Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What community thinks would bring more population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galian, Jul 14, 2017.

?

What do you think that would bring more players to RoA?

1. Bug fixes, and UI improvements

31 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Aligment system revamp

48 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. Proffesion specialization

44 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. Loot Table revamp

22 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. Tune combat skills

36 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Armor and weapon dye mechanics

12 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Deployable vendors

10 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Add more content (sand in the box)

147 vote(s)
    85.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Galian

Galian Goblin Warlord
    Legend

This post is not really intended to bring those "game is dead" comments, so please keep them out of discussion.

I was wondering what improvement does the community think that would bring more population (new players or veteran ones), to RoA.

I m sure there are more options, but I think this ones are the ones that people has repeated the most.

In my opinion they are all important, and must be done, but as long as developers are a finite resource, what do you guys think they should focus on ??

2. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

Content? Sand in da box?

Tweaks and revamps isn't good enough.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    STDIO likes this.
  3. calcal112

calcal112 Goblin Scout

You should add: More sand to the sandbox, i.e content, to the poll. Friendly side note, "Profession" is spelled with one f.

4. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Make everything easier

Leveling
    Getting ore and mats
    Traveling (increase runestone drop and maybe add more portals)

@Sero posted earlier that everything is so difficult to do in this game and the end result is often a lopsided fight which is unenjoyable

5. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter Lifetime

Really?

Those are the options you gave?

You really think there's someone sitting out there, who's like:

"You know, I'd really really love to play Darkfall, but without deployable vendors, it's just not worth it."

Or maybe they're sitting there going:

"Argh! Darkfall. That one bug I experienced twice in a month really pissed me off. I'm not gonna play that game!"

Here's the reality of the situation:

- MMORPG players don't like player skill determining outcomes.
    - FPS players don't like character skill determining outcomes
    - MMORPG players quit games when they stop seeing numbers go up
    - FPS player don't want to waste their time being noncompetitive for weeks if not months in an FPS game
    - Plenty of people have amazing toons and still suck because they're not good at FPS.
    - Plenty of people have amazing FPS skills but they still suck because they have shit toons.

The two things I think would enchance Darkfall's population more than anything else?

1. More meaningful ways to play the game that don't require grinding all schools + melee mastery + sharpshooter.
    2. A rebalancing of melee, archery and magic use to actually appeal to a broader market base.

Darkfall is a niche game just by being an MMORPG, mixed with with an FPS. It doesn't need to be even more niche by appealing to 1 type of person.

Synik, Makers Marco, Beasty and 7 others like this.
  6. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

An endgame. An actual reason for good clans to be allied with newbie clans, and have them fight together so the newbie clans can actually win fights occasionally, and feel the thrill of victory instead of the constant numb feeling of defeat.

7. Galian

Galian Goblin Warlord
    Legend

True! and added option to the poll. You also can change your votes

8. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Let's not forget that resources and "fun" are naturally funneled to the successful pvpers due to the full loot nature of the game. It's a zero sum system. The person behind pumping is having a grand time but the dude who is bent over getting pumped is really hating his life.

The nature of this game changed so much for me when I joined a veteran clan. Instead of getting wrecked and having to grind for new gear now I'm a part of winning fights and I'm actually net positive on gear and regs for the past week.

Full loot is harsh AF and tbh might not be completely sustainable

strangereligion, Fawley and MikeJT like this.
  9. Galian

Galian Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Thats an interesting point, but the main focus of this thread is to find out what does player think that would bring more people to game. And all those statements aren't mine, they are all over the forums, in different posts. Any new idea is wellcome, of course.

BTW: Your point 1 is actually an outcome of the "proFesion specialization" (thx for the spelling correction, english is not my mother tongue XD). If you can be a "fire mage" you dont have to grind all the rest. And your point 2, is also included in the "tune combat" option.

