobs or people who just want low key pvp to just get tier 3 loot with no drop.

Villages were fucking AMAZING in DF1 and they are so fucked up now due to shit rewards that benefit only zergs and have NO FLAVOR!!! Put some dyes / unique armor / R80 mats / Anything to spice it up and watch the people pvp again. The one portal FUCKING SUCKS!!!!! Either none or bring it back to 3-4.

There program this and I fixed your game for the next 6 months. I guarantee it! Then content content content. But they wont and the game will suck, hence why I haven't truly played since June and I am a die hard.

onslaught, Billy Lee and Blaze like this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

People NOT having to pve is actually a BAD thing.

The game should be designed in such a way that EVERYONE should be practically FORCED to pve several hours a week to either gain character progression or needed resources, that's how you get actual activity, open world pvp, and natural territory control

Why would you flood the economy even worse with a bunch of gold that can be gotten often uncontested with no effort at a village?

Not that it really matters because the economy was trashed years ago anyway

Scrapnotcrap and Mimitis TheOne like this.
  10. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

maybe add dyes and enchant Q4/Q5 gems from 4 island villages.

how about work on something else also like
    -trade route rework ( shorter and better drop )
    -make a Dragon spawn primetime between 7pm-12pm whit a global message. + add 2-3 120 pots on it.
    -make 1 daily dungeon task be double the gold/reward and it should tell u what dungeon is the daily one on the map when u open it.
    -ADD NEW CLASS TYPE LIKE DESTRO...

im so tired of BPG team over complicated everything and getting shit half done.

11. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Wtf was wrong with the original way?

we have changed them so many goddam. Times just to have “on demand pvp” and how is it working out.

things keep getting added so people can “get fights” but all the changes did was lose most of the population resulting in no organic struggle,conflict, or pvp.

revert them to original dfo rules. In fact , revert almost everything. Ui improvements can stay.

12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea no. This but in reverse. Mainland should be the billboard, subcontient should be the ones you have to own land near to cap. Especially considering they're worth more.

13. Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino Wave Controller
    Benefactor Contributor

Basically, increase a bit of the gold reward for villages with T3 and above.

Definitely keep the porting, and maybe fix the timers?

Also, it would be better for PVPers to receive things like Q3 gems with enchants on them rather than 3 random enchanting mats (this is rarely useful).

14. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

Excellent feedback, everyone! I know villages need some tweaks so this is incredibly helpful. It's interesting to see how opinions are split on many aspects of villages, so there will likely need to be some compromises. So far, it seems that most people like the idea of setting a loot cap on each village to encourage more balanced fights. I agree that loot needs to be more interesting. Keep the feedback coming and maybe we can figure out some solutions together :)

Mimitis TheOne and NonFactor like this.
  15. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Honestly I miss the old system of siege hammer spikes and cannon shots. Made a dude with a hammer paranoid but rewarded for taking a chance being vulnerable. Spikes were loud as fuck and still made you paranoid and still got decent reward for time spent. Shooting a village down with a boat made you risk a boat and could lead to water combat which is rare other than in sieged and sea tower.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

alts are the reason vcps got nerfed when the reward was good.

to remove the need of alt, why not split gold reward based on party size? its that simple.

solo capping would become highly promoted that way.

17. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

Df 1 was a shit, they have to change this shit game, revert would be anorher avventurine shit fail.

18. Dixie Normus

Legend

after a year of dev silence, still had exponentially more players than this game.

19. Dixie Normus

Legend

Defend it all you want. Most of their changes were done for the wrong reasons, half were reverted and some were unneeded at all.

they told everyone at one point race wars were bad for the game and they were adding factions.

years later still no factions. Players want a world and conflict that MAKES SENSE.

catering to a clan vs clan mentality only caters to elite clans or zergs.

you will just champion them and this post will be deleted without even a reason why so I won’t even bother getting into it.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  20. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Seems like there a lot of conflicting views on how villages should work. My 2 cent as a pvper. It was fun at first, but the pvp get stale after awhile. Especially when your fighting the same people over and over.
    • Do villages feel like a worthwhile opportunity for profit in their current state?
    No. But as a pvper I never went to villages to make a profit. I go for the pvp. Never once have I gone to a village for loot. The bags I wear are worth way more then what a cap village can give. Villages are only worth it when you show up, get a fight and win. And that if the people who you are fighting are actually in good dura gear.
    • I have seen many pvpers eager to sell keys and maps, which leads me to believe that many players would prefer pure gold instead of having to sell their rewards. This allows pvpers to earn gold by pvping, and use it to purchase needed goods from crafters. Thoughts?
    Give more gold and the price for good will just go up. A lot of pvpers like to pve also. Same goes for a lot of pvers. I just can't stand pve in this game. As I've mentioned before, I can't be ask to kill a mob that will rng drop materials and then have to wait 6,12 to 45mins for the mob just to spawn again. Its tedious solo and worst in a group when you're trying to bring new players into the game. Idk why pve haven't been worked on more. The flaw for this game inst the pvp its the pve content. Spawn scaling was a great idea. It was bad when the game didn't have an active pop. I wished it was implemented during the soft freemium launch. I bet the population now would be bigger if it was left in. That being said we need the TC patch in now. Who knows how much longer we have to wait before we meet the 50k goal even if its only 2k more. The last 2 server wars show that consent holding sieges type pvp will get boring after a month or when one side starts losing. We need other things to fight over i.e race war/relics/mines/landtowers.
    • Do you think announcements of how many players captured a village should be removed? On one hand, this can warn you of a potential zerg, on the other hand, it can discourage you from contesting the village and due to the presence of alts, the zerg may not actually be a zerg at all.
    50/50 on this. I think having numbers is good. If I see a group out i'm gonna try and get a group to go contest. There been a lot of time when I've been playing other games and get a ping for village pvp.
    • How do you feel about making villages have a single, fixed reward (e.g Alhali is worth 50k), sent to the party leader, or arriving in some other way? The advantage of this is the ability to control loot output, which creates a more level playing field overall. Zerging remains an option, but the reward would be smaller. Conversely, a single risk-taker can attempt to take the full loot reward. This also fixes alt abuse.
    I think we should give this a try. I just hate the idea of having to split the loot myself afterwards. Literally a clan leader worst nightmare.
    • How big of a role do you feel your gear score should play?
    Gear score should be a big factor, but I would like to see a system were loser get some kind of award also. People who die over and over will stop going to them. This will help against elitist clan steam rolling ever village.
    • What is your opinion on porting to villages from billboards? Should it be embraced completely, removed, or tweaked?
    I like village ports, but it need to be tweaked. I just don't think we should drop right inside the village maybe on another tile.

Billy Lee and Mimitis TheOne like this.