Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

What did you hate most?

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by tic tac, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Just AV for closing it down.

For how shit gaming has been in general since it left us, I will never say a bad thing about the game ever again.

2. Machinist

Machinist Deadeye

1. wookies
    2. whiteview ladder
    3. areas with no purpose (low tier mobs, a spawn with a single goblin spawning from it (woo hoo!), awful villages, etc.)
    4. ginger people apart from ginger magician
    5. swamp creatures becoming top tier/factors on dead servers after years (tiny dancer, truedork, that other guy.... raap nub, took a while to remember his name)
    6. hackers/cheats like arkillion getting away with hacking for years
    7. not finding good macros for years
    8. fat elitist americans
    9. everyone scared to fight each other to create pvp and sieges
    10. zerg mentality
    11. usable items with no purpose (fish barrels, chests)
    12. crap game engine/shit performance
    13. con artist/ponzi scheme clans exploiting newbies (the horde)
    14. bunny hopping
    15. na/eu split
    16. slow ass updates/excuses/lies/AV
    17. fully buffed melee left click spam
    18. no cheap and easy way for character rename

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #22 Machinist, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Postman Pat and Forgotten like this.
  3. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

So true

4. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Deadeye
    Legend

1- if like you said good players will always be good and bad players always bad, then I guess you can imaging the gap getting worst by using a script.

2- If like you said good players will always be good and bad players always bad then why the hell you need to use a script. The way you talk seem you are on the good players side so why the need to use it if you win anyway?

3- If AHK is not an advantage in good player's minds, then why the hell everyone's script is like a secret no one want to share ?

Carrot Soup likes this.
  5. noname777

noname777 Goblin Warlord

the new player experience.

Andrew likes this.
  6. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

1- I didn't entirely said that ; I said scripts doesn't change your skills on video games , either you are usually 'good' or not . Good players stay good even without scripts , and in the meantime a script won't necessarily improves gameplay quality of a bad player if the guy has no idea of what he's doing. If you know what you're doing , script will just 'help' you with for example sword&board. How does pressing one button instead of two thanks to a script makes you a cheater or whatever people are jealous and crazy about ?

2- That's my point , scripts or macros are literally zero relations with skill-level of a player on any games. Stop being so paranoid and hiding behind excuses. Some guys decided to start a vendetta against scripts/macro just because they weren't using any themselves. Enjoy binding more keys than you need but i personally use whatever can help me in any games. In WoW noone's whining because frostmage are using a macro to cancel iceblock as soon as they pop it just to remove debuffs , why ? because it's directly from the game ? Dude , there is no difference . You all have crazy ideas about scripts playing alone while the guy is just masturbating on his second computer.

To answer your question , then again why should I use 2 keys instead of 1 just to pop my 1h&shield out when i can just write a 3 lines script ? Why shouldn't I write a 3 lines script that makes me switch to my melee skills bars when i pop out my greatsword ? If your answer is : "so you can just do like everyone else does aka doing everything manually : take your greatsword , swith bar manually" yeah ok well ; it's not like online players were looking for every ways to improve their gameplay in any ways since more than 20 years now.

3- A secret ? Then again most of you guys whining about scripts are dreaming about 1560 lines script for bunnyhopping , well Santa Claus doesn't exist , these kind of scripts neither.
    Scripts are personnalized for your own gameplay and binds so .. i don't think there is anything secret here. You can find plenty of those on internet
    If you don't know how to write them is another story.

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

1. fizzles

2. surges

3. sick bastards

Andrew, Ogrinn and Mortimer like this.
  8. Xplozyon

Xplozyon Deadeye
    Legend

1- This is my last opinion here on the subject cuz for sure you're trying to minimize scripts. Maybe it's true that YOU using a 3 line script for your sword/shield but do you really think that we are criticizing those kind of script...you should be enough experienced to know that we are talking about more detailed script like one button rays perfectly timed with CD, potions/foods/health indicator etc. All this kind of stuff that in the end all you have to do is looking the other players without having to manage your health/potions/food and CD. And thats only for those using this kinda average script cuz we all know alot are flirting on legit with scripts that is using pixel detection/ auto mouse moving / instant camera moving like a perfect 180 degrees etc.

9. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

You didn't have to time your ray cd's you just set them in order to mash all the rays in whatever order you prefered. If you wanted impale then unholy caress then dragon's breath you just had it send impale bind then click then unholy caress and then click then dragon's breath then click and so on and so forth for all your rays from most important to least important. It wasn't rocket science, I will gladly write AHK scripts and put them on the forums on whenever the game goes up, you will just need to customize to your preference. Most people's scripts were basically just pressing a key and it mashed a bunch of other keys. I.e. I push t and it pushes bind for disabling blow, and disabling shot and come hither, the client wouldn't let you queue a skill for the wrong weapon.

10. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

i hated the gap between a new player and a veteran. it just wasn't even close.

i hated the grind a tiny bit but not by much.

i hated the ui, it was a cluster fuck but i do like the freedom it offers.

i dislike how long it took to actually equip gear, id like to personally see it reduced by half tbh.

i hated the need for some scripts like sword+board, ray script, sprint script etc..

new players could of been better swooned into the game i guess.

that's all really to me.

11. Mortimer

Mortimer Deadeye

I guess fizzles and presurging too. Not that much surges but presurging was soo fkin cheesy.

12. Furion

Furion Skeleton Archer
    Contributor Legend

I hated when they kept saying " soon "

13. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

Fizzles

Surges

Sick Bastards calling in every guild that would help them down to the very last day.
    The short time I was with them there was a siege where I was literally in group 7 and it wasnt the last group. The enemy had 20, if that.

AV for giving up shortly after Hellfreeze. It was like "hey!", heres the next little expansion, this will be the last time you hear from us. Until we back alley plastic surgery this game and resell it to you suckers.

ForumFall Mods for being Nazis. If I ever saw Agent Oranj in game I would teabag him until he bled out.

There is more but now I need a beer.

Fengor and Grimtide like this.
  14. Postman Pat

Postman Pat Akathar

What I hated the most about Darkfall was the carebear mentality of majority of the players that PVP'd who believed they had a god given right to have what they believed in there eyes to be a "fair fight" in every engagement within the sandbox, not realising this was NOT a dueling tournament game.

15. CptnJack

CptnJack New Member

So true, learning scripts in ahk takes no time at all. If you dont even know how to google stuff then i guess it could be hard

16. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

Only one thing in darkfall, players bindstone camping nakeds so that they cant do anything beside logg of, happend to me alot of times and they dont care if im naked running out to get away so you can play the game they would run you down and continue until you logged of.

You should get a 1 h ban for bindstone camp playera for no reason.

17. Postman Pat

Postman Pat Akathar

you are a carebear, this is part of sandbox, what you do is you call your friend/clan to save you or you learn to play yourself and escape. You want everything handed a plate? Go play WoW.

Fengor and hayland like this.
  18. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

You call it carebear ? I call it facking up the game so we dont get new players, i dont give a shit, i just logg of and logg on a alt and continue to play, not every person have 3 characters.
    What new player with no contacts and clan will se this and say i want play this game, im not saying that you ahould not be allowes to do it, just that camping players that is neutral is stupid.

If you are at war thats a completly diffrent story.

19. Postman Pat

Postman Pat Akathar

It's a part of the game, this is not the game for you. You are completely delusional with idealogy, sandboxes evidently don't suit you if you cannot comprehend how WRONG you are.

20. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

The wolfs need sheeps or ells you got no game.
    Darkfall was the first mmo i played and will be the only mmo i ever will play.

So go play your WOW and let players who love darkfall play it.