Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Water Casting is worse than using a mount to get out of a house

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Train of Pain, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Deadeye

You can't just go and decide case by case tho. I for example dont see anything wrong with going through a window with a mount. I think its fun as well. Going under the world is obvious on the other hand. And there are many cases like this. If there aren't exact rules about exploits how are you supposed to know what is ok and what isnt. It becomes stupid very quickly.
    Oh watercasting is ok, but is stambug on a mount ok to use? Do we have to makea big list with all the exploits that will get you banned? What if someone discovers a new exploit? Can he use it or will he get banned? Where do we draw the line between ban and being ok to use an exploit?
    Games like Starcraft have a list of exloit everyone uses, mutastacking for example. But its ok to use any exploit in that game, no exploit will suddenly get you disqualified in a tournament. Games need clear rules otherwise everything becomes grey and the whole posting videos about people using exploits is terrible for the game lets face it.

2. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Wildtribe Mage

I personally do not see anything wrong with this vid. I really want to go practice this now.

M ~

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Clever use of game mechanics.

Other spells shoot through water as well.

4. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Banning for that would be so carebear omfg I cannot believe I am seeing threads like this.

5. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Everyone likes to cry cry cry.

6. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

bolting people underwater when i dont have a bow is the most fun thing ever

Wes Furtive and Aristos Giannes like this.
  7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I think it makes more sense that you would be able to shoot spells under water, especially water magic spells, than shooting a bow under water.

8. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

UW SUGGESTION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kwatos likes this.
  9. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

The AV mods used to say it was intelligent use of game mechanics. Not sure if bpg agrees

10. Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Deadeye

I agree, if you would look at clips from twitch you could probably get at least 10 other people "banned" for doing this.
    And you could say the same about the mount bug. Its definitely not black and white.

Personally I dont think you should get banned for either one. But the problem with this is where does exploiting start. Imo when it affects people like at sieges or when you exploit under the world where you cant be killed it becomes cheating in a sense that you have a serious advantage over people.

11. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Didn't play UW.

12. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

WTF how have i just realized this?? why the fuck can we not use water spells under water LOOOOOL

but then again can u imagine wof ing people in water would be a bit broken ;/ dunno suggestion INC

13. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Should test it. I wonder if you can just swim out of the wof lol....

Truedon likes this.
  14. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

dno if this is or should be considered a bannable offense but am i the only one that thinks that these type of "name and shame" threads are bad publicity? in any other game a thread like this would be instantly deleted and you would get a warning. if you find some1 using any kind of exploit you should report it to a GM via a private message. posting stuff like this publicly so everyone can see it just isnt good for the games reputation. was the same thing with the mount->house exploit. before only the old players knew this was possible and probably not even all of them. now everyone knows about it. imagine a new player wants to check the game out and goes to the video section to find some actual game play and the first thing he sees is 2 threads that accuse ppl of exploiting with video proof on the first page. surely thats the opposite of clever marketing...

15. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Benefactor Legend

This isn't really an exploit, it's as much of an exploit as Bunnyhopping is by definition. Using a mount to get out of a house has always been considered a geometry exploit. In my eyes(pun not intended)

16. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

Where's the line?

17. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Loyal Streamer Contributor Legend

You could also see people getting on mounts through windows in DFO and no one banned them.

18. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Benefactor Legend

It required video proof and sending a support ticket to AV because the GMs had their hands tied as they were just contracted out and were not apart of AV. (Back in DFO barely anyone recorded) if I remember right, that may have been UW though.

19. skreww L00se

skreww L00se Undead Dwarf
    Legend

As a few others have argued I would say allow it. Throughout competitive games there are always glitches that surface that can actually add to the skill ceiling. As long as it's not guaranteed and takes some skill to pull off I am okay with. Casting underwater is not easy, nor "hard", it requires timing.

Some other examples:
    Animation cancels in Overwatch
    Strafe Jumping in Quake
    Animation cancels/button glitches in Halo2 (BXR, BXB, Double Shot, Backpack reload etc)
    Wavedash, L Cancel, Shield Drop etc. in Super Smash Bros Melee
    Wall bouncing in Gears of War

These are things that in most cases, if you mess up you're punished or at a disadvantage after and are not single button commands/super easy. Same thing with the underwater casting. If you mess it up you just wasted valuable time and stats.

20. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Just documented a litany of bugs that are in the game.. WHY WAS THE GAME RELEASED?????
    What in the world was BPG thinking. THIS IS ABSURD. What is going on. Why did you charge us for a game with this many bugs??? And the list goes on and on??? what other bugs are in the game? We as customers have a right to know what is being done about all of these exploits.