Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

We NEED reputation points! COME ON MAN!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JEDIMind, Mar 27, 2020.

1. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Between daily task quests, daily dungeon quests, named mobs, champions, and the new quests being added you cant some how make them give reputation points to spend at specific venders depending on area that task was completed?

Points to buy
    Enchants
    Weapons
    Armors
    potions
    crafting mats
    110/120 pots
    housing items
    plat
    maps
    boats
    rare mats
    champ weps
    dyes
    and more

Can place vendors all around the world, have people travel to them for whatever special item that vendor might sell. Pretty simple idea Smooth been blasting.

2. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

3. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

More pve options.
    Adds some progression.
    People would do more quests which puts people into the world.
    Can make more skin options, dye options, and rare weapon option different factions could sell.
    More things to work for.

why not?

Kalos, Korag, Inkarnation and 2 others like this.
  4. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

i think most new players are still very lost while they are trying the game out..

i would not take too many efforts to use the useless NPC's in the world( or even place some) to add serveral quest's with decent rewards to the game.. maybe

Altho i think the tasks are working as expected.. and people farming titles.. i suspect that a new player get still overwelmed by the GUI and specially the bindings in this game..

But maybe @Trixie can provide some feedback on how many players they invite to their clan and how many stick to it..

He prolly has a better overview then most us

Methodico likes this.
  5. Methodico

Methodico Spellgazer

Keybindings and no cap kill this game. Im playing Ultima too, and i love to make different characters because i have 700 points to build my combat style. I think that we Need something similar here, because for now we have only two class and 1000 bindings, Freedom=0

MaxiHori likes this.
  6. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Deadeye

Many of the things you list would take away from crafters in this game. You can buy almost all of this on the market and if no stock is there put a buy order up. Use that gold you have from Villages to support the people who like to craft and play the market.

7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

I can craft everything myself. And as a crafter i would have more stuff to craft to put up On the market.
    I HATE...I mean hate when people tell me to use the market. This is a damn MMORPG...I don't want to progress my bank or character by using the market. Take @Neilk logic for example...can buy 110/120 from market. First..I don't want my hard work of farming get ripped off by people charging crazy prices i have to pay. I would rather farm 10 hours by myself to get one before paying these crazy prices to people. ON TOP OF THAT....no one does champs and no one sells 120s. Well.... kill guardians " 10 pots = 1" . Probably the dumbest thing I've heard. You want me to kill 600 guardians?? And that's if I get everything perfect but let's be honest I'm gonna get tons of wisdom pots...so maybe 700 of them. You know how much time you're asking me to stare at the same monster for??? I don't mind investing the same amount of time That it would take me to kill 700 guardians....but I'm not killing 700 things...burns me out and not fun after the 10th one. Thats how you want me to progress? Kill the same mob you've thrown into a hotspot endlessly over and over? Why not add more options for the people that wanna play this game? I would be doing dailies all over..farming different mobs..Even if I was able to get one 120 every week by doing 50 dailies I would do it...I could do it. Come on Neilk...you have time to kill 600+ guardians? How many new players would leave if you explained to them that they had to kill 600+ of the same monster to maybe max out your char. Come on man..how many would leave after they got board force to kill the same mob over and over again? Just a bad system that makes no sense. I harp on this cause I'm a end game player with only one thing to do left in the game but have to decide weather if I'm gonna go farm the same mob for endless hours or do other stuff with my clan. While my clan is doing dailes, killing demons, killing dragons and other stuff I'm stuck killing one mob over and over. I think maybe when you hear me talking about this you're saying to youself " he just wants it easy". Honestly you could make it take more time to get one 120 from dailies then killing 100 guardians and I'll still do it cause it's a lot of fun doing muti things to progress then being force to do one way.

#7 JEDIMind, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  8. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

How would "reputation points" do that, where other things in the game wouldn't? Why add yet another layer of arbitrary complexity?

9. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

its not another layer of complexity its a reward for doing random activities and playing the game, breathing life into the open world, aka what platinum should have been

this is a brilliant idea

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Korag, JEDIMind and The Red King like this.
  10. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

There are already rewards for doing "random activities." This is just another layer of paint, for no real good reason.

11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

The rewards are good. But you could take them away and add points so players could buy what they want and need. I did a daily yesterday in some dungeon with 2 other guys. Was fun as hell getting out doing something other then PvP at villages but at the end I was rewarded a 110 wisdom pot..I don't need a wisdom pot? I don't need gold from it. So I basically just leveled someone's wisdom cause I'll never use it...don't need wisdom or the gold selling it.
    You don't think more people would do them more if their rewards could be something they get to pick from a vendor? More people wouldn't be in the world? As of right now I'll never do another daily cause it's pointless to do.

Think I was also rewarded some horrorfrost too.

#11 JEDIMind, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  12. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

You sell the wisdom pot, and buy something else you need. This post of yours just gave me another reason I don't like your idea (of adding an arbitrary point system to the game in lieu of regular loot/rewards) -- it will reduce the need for economic interaction among players.

13. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

The sense of progressing your character through the game is lost when you can buy it off the market.

14. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

i made a new char one time to start from scratch and see how it feels, goal was to get to 100 stats
    i farmed cairn giants for like 2 hours till i had enough to buy all the pots off the market

boy did that feel fun and rewarding, great progression, made much sense

15. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Everyone knows now that the real progression is 100 to 120.

16. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

yeah ofc, my point was just that it felt like shit to ''just buy off the market lul''

Korag and JEDIMind like this.
  17. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

So what role does earning 'reputation points' fill? What are you hoping to buy.. and why not just the 'gold points/coins' you get, to buy stuff instead?

If gold is still not as useful, then there just needs to be more sinks. Or more clever ones

18. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Few things. First you could buy stuff YOU want. You would not get daily rewards that were not useless.
    You see everyone right now in agon buying enchanting mats? Players don't want to head to the ONE spot that drops that one mat off a one mob that spawn every 10min...think newer players will go there? Why not be able to have lower tier mobs and have points add up where then you could spend those points to buy mats you need? Every mob starts to have value where you didn't need to target specific mobs for dailies or mats. Also this would help with the market. People would have more items for sale plus they wouldn't be so overpriced. I'm selling q5 mats for 5k...it's a joke. Could buy stuff from rep venders and put it on the market. Some people are doing dailes but more would go out into the world and do them if you could actually pick what you wanted to work towards. Be it dyes, stats, armor, mats, or some cool skins. It just adds stuff to do.
    I just think about people who get to my level ( stats ) but don't love the game as much as me. They will end up leaving cause there nothing to do besides porting into villages to get zerg down. This game was built off of ANYTHING could level your char to max...you grind enough goblins you could max every part of your character. Now it's leveling at the market IF someone has 110 or 120 to sell. I love farming in this game..used to kill random mobs all day...give me a reason to do that? Why should I spend time killing oak lords of hobgoblins? Why it is now 1000 of mobspawns go unused everyday? Cause they're pointless to kill when you can't level off them. Now if every mob gave some kinda rep points? Now I will be doing these random task.

19. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

So let me see if I understand what this is. Its basically a currency you get from task in which you spend to pick your own rewards instead of it being predetermined? I like it because it would help prevent the flooding of items that have no end game uses, as people would simply stop getting them. It could also make a lot of task that have no desirable reward still worth doing if they progressed you towards something you actually wanted. The game is currently in a state where it never feels like anything is worth doing anymore for most people. Hence why everyone only pvps and duels at home and never goes out and does anything. Giving people any incentive to just be out in the world farming, doing trade routes, digging up maps, ect would help the game a shit load as far as not feeling like a dying empty game with no future goes.

JEDIMind and The Red King like this.
  20. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

Ah right, I did not get from the original post, the idea that this was replacement or rework to Task Rewards or loot.

It looked like you were suggesting a side-currency or something.

Yeah I can see this being a nice addon, since its earned over time and then you can choose the reward once, and then work to earn it again.

JEDIMind likes this.