Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

We need to fill up housing spots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mc Nasty, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

it looks terrible to have every village 75% empty or abandoned.

Runebooks dropped the desire for housing by a large margin.

Let’s make them cheaper

Let’s give a one tier bump to All OWNERS who capped their own village

Add in very rare housing decorations

When a house falls have safe and vendor break allowing for items to be fought over and looted.

Any other benefits? Maybe shorter cool downs and costs on recalls whenf you own a house

quietnoobz, Forgotten, BeatIt and 7 others like this.
  2. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

Houses need some love for sure. I agree they should be cheaper, and I like the idea of some kind of fight over the bank. Some other ideas:

craftable housing decorations that require new rare loot. can add it to whatever profession makes doors.

make house safes less rare or craftable. This is one of the main reasons to have a house, and is usually just as expensive or more expensive than the materials for a cottage. I think more people would cap houses if they could actually take advantage of secondary storage.

a few types of display cases -- these would let you put in the heads of players or boss heads that could drop from the hardest mobs.

teleport chamber house add-on -- this would let you insert a marked rune and gives a free teleport to that spot on a cooldown per character. (so you and house guests can go together)

more mini-games than just the slot machine. If the card game idea ever happens, a card table add-on in your house would be really cool.

some kind of sense of community to villages. Message boards, elect a "mayor," small coop quest chains like drive back the local mobs or deposit xyz mats to help build some statue in the village. This statue could give a tiny buff to hp regen for people that are bound in the village -- similar to the clan city buffs.

3. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Team Lead Developer

Some interesting ideas. We will be making the process for acquiring a house a lot less insane than it is now for sure. Some items like the safe, vendor and crafting tables will be craftable and we're even discussing how we're going to tie in the vendors to the new market. We want to make having a house desirable regardless of rune books and we know it's possible by looking at UO, they had both and people wanted it all.

Some ideas we're tossing around include placing runebooks in bookshelves that your guests can use or maybe you can charge a small fee for others to use. Linking them to the new markets giving home owners a tax free way to place item for sale while also providing more, close locations to reduce the distance delivery fees for buyers. More decorations are always nice. I would like to see pets that can be place in, on or around your house. New house models that you can upgrade to because variety is the spice of life. those are just the things I'm thinking of off the top of my head.

I like the idea of bringing a sense of community and will do some more thinking along those lines.

Oh and yes we do have a "For Sale" sign that we'll be using to make house trading safe.

4. KingLlama

KingLlama Fire Elemental
    Supporter Lifetime

Maybe bringing back the idoc?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Slayven likes this.
  5. Cool hwip

Cool hwip Deadeye
    Hero

How about chickens that can be harvested for eggs. Maybe other livestock or farms that have to be watered or fed someway everyday. Dunno if these should be owner only or ffa but I am sure you can figure out a decent system.

6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Team Lead Developer

This is something we'll be looking into. Part of the issue is room. There just isn't enough space in the current village layouts for a lot of this stuff and changing it to make it work would require a lot of world building, which isn't a problem it's just more time.

Oresmacker likes this.
  7. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Black Knight
    Supporter

Ima raise fighting roosters, and we can have tournaments.

Void, Dixie Normus and Billy Lee like this.
  8. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Wipe housing.

Put deeds back into the chaos chest loot table.

Watch people come back to roam for chaos chests again and fight over em.

Housing changes was a BIG mistake

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  9. Skelly

Skelly Deadeye

Add to pve!!!!!!!

10. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

Can you imagine how mad people who farmed up a house to have it wiped and have to rely on rng to get it back would be? I own a house and worked very hard for it. Paid taxes for months and have pretty much every slot filled with decorations. I would be very unhappy as a player.

rats, MikerotchBAGFACE and Methodico like this.
  11. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

You can't just wipe housing when people spent so much time farming for them. I agree to putting them back into chaos chests and there are plenty of good open spots that wiping them isn't needed. I own a house and wouldn't wanna lose it just so everyone else who didn't work for it can start on "even" terms. Let them become rng again with chests is fine but leave alone who currently has housing.

12. Skelly

Skelly Deadeye

Craftable is fine just reduce the cost greatly and maybe make the deeds lootable from chaos chest a mix of both

13. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I'm sure they'll make the mats a lil more abundant but you really think one guy should have to grind out 15,000 mats or pay 5-8million gold buying those mats and the next guy just get it randomly from a chest (keep)?

rats, Lucan and Billy Lee like this.
  14. Skelly

Skelly Deadeye

I meant the seal.

And ink shouod be easier 2 get overall getting bouse should take half the time with the right effort, and lets make it fun is why i say a mix

15. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Add housing mats to VCP rewards.

16. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Uo housing was so successful because of the unique and rare items that can be placed in houses. This game lacks that

Making safes craftable is a mistake they should be lootable off mobs, This game severely lacks any type of rare drop when farming. Its a major problem there is no excitement to drops.

Just make deeds cost gold it would be a great gold sink

Wes Furtive likes this.
  17. Dragoon

Dragoon Goblin Warrior

They making housing easier so a lot of what is really needed to be done for filling out houses is set to a large degree. Plus beyond mat issue which is getting nerfed, there was a real population issue and importance issue behind housing. So even if we had a serious uptick of groups of ppl playing there wouldn't necessarily mean Villages would start getting more Housing. When they address making housing important it'd be what really helps with filling villages.

Like the suggestion of sharing houses with more ppl, safes/door with more ppl even not bound, ect. aswell as sharing a recall with ppl around, so ppl not bound but around can share a port to a house being cast by someone bound. Able to link multiple ppl in a house recall.

Like the tier bump for Home Owners in villages.

#17 Dragoon, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  18. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Fine, don't wipe housing, but dump the housing system you guys put in. Bring deeds back.

Your post illustrated everything wrong with housing and why you have so many empty plots. No one wants to work very insanely hard for a house that honestly has minimal value.

I know several players that did the same thing and basically stopped playing shortly after. The house grind was tedious and very time consuming.

Even in the darkest days of DFO there were never empty housing plots, never even un claimed cottages.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  19. Methodico

Methodico Gravelord

For me is a stupid thing to find houses in chaos chest! I ate it in Df1 and I will ate it forever!
    I make my house and no a cottage in a week, you have to know what mob you have to farm. And me are not a farmer or a geek.

Dragoon likes this.
  20. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

I'm not arguing one way or the other on how the system was or will be. Just stating that someone saying wipe housing likely didn't work for their house. Keep in mind their value dropped significantly after the runebooks. So people worked hard for them for a bind spot. It sounds like in the future there will be reasons to still own that house and to keep it this long just to lose it before those features were implemented would make people very angry who did that work.