Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

War Dec Ganking is Starting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uzik, May 13, 2017.

1. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I think here is a point where the devs need to stop arguing with their players and think about how many people are expressing confusion with the system. If people are being continuously confused by it, maybe its telling you you need to rethink it, instead of constantly having to tell people 'that's how it works'.

This kind of hard headedness is counter productive to improving the game and making it more intuitive for current and future players alike.

paxprobellum and Kurise LXV like this.
  2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

It's not about being hard headed, it's about making sure people understand how it's suppose to work before they try telling us what changes need to happen.

The orange is there as a separation between being allowed inside lesser cities or not. That part is not going to change. So if we change their color to red people will assume all reds are exactly the same and assume they can attack a read at any location. You don't lose alignment for attacking and killing an orange player, but in the lesser cities "tile" people will go rogue for it to activate the guard towers. If we allowed them in without activating the guard towers then they would just get slaughtered.

One thing we are going to do is implement areas just for NPC cites, like player cities have, where it doesn't rely on the entire tile, but rather the vicinity of the city itself. This doesn't change the idea though that some negatively aligned players will be allowed into those lesser outskirt cities.

Slayven likes this.
  3. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

The problem is its counter intuitive, for years orange meant war dec and in general orange is a warming color, if blue is good and red is bad then maybe the inbetween state is purple or some color that is neither a warning color nor a friendly one, but having orange as a color that will have towers attack you if you attack them is very confusing.

Edit: its also possible the problem lies in the -200 threshold for some npc cities maybe it would be better to shift the scale so 0 is the -200 and 200 is the 0 so you need 200+ for the cities you now need 0 and 0 for the cities you now need -200.

4. Vader2103

Vader2103 Goblin Shaman

I was very confused with the new color system myself...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

This is the part I was referring to when discussing the patch notes. New players have no clue that war dec color used to be orange.

If we can come up with a better color scheme I'm all for it, but I still stand that the lesser cities are at this point going to allow down to -200.

Originally I wanted to even it all out and make the "neutral" levels -100 to 100.

6. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Its your game and im not going to bang my head, but I really think you guys have a tendency to over look easy to solve issues through pure hard headedness and instead of going 'okay way too many people are having a problem here lets do something' you are just responding over and over telling people where they are having a problem.

you can choose to either keep having to tell people over and over or you can choose to rectify it, there is nothing I can do about your choice, but I am making sure you do see there is a choice.

Kurise LXV likes this.
  7. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

Even the Vets are confused, STILL! LOL....

As for new players like myself, common sense through playing other MMO's with PvP systems. Blue = Good, Red = Bad, In between = Lightly colored or a varying color of the two extremes mean their still bad or good but at a less extent. Meaning if you attack someone that's a different color of red it should work the same way as if you're attacking someone who IS red. And same goes for someone light blue, it means their good but they been bad lately or had to defend themselves or something.

From a game development stand point wouldn't the system be more simple if it goes as follow: (In example 10,000 is max align)

Dark Blue = 6,500 -10,000
    Blue = 5,100 - 6,499
    Gray = 4,900 - 5,099
    Light Red = 4,899 - 2,500
    Dark Red = 2,499 - 0

War Target = White
    Party = Purple/Lavender

Any blue colored player is safe to travel inside NPC cities.
    Any gray colored player is NOT safe to travel inside NPC cities. But can still travel through lesser NPC Hamlets, and of course Chaos Cities.
    Any red colored player is NOT safe to travel inside NPC cities or NPC Hamlets. They MUST use Chaos cities until they gain alignment.
    ALL colors listed can still use Clan Hamlets and personal housing(when released). --- Have to list this just to be clear to players.

Then how ever much kills decrease alignment by list that. And list the ways you can regain alignment so new players know what to do if they wish to get back to being blue.

8. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

"Lesser cities" ? Are these even mentioned in game or are we just supposed to assume what they are?

Orange shouldn't exist you should be able to enter any NPC city if you are above -1 alignment and attacked by towers if below 0, remove orange and go back to red / blue, there is literally no purpose for an orange.

Being able to enter capital city but not "lesser cities" is in no way important to any player currently, there has never been a time if I have wondered "can that player go into lesser cities?!" I literally thought every NPC city worked the same LOL what is this??????

9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

All you ever do is complain and claim we are being hard headed. If you want to help then have discussions and give potential solutions. What you do benefits no one.

Fengor likes this.
  10. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

What do you think this post is?
    Yeah no possible solutions there, nope none. Thats what I mean by hard headedness, you are claiming I dont offer solutions in a thread chain based around me offering solutions.

Like wtf....

Esquilofreniko and Kurise LXV like this.
  11. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

I tried discussing it. You told me I was hard headed.

12. CrownOfThorns

CrownOfThorns Goblin Scout

Complete newb to Darkfall here, and having some fun so far. Glad I saw this topic. To me it sounds like just need some more tutorial or explanations that new players run in to. A quick slide pop up on color of names/meaning would be fairly easy to do wouldn't it? Doesn't need to be a high end CGI battle scene or anything lol.

Now having read this. I would reconsider joining a clan right away I don't want to get killed so easily in town, but I also now know a bit more about colors.

13. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Yeas we will both add it to the beginning tutorial and we are also adding/continuing to improve the help window

Fengor and CrownOfThorns like this.
  14. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Okay heres a moment of truth you can either admit you were wrong for accusing me for only complaining and not offering solutions when just a couple posts earlier i did the exact opposite, or I just have to assume you are so unreasonable you will make a false claim, be shown its false and still continue on as if you did nothing wrong.

Can you admit error or are you hard headed? (right now you are just proving my observation correct)

Edit: well here we are 1.5 hours later and mid discussion you just disappeared instead of admitting your mistake and if that doesn't prove me right, I dont know what to tell you.

#194 Mycke, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  15. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

orange itself had nothing to do with them being allowed in lesser cities, it just worked out that way. The color orange was just a gradual change from red. Like Blue -> lighter blue.

Fengor likes this.
  16. Goretusk

Goretusk Goblin Shaman
    Hero

everything above 0 should be in a blue spectrum navy-> baby. then -1 on down should be brick -> bright red. warring clans orange, someone your allies at war with yellow (if that option is even a thing).

and to reiterate my point earlier: that war splash screen should happen at every log in while your clan is at war

Killa162, Slayven and TryHard like this.
  17. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Edited: Forget it.

Goretusk likes this.
  18. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I think that all players should be protected under law in lawful areas, meaning that towers will aggro people who attack enemy clans in NPC cities, and players will lose alignment for murdering people in NPC cities.

NPC city cares not about your petty squabbles!

Outside of lawful areas you're free to engage in warfare with no alignment penalty.

Kurise LXV likes this.
  19. hirve

hirve Goblin Warlord

crafting in this game is so insanely shitty and horrible, you can't possibly expect anyone to do it while they're not 100% afk

going afk for 2 hours and coming back naked seems pretty flower
    --- Post updated ---
    hf explaining the same thing over and over every day

Kurise LXV likes this.
  20. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Lol. And all you appear to do is argue with people who are making a suggestion that YOU don't agree with.

Here is a post with A LOT of people complaining about an issue. And you ignore the concerns.

Now, consider how much of your population does not browse the forums looking for very important information that isn't provided.

If you want this game to succeed, stop living in 2009. Shit needs to change and be improved. This current system is very confusing. If you need to constantly explain these things to us, you need to realize it's probably a bad system.

Mycke likes this.