Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Wall of Force

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fengor, May 24, 2019.

1. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

I’m quite aware combat changes are a touchy subject, but once again the aspect of WoF PUSHING people away from its center instead of pulling had come up in coms.

Sieges especially are just a “focus that guy floating in the air” fest. It looks rather ridiculous.

Thoughts on changing its effect?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

+1

... also come hither, but I wont derail fengys thread

Inkarnation and Fengor like this.
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Lifetime

I would like to see some sort of change, pushing instead of pulling would be a nice test. I feel a lot of wof related deaths are fairly anticlimactic, especially in group fights. There is really a ton that could be said on this topic.

Korag and Fengor like this.
  4. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Why ban WoF? casting a AoE in a FPS game that makes your enemy float in the air is completely fine. It's really not that OP. I mean you still have to hold your mouse in one spot and hit your ray key.

only 98% of my deaths come from this PoS low skill spell- Can destros get perma movement speed increase while we are at it?

Korag and Billy Lee like this.
  5. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

I think it was cool in DFUW where WoF(?) was not a CC skill but rather a anti missiles/AoE bubble. I wasn't a huge fan of it not being transparent in the slightest though so walking into it was a huge blind spot. I think it would be cool that you could basically move a party up to say a city covered by a series of these WoF bubbles and force the enemy to melee instead of just a big AoE fest.

6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

whatever was inside or behind of it was "safe"?

Oresmacker likes this.
  7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

I think it was @Scrubby Bear that said to make it like a wall that blocks projectiles.

Fengor likes this.
  8. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Yes. It also cleared any debuffs you currently had of you ran inside it.

I think wof effects everyone equally to the point where it’s not exclusive to particular play style. Nobody likes dying in a wof. It’s anti fun.

I’d like to see it used as a form of pushing someone away from someone else (a peel), casting it at your feet to shove you forward and an enemy backward, or physically blocking a choke such as a doorway to keep your opponents in there temporarily.

It would be dope if if actually summoned a small wal section like from a city but that’s a whole other can of worms.

In DFUW later on they created the sickest looking rock wall. Used it as a distraction for ganks and revives mostly. Was called like earth barrier or something but that was my favorite spell in game.

Pink Taco and Oresmacker like this.
  9. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

It basically deleted any projectiles going to it and fields aoe's on the outside of it wouldn't touch anyone inside of it. I'm not 100% sure on the debuff removing but it was an ultimate skill with a long cooldown so that's probably right. You could still shoot projectiles inside of it though but to from inside to outside.

10. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

It was essentially like if you were inside a tree in this game and tried to shoot out or someone tried to shoot in.

Not that I know anything about that.

#10 Fengor, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Xipos<3, Kol Taggar and Isaac Clarke like this.
  11. Degamra

Degamra Ghost
    Hero

Another great idea from a great game on the brink of being ripped off by its lesser predecessor

But in actuality, Watery Grave was the real WOF of UW (before it got nerfed/changed to a slow aoe), the primalist ultimate above was wall of RIGHTEOUS force, worf, put some respek on it

12. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Yeah that's the skill. Either way you could change it to however you want it to act and get rid of WoF which people hate for it's lack of skill.

Fengor likes this.
  13. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

Test Server is up
    Throw some mad shit on it in the coming weeks
    Why not (if possible ofc)

I'd like to see Meteor Strike place a Ring on the ground, the radius of its AOE, but then a continuos barrage of meteors keep landing.. so its a Rank 90, but its use is more for Zoning. Similar to an AOE, but not ridiculous. Like a focused AOE control point

Its extremely telegraphed, so all people have to do is get out of it to avoid damage

I'd like if Inferno left a small wall of fire trail in the direction it travelled (up to a point) Scorching the ground beneath it basically, and at impact.

Johhny Mad Dog, Fawley and Lexendros like this.
  14. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Removal of WoF just ensures a press-W meta.

I do prefer group synchronoization. L2 flank buds.

Not interested.

Slayven, The Red King, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  15. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

No one said remove wof

Fengor likes this.
  16. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Or if they dont want to change wof.... make rage not heal and add protections anymore but instead purge all debuffs including disable and grant a short like 1 to 2 seconds of cc immunity so we can have at least some solo counter to wof since light spikes were nerfed.

Even makes lore sense since being wof zerged makes people mad as hell.

17. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I think it's important to have noob tubes in every game. Something everyone can pick up and be useful to a fight regardless of skill. Personally I think it's fine. Can storm last out of it, impulse works iirc, and if in a team you can get come hithered so it does have counterplay

18. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Except noob tubes are supposed to be only good for noobs. Not veterans AND noobs. If it was a true noob tube then nobody in the current server population would be using it.

Thrill Kill and Scrubby Bear like this.
  19. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I mean r90 are noob tube and the best spell rotation soooooooo

20. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

The UW version of WoF was an actual joke, you can't even see shit when you run through it, it's like running through vegetation on yssam: cancer.

Changing WoF would be the removal of WoF.

It's been nerfed numerous times, the press-w/melee playstyle has been buffed numerous times. There really is nothing wrong with it except how long it's been used for.

People keep wanting to change things because they die to them, well tough shit. You're SUPPOSED to eventually die in this game. If BPG listened to every "nerf this, change that" we'd be playing warriorfall circa 2012 where you melee and bandage for 15 minutes straight until someone forgot to pull out.

Learn the counterplay and practice the teamwork, WoFs arent the problem.