Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

War Dec Ganking is Starting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uzik, May 13, 2017.

1. bertacus

bertacus Goblin Shaman
    Legend

i agree... and the guild was the gentlemen..

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

By your logic, a greifing clan of 9 players driving away hundreds of newbies is worth it. That's what you believe. It's one thing to be Red and kill newbs at goblin spawns. It's a whole different ball game when you're war decing noobs in capital cities to steal their ingots.

I hope you never run a business because you have no clue how it works. And it seems like BPG doesn't get it either. Oh well, money talks and when they see a massive dip in the sub count, they'll realize they dun goofed

Maejohl likes this.
  3. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Lost 500 ingots and some ore and tons of other crap to this today

Left the clan and there was no indication that it wasn't immediate - apparently nothing in the game tells you this - and the same guy killed me again and took even more shit

Right in the dwarf capital

I can't imagine any legit noobs putting up with this. Got banned from discord for bringing it up by destrolock (nice way of handling feedback - wasn't even swearing or spamming or anything)

Didn't know this thread existed

edit: also the heavy handed banning and kicking in discord isn't professional at all. your team is not doing a very good job at behaving like a real company. i'm not saying you have to put up with the kind of abuse blizzard does on their forums, but it's been made very obvious there's a bunch of ex dickhead players who like to use their power

if you want to run a business you need to grow a thicker skin than to kick and ban someone complaining about the lack of information in the game about stuff like npc city war decs and timers on leaving clans. i've worked with a major game dev shop that put out a major AAA release last year and one of the first things you learn is that all feedback is valid.

or just suffer the same fate that DFO did

#63 merkmerk73, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Killa162, Stoned, streaml1ne and 5 others like this.
  4. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

And all the loser vets will say it's your fault LOL!!!

5. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Supporter Contributor

welcome to DF, enjoy your stay

you made your first DF enemy today. Will you have the balls to fight back or just cry on forums?
    Its up to you!

Slayven likes this.
  6. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Name the person / clan. It will make it easier to target them. :)

7. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

By my logic if the rules allow it you cant ban people, but by your logic, nvm you don't have logic.I own my own business btw you nit wit, but anyway its obvious you are pretty clueless and are suggesting the worst way to solve this issue. We all see the problem but you think the solution is banning people, I bet you don't own your own business, in fact id be surprised if you had a job.

You have a nice day and I hope some day you figure out why you cant just ban people when they aren't cheating, maybe whn you get out of high school and get a job, ull get fired for something that wasn't against company rules until the boss didn't like it, though I doubt you will see the parallel.

8. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Trying to figure out the purpose of having 1-way war decs in the first place. I thought it was stupid in DFO, and it's still stupid here.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's not entirely correct. During sieges, players involved in the siege shouldn't be able to hide in NPC cities. But there are easy solutions to make minimize the ability of griefers to exploit it.
    --- Post updated ---
    The mechanics of the game "allow" you to make racist comments in New Player chat, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be banned for it.

9. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Do the rule permit it, because if you could read you would have noticed I said 'rules allow', though while on the subject, the forum allows you to make stupid points that doesn't mean you shouldn't be called an idiot.

10. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

The mechanics of the game "allow" you to make racist comments in New Player
    The rules can be changed by typing a few words. This is a discussion about what the rules should be. So your "logic" about what the rules "are" is totally irrelevant to the discussion.

11. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Though I usually give a clue to the clueless, you have convinced me id be wasting my time.

Some people are immune to reason...

12. Old Man

Old Man Goblin Scout

Nothing really to add to the post besides for every five people supporting a change, one person is against it.

I just hope the company doesn't listen to that "one".

13. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Thanks for the laugh. If there was any "reason" in your comments, it would infect us all.

14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Momento declared war on us for no reason. These guys will recruit anyone. Yet, their newb's were the ones who died the most in that war. 1 of them lost a ton of mats i've heard on ts.

I've stumbled on a newb yellow monento with newb protection. He'd be dead if the halo wasn't above his head. So i told him not to come back if he loses the protection since i will suffer no punishment for killing a yellow player.
    He thanked me for that.

15. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

This was discussed over a year ago. It's still like this because one of the devs had so much fun fighting with wardecs in npc cities. Just remove the stupid hamlet that's right outside of the npc town and make towers attack regardless of war decs. This is such a stupid ass system. Ideally they need more types of flagging. Rogue for attacking, and a second flag for looting corpses of blue players. The flag for looting other players corpses should give anyone the ability to attack that player consequence free for X minutes. Obviously they should be able to freely defend themselves as well. When another game has already done this correctly, rip their idea off.

16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

We used to tell guys like you to leave the NPC cities as soon as possible, but that's actually what's killing the game.

17. Eradoras

Eradoras Goblin Scout

Why not to flag them with a specific color during a certain period of time when they do this ?. they will be then targetted by all as to be a priority top target.

this will add some fun in my mind as i am not fully convinced that we have to make the NPC city protected for blue. this change the spirit of the game. the flag is in my mind the right answer. "if you do it your life will be a hell during X hours/week"

Last Hope

18. Anthrage

Anthrage Goblin Scout

The current system is highly flawed - there is no significant disagreement on this point, BPG has in effect admitted this and has stated it plans to address it. The only real issue here is if the proprosed intermin solution - war deccing the offending clans - and leaving things solely in the hands of the players for the time being, is sufficient to decelerate the loss of new players.

That leads to the question of what could actually be done in terms of game mechanics that is easy and reasonable. My proposed (interim?) solution would be the following:

-War Deccing allows a clan to attack another clan without alignment impact, no going rogue
    -Attacking other players in an NPC town - more simply put, in proximity to towers - still causes those towers to fire on you
    -Towers fire not only on the player doing the attacking, but ALL members of that clan, in all cities, everywhere

This should allow for legitimate, planned and tactical attacking of enemy players/clans in NPC cities, something which in certain circumstances has an actual purpose beyond griefing and must be allowable by game mechanics (unless certain other things change). It also makes doing so simply for the purpose of griefing unsuspecting new players have more significant consequences. It can still be done, but it's much messier - not only will the attacking player face them, but so will the clan member reviving them, the one looting, and everyone else in said clan...

This should be do-able, may be fairly simple in terms of the code changes involved, and would serve as a deterrent in most, but not all, cases.

19. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

There are two much simpler solutions: (1) get rid of war decs, or (2) make them only take effect if the clans both war dec each other or are in a siege.

20. Anthrage

Anthrage Goblin Scout

Since both of those options create other issues, I do not consider them to be simpler. Solving 1 problem but creating several more is not a solution.