Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Walls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geezy, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

First off, great siege tonight; two solid back and forth fights, many skirmishes before the siege, etc.

There's only one thing that left a bit of confusion and misunderstanding on the proceedings this evening... the actions that were taken to destroy city walls.

I don't have all the information, so I'm not going to do any speculating. I'd simply like to invite a GM, or BPG representative, to give their full explanation on the matter. @Ibis @Metalkon @Neilk @Bound @Andrew or anyone else I neglected to tag.

I'd say there is a fair amount of mistrust among the playerbase and the GM team (whether that mistrust is warranted is another thread entirely...) and I personally think explaining what happened tonight concerning the siege would help to keep that relationship from worsening.

Thanks.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Marxman likes this.
  2. Metalkon

Metalkon GM Team Lead
    Staff Member Team Lead

Hello Geezy, there was an issue with some of the city walls being restored either due to the server crash or by player actions. After the GM Team confirmed that some of the walls were supposed to be destroyed by going through the logs and some provided video footage, we decided to destroy the restored walls and inform the leaders from both sides of the siege. Regardless of what caused these city walls to be restored, GM action was needed to bring things back to what they should have been.

Geezy and Kantor like this.
  3. Marianna

Marianna Goblin Scout

Can I get my loot from farming that I lost in a strongbox too? Thanks

4. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

The special treatment has become pretty blatant. Bpg is on a slippery slope right now with this kind of disregard, to letting all things be equal, server crash or not... anyone remember a certain skogul siege... where the server crashed and the clan that was better prepared won. But in steps the gm to switch the ownership back over to the losers... guess what clan that was.

5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

great siege?

30 fps?
    ppl being ganked 5x and returning naked?
    34v57?
    walls?

nah.

#5 NonFactor, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

We obviously had way more, more skilled more geared, more strategy, more good looking.. those walls really did win us the fight tho amirite?

7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

no, bindstone respawn did you win.

8. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Thanks for the quick response Metalkon. A few follow-up questions, if you don't mind...

1. You say the issues with the walls was either caused by server crash or player actions... it can't be determined which? Server crash is fairly unavoidable, but if someone rebuilt walls during a siege, that's a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Especially since it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

2. Why did it take so long for the issue with the walls to be resolved? Having the walls taken down mid-siege was a curious decision. Was the issue itself not reported until mid-siege? Because I had heard differently.
    --- Post updated ---
    Didn't hear anyone in BW complain about FPS... upgrade your toaster?
    It's called a bindstone? Every city/hamlet has one? Should probably find a way to mitigate that beforehand, instead of crying about it after?
    Graduate of the Saint school for kids that never learned to count good? Did you count my alt that was repairing walls earlier? Because if not that's 58?
    Walls didn't lose or win you that siege? But I guess it's a good excuse?

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Contributor Legend Streamer

Better be careful Dwarf, the Gods do not like to be questioned.

10. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Naw, I don't think they mind questions. Just don't be a dick.

Stuff like what happened at the siege last night needs to be out in the open, fully explained and addressed, so there's no confusion.

Andrew likes this.
  11. Ibis

Ibis Goblin Warlord
    Staff Member Game Master

the reason it
    its "partly" my fault it was first handled mid-siege.

at 11 PM GMT we had a report coming in on overseer bot which i first noticed at 3 AM GMT
    and at this point i reacted to it as quickly as as i could with confirming the video footage provided with our logs and present it all to metalkon so its not just 1 person that take the decisions on the actions when its siege related.

I presented Metalkon with my own findings, the video and the logs to have him confirm the findings and we agreed to the walls should be destroyed since they had been restored in one way or another

Geezy likes this.
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

they were all constantly at 3 secs loading screen 90% of the siege. they cant even notice it

13. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

He's Brazilian...

14. zalmoxisUD

zalmoxisUD Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Patron

how many people did you guys have?

15. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

depends on the fight. First fight we had 35 ish? We gained a few though out the night, but never had more than 3 groups.