Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Welcome to Darkfall (Ultra HD 4k)

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by EleTaylorScoob, May 28, 2020.

1. EleTaylorScoob

EleTaylorScoob Akathar
    Supporter

I honestly didn't know such a thing existed for gaming but I'd be keen to try it out (the chromatic aberration and film grain effects look appealing). It looks like some people have reported that anti-cheat software detects it as some kind of hack based on how it injects itself so maybe someone at BPG can confirm I won't be accidentally banhammered? @Billy Lee @Neilk

What things I have tested that do improve the visuals while keeping my performance above 150fps is turning on Dynamic Super Resolution in the Nvidia control panel. That allows me to effectively double my 1440p resolution to 3620x2036. By doubling the pixels ingame you're virtually smoothing the edges/textures even if your monitor is downscaling it to 1440 or 1080p (This guy explains it decently enough).

Turning on all of the shadows ingame also allows you to use what little post processing effects are already built into the game. I've noticed during sunset/sunrise/nighttime the dynamic lighting actually looks pretty cool.

Otherwise it's a lot of post production magic. Tweaking contrast/colors in Premiere, motion blur in After effects, etc.

I'm glad people have enjoyed these videos and if there's enough interest I could definitely put together a tutorial video to help people up their production value.

Grimtide, KoKane, Uzik and 1 other person like this.
  2. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

You act like the community is full of professional videographers lmao... Be glad you even have videos to watch with the population we have had over the past 2 years.

Meanwhile your shit looks just like everyone else's -

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Uzik

Uzik Ghost
    Affluent Legend

For some reason when I turn shadows on it gets REALLY dark in dungeons at night, and it doesnt seem like the gamma settings help. You notice this too?

4. KoKane

KoKane Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy Benefactor Contributor

Are you always so dramatic?

"BE GRATEFUL FOR THE CLIPS WE HAVE. YOU HAVE TO BE A VIDEOGRAPHER OTHERWISE"
    okay..
    As stated in the thread you pulled that from.. That's a 30 minute long raw file dump. If you're interested in going back through posts, you can also find the one where I've thanked people for their submissions, or in posts that I've offered critique, I've also stated that it should be taken with a grain of salt as I'm not a video maker.

You dont have to overreact because I said "it'd be nice if this was the new standard" hoping he shares the method for it.
    ..which it seems might happen.

5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

looks amazing scoobs

6. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

I have no idea :p Amazing video though!