Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

what graphical upgrades would you like to see to Darkfall Rise of Agon ?

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Eagleglow, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

What graphical upgrade would you like to see ?

Overall i think DFO had really great graphics when you played on PS3

- I would like the schools that did not get any from av.

- Some armor like miridain plate/fullplate, orc bone was a bit low textured.

- Higher textures on stuff like weapons, structures. (can be turned down again for sieges ofc)

- Clan banners for Ships, city walls and siege/territory flags.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Etheom

Etheom Goblin Warrior

I'm fine with the graphics as they were when the servers shut down though it would be nice to see all the armor sets completed and some spells revamped with textures improved.

3. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Long term we want to upgrade graphics and I know the water shader is something one of the programmers said to me the first time we met haha! However PERFORMANCE is our focus above all else. Darkfall is meant to be a massive scale game and as such anything we do graphics-wise will take into account optimization for large scale combat. We won't sacrifice 1000 players being able to play sieges for a nice high-resolution texture!

We do however want to look at completing all the armours in the game with full sets once we have a larger team and can focus on less critical content.

Hyld and AbyssWalker like this.
  4. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Not to change the face of the game, but to enhance it would be the direction I Would say..

Lets do JJ abrams..

So like more lens flares more explosions.. some camera shaking effects.

5. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

im not a programmer but cant you make a (ultra) sellection in the game so you dont really change anything beside that you can turn it up more for ous ppl with sweet computers ;)

6. TaylorNox

TaylorNox Crypt Guard

The simple answer would be not without a lot of work.

I'd love to see a more graphically pleasing darkfall - however performance and content trumps everything. Which is already consuming so much time.

7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

None at all. Performance over everything.

8. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

We may be limited on the game engine, what it is able to render in such a short space of time.

9. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

At least update some sound effect :), dobt really care for graphics thow i think dfo had Great graphics

10. trashsmasher

trashsmasher Crypt Guard

11. Baraz

Baraz Skeleton Archer

First, graphical improvements can be done without adding polygons/load. So I am not asking for high textures.

The visual aspects that have always annoyed me in the past...

* Stone boulders and mountains had really bad design with odd straight lined edges. That always broke the immersion for me. Really the only thing I found too ugly to ignore.

* Give characters some choice of default visuals (clothing). For the face, my opinion is that offering many simple options allows many combinations; I mean you don't need super detailed options (not like some games that allow you to define the curb and positioning of an eyebrow: you just offer x choices of eyebrows, eyepatchs, scars, hair).

12. noname777

noname777 Goblin Warlord

if vertical sync was off wasnt this already possible?

13. noname777

noname777 Goblin Warlord

the ability to cap fps to allow a steady number your computer can consistently produce rather than one that fluctuates depending on the scenery. Not crucial but the competitive players would love this.

14. benserker

benserker New Member
    Legend

Of course content, performance, balancing and other stuff are more important than graphics. But graphics are still important for the game also to attract more players. At the moment I play Black Desert and the graphics are beautiful this helps when it comes to immersion. Hope that in a later state of the game BPG will work on graphics ore maybe even relaunch a DarkFall with a crazy engine like Cryengine or similar.

15. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Make the water shader look a little nicer, helps a ton to making a game look more beautiful.

Fix the awkward lines between tile textures.

Also making the base of trees look more natural, as it stands they pretty noticeably look like props placed around the map instead of apart of the map.

Round out some of the jagged edges on mountains and hills to make it look a bit more natural.

Overall character design is great, just some improvements to the actual look of the map would go a long way to making the games graphics really look great.

Hyld likes this.
  16. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

Fix the damn run and sprinting animations. They are all so awful, no biped would run like any race in darkfall.

17. adamisanameihave

adamisanameihave Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Get rid of all the spell effects for buffs.. its stupid looking when everyone is always buffing before fights...

18. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

What.....

Awful idea. Seeing what your enemy buffs means you can know what they have up at least. Would you rather just a bunch of people standing around looking like they are doing nothing while they buff? You realize that'll just look like incomplete content.

19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Content and performance over graphics. DFO is far better than WoW and IMO better than Crowfall will be in terms of graphics. WoW still has millions playing it. (I don't know why, but they do)

20. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

Who want graphical upgrades - go play MO or some other trash pls.Darkfall is pvp game,and graphics still amazing even at 1st shader