Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

We need a decent wiki

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Avenging Martyr, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

So I've looked around a little and some basic info for the original darkfall can be found. However it's not detailed enough or completely empty in alot of areas.

Almost all the "guides" out there were made in the early days and few good ones are out there. If a wiki was made that could be either accessed from the main page or just linked it would be a good place for new people to check for information.

Maybe not even a wiki but a area for that kind of information. There is a massive amount of information that is needed in darkfall. The more we can give them so they can make a decent decision.

Hell even starting races. Explain the differences in height, hitbox, weapon reach starting areas ect. So when starting out people can read that yeah whatever you pick makes one hell of a difference. This information is all vital to a new player.

When was the last time you seen a guide or video explaining a alfar with a polearm still has a decent reach? or that a ork with a axe is a huge target but that's only for ranged combat they get close enough quickly and with a much better reach with that axe than smaller races they can hit like a freight train and stay within reach of the target easier. Tearing melee or ranged types to pieces.

We need a place for all types of information. Typed out guides, Video tutorials and basic information. Every game needs a good site for this kind of stuff. If it could be made/controlled by BpG that would be the best I think.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Warin, Baraz and Nat like this.
  2. Flying Dutchmaster

Flying Dutchmaster Gravelord
    Legend

As Lloyd Banks said "Vroom! Vroom! Start it up!"
    [​IMG]

3. Avenging Martyr

Legend

Ha, if they added a wiki/information section/website I probably would add alot of info. I'm all for helping this game grow into its potential.

I just wish I had those special details only the company will have access to (Once they have the license and access to all that glorius data). Like specific reach distances for each race. Actual hit box sizes ect.

I can still add basic details but not the specifics. Which my inner nerd wants to know XD

Baraz likes this.
  4. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

5. Suncross

Suncross Ghost

Maybe we can add a wiki here. I hate having to open a bunch of tabs for websites. That's so 2009.

6. Avenging Martyr

Legend

That and if it's linked or right on this site everyone who plays can find it easily. It's not something someone needs to tell you about. Hidden somewhere on the net. People who want to learn will google stuff but that only goes so far.

I took a look at that site. Other than a alphabetical list of all the mobs it's incomplete. Not all drops/skinning mats are listed, most locations of mobs are not listed. Very few have descriptions of how to fight them or how the mob attacks you. Some are missing pictures (suprising how many pictures are there though). Someone did try but it's incomplete. Something like that could be very useful if it had the all the appropriate information.

I would like to see a section for this website where all that and more information could be put in for anyone to access.

7. SabinBlitz

SabinBlitz Goblin Warlord
    Legend

I've written a few wiki sites for random video games and sold them to Curse over the years. It takes A LOT of work and Darkfall would have a TON of info.

If you are willing to put in the time to help fill out content, I'd be happy to set up a website with a wiki. It would be nice to have a wiki set up as a branch off this website though. I'd be happy to help set up the MediaWiki program for the Devs if they need a hand.

Urek Mazino and Suncross like this.
  8. Avenging Martyr

Legend

If the devs did add a section to this website I'd spend time adding stuff to it. Just because of how useful it would be overall. There is alot of good solid information out there it's just spread out and mostly forgotten. I made a thread for new players which has everything I have found so far but one location for everything would be ideal.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  9. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

it's a good idea.

Suncross likes this.
  10. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Ya we can definitely look at adding a wiki section to the site after our next release. I already had it in mind.

11. KeithStone

KeithStone Deadeye
    Supporter

Xenforo has a few good built in wiki addons that range from $10 - $60, they are all in the Xenforo resources section.

12. Rigon

Rigon Gravelord
    Legend

Wiki info.

Buy regs macro.

Urek Mazino and Suncross like this.
  13. Suncross

Suncross Ghost

Lol that sig.
    Maybe the community should get together and start making one too.

Depetch and Rigon like this.
  14. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Kind of necro but...

What happened to that idea?

15. foolofatom

foolofatom Goblin Scout

Any update on this?

16. Baraz

Baraz Skeleton Archer

I used it a lot for Darkfall 1.

I am very much in favor of a ROA Wiki that the community can update and moderate. A lot of info, for new players especially, is not explicit.

17. Nachtmyn

Nachtmyn Goblin Warlord
    Hero

I'm all for BPG running their own wiki. The accuracy and update time would be amazing. But there is technically a wiki from a third party already, though they need more contributions: http://wiki.riseofagon.info/

The world map is the most useful tool they have, with search functions on loot types etc.

18. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Tbh we need an ingame wiki.

Nat likes this.
  19. Baraz

Baraz Skeleton Archer

I created an account on wiki.riseofagon.info ...
    - I do not think it can be modified and community managed like a Wiki : it's a Wordpress web site.
    --- Post updated ---
    Here is an example of a game Wiki that I found useful :
    http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Category:Game_Mechanics

#19 Baraz, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Nat likes this.
  20. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

@kilrain mentioned an ingame wiki with player contribution/moderation. Whatever happened to that? These community ones are nice but they aren't well updated with pages simply missing with no way of contributing yourself.