Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Wall of Force

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fengor, May 24, 2019.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

one more destro buff in the making.

(id say confusion is worse than wof in sieges)

2. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

On cooldown*
    --- Post updated ---
    Give us back battlespikes and you won’t hear a thing from me :p

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Destros woulnt have to complain if they had stormblast and explosion, but that would be a huge buff to them

4. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Agree, when ever my destro in a wof legit just pull them out easy clap. That kid can’t cant wof for a whole minute. Now confusion I hate confusions in large scale lol but I understand why it’s in the game

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Oresmacker

Supporter

What would really help the wof and confusion situation would be if they could implement some kind of diminishing returns

6. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

if I played atm I'd probably dive into this more

but I dont so not gonna

it's all perspective and everyone has their own

7. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

its not a destro buff if it actually pushes away, it would actually serve a much better purpose in pvp solo and large scale, HELLO??? lower the costs and make it push instead of suck, great skillful pvp change. Maybe I wouldn't get stuck in friendly idiot wofs either.

Oh and bring back battle-spike hops and back damage thanks.

Schnid and Fengor like this.
  8. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

No way man. Ray ray ray ray ray ray ray ray oh shit my mana is gone is the best.

9. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

There needs to be some form of crowd control in this game even if you hate it. Without it you'll be seeing even more aggressive players doing what they want without fear. You can get out of a nasty WoF alone or with teamplay so I really don't want to see it reworked.

Battle Smurf, Blaze, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

[​IMG]

I'm seriously getting sick and tired of these bullshit suggestions to remove key shit from the game.

Leave WoF and Magic the fuck alone! You have already over nerfed it repeatedly while buffing destroyer.

If anything WoF took too many nerfs and it should be unlinked from field AoE cooldown.

WoF is one of the few cool/fun/unique physics based abilities in this game that adds depth to the gameplay. It also is a key element of balance vs W pushers in heavy armor pushing mages shit in.

AND WoF is an equalizer ability that helps bads feel like they contribute to fights

AND WoF allows for badass parkouring and strategy/tactics in group play

While we're at it @kilrain revert Eyerot nefs entirely or at the VERY LEAST make it actually 100% blind someone

Changing WoF IS effectively removing it and when @Sero and I actually agree on something it's probably wise to listen.

Now if you want to ADD more spells or melee archery abilities I'm open to that. Maybe add a replacement skill with the same cooldown as WoF that does the old light battle spike effect?

Some of these crybaby fraggles won't be satisfied until this game is nothing but regular attacks and gear tier is irrelevant. They even admit it! Might as well just make everything the same with the only difference between magic and archery be the color of the projectile.

FUCK THAT!

Stop complaining and making excuses. You kids are soft no one (except maybe Jonah and Scrubby) cried this much in DF1 when WoF was much stronger, as was magic in general.

Things YOU don't like often exist for a REASON.
    --- Post updated ---

LMAO I wonder what spec this kid plays

How biased can you be?

This thread summed up in a meme...

[​IMG]

propain and The Red King like this.
  11. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

Just for the record, I am very interested to eventually see new spells, schools of magics, buffing unpopular spells, etc, and I will likely never go back to mage. I just don't like wof.

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  12. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Take a breather there, chief.

I’m just a conduit in this scenario. Someone asked me to make a thread to discuss (in a civil manner) what people would think about it. I guess I should’ve put quotation marks so you didn’t think I was trying to be one way or the other.

You’re passionate. I clearly see that. However, Take a step back, reevaluate your aggressive behavior, try again calmly, and put forth your input. Being loud doesn’t make people take you more seriously.

To all whom would be interested in my take:

-Combat revert first and then we can discuss fine tuning (I’m aware this is happening) and wel thought out, polled, and tried changes on the PTS before implementation.
    -Eye rot needs a screen shake or a full on screen blind.
    -Reworking old spells to be useful and adding new (not overpowered) abilities
    -I’m not trying to make Destro OP. I want them to go back to the old ways. Hell, I’ll be playing indestructible anyway

13. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I would love to see some new spells and skills added to the game as well. Maybe with your lore books if you collect enough we could learn the "frost blink" ability which lays down a damaging ice carpet and will instantly teleport you 5m toward the direction of your cross hair. It can be an ancient mercian magic spell! THAT WOULD BE COOL.

14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I dont get it.

The same ppl who wish to nerf wof because its easy are the same ones who want to buff eye rot because its harder to use it efficiently.

If i get eye rotted and im looking at you, i can keep track. If i had no idea where i had to look at to see you prior to getting blind, its going to be harder to track you down. At night and based on the environment, eye rot is still very effectif.

15. Oresmacker

Supporter

Everything you say on the forums just gives me more insight to why you are sitting on a refrigerator.

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Fuck outta here with this. Eye rot is fine, so is wof. You have to be stupid to want eye rot back the way it was.
    --- Post updated ---
    @Oresmacker

I'm worried about you.

Does it matter if i'm on a fridge? Didnt your mother told you that it was bad to play in the dark? Put the lights on

17. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Dont we already have a press W meta?

18. Asylum

Asylum Goblin Warlord

You know they cant balance and the w meta get it out make destros do work instead of just haveing a guy in full infernal go in a waf and just dag people in a siege like if destro and mage are the same then i can win fights to like :triumph:

19. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Do i have to block you on the forums too?

20. Asylum

Asylum Goblin Warlord

wtf is wrong with you lol