Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

what happend to ANN?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Dec 17, 2018.

1. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Streamer Legend ANN Reporter

The 2 podcast that are up there (I did more) were fun but there's only so much df you can talk about. Originally I wanted to do something with the developers because some insight in the behind the scenes was far more fascinating to me, but that never came to fruition. What I would love to see is developer update videos, official patch notes discussion, trailers, Q&A's ect going up on the ROA YouTube channel with high frequency. Watching a 2-3min video on how the game is going is a lot easier than going to the forums. It's also another opportunity to showcase the game and reach a wider audience.

Hey I need a job btw so hmu if you need my podcast voice again bpg.

#21 MADtheMADDEST, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Sique and Talth like this.
  2. Talth

Talth Goblin Warrior
    ANN Reporter

Dang Sique! I have to agree...your poor back!

3. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

i would love to see these vids back tho.. its enjoying to watch..

While we wait for this ... could we make a lottery and guess cup size of this babe?

Bartlebe likes this.
  4. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

:tearsofjoy:

mad has a god tier voice so don't let that opportunity go @bpg

ya i've been asking for new videos but i'm not sure what bpg is doing. hopefully they at least have a trailer planned for embers of war.

agreed

Well, once Embers of War is out and the community hosts more tournaments or events in general that could happen.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #24 Sique, Dec 18, 2018
    MADtheMADDEST likes this.
  5. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

You've never been with a woman....How the hell would you know what problems they have?

loser

6. Degamra

Degamra Winterbound
    Hero

Clearly the minds chosen to carry the torch for ANN just werent creative enough to conjure content tbh
    --- Post updated ---
    Get me in that bish I'm going full Stephan A Smith

onslaught likes this.
  7. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Just stick to being Molly Qerim, man.... :p
    --- Post updated ---
    Nobody fucking knows. And there are so many variables to consider just on the user end.

Check your CPU cores for throttling. Unpark them. Computers from 8 years ago had less power saving shit involved so this could be one place to look.

I have a 4 cpu core with HT and normally DF process goes to the second thread of the last core.

I tried Imagecfg (https://robpol86.com/imagecfg.html), an utilty that makes you assign an executable to a specific logical CPU permanently (should be better then setting CPU affinity after a process is started) and i noticed nothing. the only down of this experiment is that imagecfg writes onto the executable. So if you try this, make backups pls.

Try to run the game with prefetch enabled and disabled (in bios and registry).

THen you have HPET (high precision event timers). There is a whole lot of misinformation on tech forums about this and a lot of people in guru3d shit swear by their mother turning HPET on both in the bios/uefi and in windows will grant better gaming experiences at lower latency (input etc).
    Well... Turning HPET on in windows is - according to microsoft - a debugging option in bcdedit.

I had HPET turned on for 1 year now and what i know is after turning it off in bios and OS made everything run much smoother and with less input lag.

It's just a fucking can of worms.

Also, i do not recall having such lower frames near and inside cities like Redmoon, white Claw with the laptop i played on 7 years ago. so yeah...

#27 Featherbeans, Dec 18, 2018
    Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  8. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

Pretty much this. Got very time consuming and difficult for the team, and the population was suffering during that time so there wasn't enough content to cover. Now that the population is better, I'd love to see it revived. Though I don't have the time to lead it anymore, so if anyone is interested in taking over, feel free to reach out.

Sique likes this.