Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What are peoples thoughts on the bulletin boards?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vhyle, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Vhyle

Vhyle Goblin Warlord

Man I love so many of the changes, the runebooks, portal loops, the fact that gearing is easier (anything to lessen the sting of getting totally blasted) even the tasks and pve love that is coming into the game. Cant wait to try my first champion too.

Im just not sure about the VCP bulletin boards. Maybe im such a minority on this and that is fine, I always just loved to try and ninja VCPs .. I never wanted (and still dont) want a fight because im going to lose, however capping a VCP gave me the same excitement as someone winning a pvp fight.

Its all good and I have managed to snag a couple. I know solo caps does happen, but with F2P coming and people will be back from DnD .. solo ninja VCPs will be a thing of the past with the bulletin boards.

Anyways Im probably not a majority .. I just always loved the excitement of them. I try to go with people when I can, it just seems the groups that are there are freaking amazing and so well at working together which is another learning curve altogether..

Anyways not a big deal, just wondering others thoughts, and thinking out loud. Again loving all the other changes to the game!! :)

Dixie Normus likes this.
  2. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I like em a lot. I just wish you didn't load literally on top of the bindstone so you'd have a chance to assess what's going on if you're not the first one there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Billy Lee likes this.
  3. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

I think they take away from how amazing rune books are. I think they should be moved to player cities / hamlets and only let you port to villages that you capped. And then it should be free.
    Reason to own a city - little but its there, also lets you port to villages that are under your control for free.

Also make sure its a random placement not just on the stone ready to be woffed debuffed.

Oresmacker, Animal, Grimtide and 3 others like this.
  4. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

Gold inflation has been reduced quite alot by the bulletin boards and runebooks...

in the past 2 months 30 million gold has been added to the global pool of gold. 2 months prior it was 60 million. The daily logins have increased the last 2 months

5. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Banning Mov was probably a ~20 million deduction from the economy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Andrew and Kantor like this.
  6. Vhyle

Vhyle Goblin Warlord

Good to hear man!

7. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

As a player, Billboards are a grey area for me. When I want a fight I love them. When I just wanna cap a vcp I hate them. I guess the way to really look at the system as good or bad requires a person to remove themselves from the equation. You ask the questions "do lots of people enjoy it", "does it make village capping less tedious", does it allow players from different racial cities an easy way to group up for a fight?", "does it add or subtract overall player numbers" and "does it pretty much guarantee decent geared opponents will be there for fights?". I think there is nothing but good coming to the game coming from billboards. Vcp shouldn't be a solo activity. This is a mmo, so get a couple friends and go in force. I still try solo vcp, sometimes I get a free one, sometimes I get a good fight and sometimes I get the zerg. I think in general though they are good for the fame right now. If population gets a lot higher then I think something would need to be done with them.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  8. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

Still shows up on the global numbers.