Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

War Dec Ganking is Starting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uzik, May 13, 2017.

1. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

then, pray tell, how would anyone siege a clans holding if the other clan doesnt want to go to war to accept the siege?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Anthrage

Anthrage Goblin Scout

This would only be a problem if War Decs had to be consensual - I did not propose that.

3. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

odd, you're actually not the one i was quoting...

4. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

BPG were warned that removing race wars and their red/blue alignment system would lead to more newbies being focused without a clear game reason. And that this would force them out of the game.

If a newbie elf is killed by a vet wolf the newbie elf will understand the logic - and will feel safer inside their NPC city, so will be less likely to quit when they die.

As for the wardec system - it's just bad. Darkfall: New Dawn devs have a partial fix in place for that which stopped the war dec ganking (dropping a war can cost a lot of gold - because going to war should have weight and meaning). And they're adding more refinements to that system as they continue their development. Hopefully the RoA devs will come up with a decent fix for this issue. It's one issue that's going to push newbies away fast.

Bartlebe likes this.
  5. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

What other issues. Name one.

6. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

what would fix the issue is a proper tutorial area where noobs learn to play along with a forced noob clan.. you dont try to join it, you're in it when you start the game. noob clan cannot be war dec'd. you can even have TWO noob clans in the starter area, so that there's a constant war between those two clans. those clans would only be able to fight each other outside the npc village/city in the tutorial zone or in an arena type area specifically labelled for such purpose..

in DAoC, they have a tutorial zone, and when you hit a certain level you're given a quest to go and find someone/something in a pvp area, maybe you get out fine, maybe you get jumped by other players..

even better make the race wars effective in the tutorial zone as well, you have clan 1, and clan 2, AND they understand the history of the races, they get the pvp, they get a chance to experience clan wars and when they come out of the starter area, the only way they'll be shocked when they die, is if someone bank ganks them or something..

but yeah, this is going to be too costly in resources and time... thats why they didn't do a proper tutorial to begin with, and THAT is the reason the noobs are unprepared for the ass kicking they're receiving.

because the only other alternative, is to stop screwing with noobs, and we all know that's gonna happen instantly.

7. Poisonus

Poisonus Goblin Warrior

Returning from DF1 player here, the color names are confusing even to me and I can see how they are confusing to totally new players.

It should be very simple like:
    blue = blue
    grey = rogue
    red = red
    orange = clan war

If you want to keep orange as is to give a warning to new players about the "intentions" of a player, then give clan war targets another color like black or something.

Furthermore, like in other games, let the official war start 1 day after the declaration so that some assholes don't abuse instant (5 mins) war decs to kill some new players they saw in a city.

Killa162 and PandahSykes like this.
  8. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

They should disable war decs until they find a proper solution, or they will lose new players. It only serves one purpose at the moment; clans abusing it to kill people who don't know what war is in DF.

9. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

War targets are yellow with an icon beside the name.

10. PandahSykes

PandahSykes Goblin Shaman

Then what are orange colored names ?

11. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Players between 0 and -200 alignment who are allowed in Lesser NPC cities.

12. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

Because, as was previously suggested, a siege drop would automatically put both clans at war.

13. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

A 2 hour time period before a war dec becomes active has been tried elsewhere and works pretty well to eliminate some of the opportunistic griefing that can happen in npc towns. War decs are still going to happen but at least it cuts down on the wardeccing someone you see walking overencumbered to a crafting station type of situation.
    Understandable how wardecs can be frustrating for a small clan of newbs, but really shouldn't be an issue in larger clans. Larger clans should mostly have a holding or two and enough seniority to look after new players in such an event. I understand that you can't be everywhere at once, but with wilderness portals and a little coordination there's plenty of opportunity to band together and fight back. If senior members are too busy/bored to bother protecting newbs than I'd suggest dropping clan.

14. trammiesurprise

trammiesurprise Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

This is so true. I am a long time player including RoA Beta and yesterday some players approached me in a dungeon, I saw a group of orange tagged players coming towards me and asked in comms "What the fuck is an Orange???" nobody in comms could give me an answer... So assuming that orange is close to red I eliminated the hostile threat only to find out later they may not have been hostiles.

15. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Lol Trammie same bullshit happened to me yesterday, whoops. Now I know that I can't attack them without taking the hit haha.

16. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

Orange should be attackable anywhere without zap Tower protecting them and aligment hit.

Scrapnotcrap and RobTheAxe like this.
  17. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Well, they just increased war dec to 25k. That should cut down on the griefing.

18. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Make sieges an exception (i.e. the war dec goes into effect if the other clan decs back, or if the first clan drops a siege), or decouple sieges and war decs (i.e. don't require war decs to drop sieges).

19. Stress Fracture

Stress Fracture Goblin Shaman

problem with npc cities being safe is that it gives clans a "safe" place to craft city defense and city assault gear.

Repair shards, battlespikes, building mods.

The fix would be making the NPC cities safe AND disabling the crafting of everything city related.

You would then have to go to a chaos city to craft the initial city claiming stuff like building mods to build banks and stuff.

Might be cool.

20. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Just disable all combat in cities regardless of war dec or not for now

That's the safest thing