10. Kata

Kata Goblin Scout
    Hero

Hi, sorry for my English [Google translator level]
    Improve combat skills and design a final cyclical content for the game, now it is only interesting to complete the character. A target for the clans and for the people beyond to control castles.
    If you already have the castle you want you do not have many reasons to leave.
    Something like creating factions of their own. And that conquests, deaths and control of events (new events of the style of capturing things or controlling sites for a short period of time) add or subtract points, where the objective is to extinguish the other faction (when it runs out of points) forcing them To create a new one, and to try that your faction is the one that later to extinguish itself (it is always easier to lose points than to obtain them so that in the end all faccioens end up being extinct)
    People will be motivated to look for good teams and dominate all control points and events (in addition to castles) to say that their faction is the best. Then a kind of hall of fame where all factions and their achievements are recorded.

strangereligion likes this.
  11. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Earth Elemental

the options you gave are pretty biased to be fair :) But yes, vendors and dye are to me very minimalistic features. I am very well aware of them taking a lot of time, but that's the thing. The time invested / content provided ratio is not good enough to give it high priority.

12. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Quests. Loads of fucking quests with fluff items or PvE only items as the reward(I'm a big advocate of items that are tailored toward PvE for people that prefer farming to PvP).

Take a hint from Asheron's Call and release monthly content once you(speaking to the dev team) figure out the engine and establish the proper dev tools to expedite the content creation process.

Give people a reason to be out in the world and work toward a goal. Character and gear grinds don't feel like accomplishments, but more like a necessity. Gaming is about choices. Darkfall leaves you with very few of those.

13. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter Lifetime

Well if it wasn't for the implicit nut cup going on at the moment we might not get that.

When several of the largest clans on the server are made up of long term DF vets who only seem to fight each other in preorganised fights or if they're paid to show up for a siege, it really hurts the game.

80 man elite clans are fine when there's multiple 300 to 400 man zergs on the server. But when the game is low pop, it's nuts.

When half of them show up to your city in robes and walk out with all your gear, it's a major slap in the face.

When that guy in a robe is hitting you harder than you hit him when you're wearing armor, it's like a turkey slap to the face.

People complain about getting zerged out of a city but it's a product of the character gap of this game. People can't gauge how powerful someone is until they fight so you zerg for safety. Otherwise you might aa well just hand them your gear.

strangereligion and Kwatos like this.
  14. KoKane

KoKane Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy Loyal Patron Benefactor Contributor

As Animal has touched on above;
    There needs to be 'stuff' to do here and there, to the point where you're thinking "fuck, I gotta do this, I gotta do that... but then I need to do this"

It's like that in the beginning of the game, but it goes away as you get a large portion of progression done and dusted.

Ideally, for me, it'd be content relating to sieges and war. If there were some war effort that you could have, that would drive daily... no, hourly conflict between neighbouring cities. Perhaps some sort of a long term siege system that changes the current 'reasons' for simply dropping a siege.
    If conquest was by neighbouring holdings only, you would have to push out your borders constantly. Just gotta figure out the pro's and con's of that in a seperate thread and obviously build on the idea.

Some of the more fun days you can have in this game, are the days where there's just a constant hurricane of pvp going on in a given area. For me, they've been siege days with multiple sieges, seperated by hours. Usually happens when clans or alliances are in a war and take it seriously.
    So, that's why I feel the content should be conflict driven. Not just a timer that basically displays how many hours the area will be dead for, until those few minutes when its live and good for some quick fun.

15. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Devs have stated a million times, "content" is not a thing.

Be specific

breakqop and MikeJT like this.
  16. Forgotten

Forgotten Goblin Warlord
    Benefactor Supporter

We want heads on pikes.

Dark, Kantor and MikeJT like this.
  17. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

No new player ever left the game because of lack of content please get that in your mind

18. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter Lifetime

Players with finished characters leave the game because of a "lack of content". This is MMORPG player speak for "I stopped hearing dings! I STOPPED HEARING DINGS! Why bother playing the game now?"

Forgotten likes this.
  19. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

That's wrong. But I get your point as well.

MikeJT likes this.
  20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

None of the above really, to bring in more "non pvpers" You need rare fluff, special hats, that can be obtained in the game, cape's, clothing, swords, or whatever else you can think of, a long with more than just pvp and pve to do. Many people will play the game just for the social aspect if we had one, a better trade system would help also, cause some people just love trading. For the game pop to raise we just need many more options of what people can do at any given time of the day.
    --- Post updated ---
    He is mostly right the new players that left this game never came close to seeing all the content the game does have, much less the need for new content.